What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nokgod

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Got five of those. I've got a spare Rorona, if you need it.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:04 pm

nokgod wrote:Got five of those. I've got a spare Rorona, if you need it.
I've got 9 of them but unfortunately, Rorona is one of them but thanks anyway :) . Interestingly, I see that one quite often but never the others.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Megamixer wrote:
I've got 9 of them but unfortunately, Rorona is one of them but thanks anyway :) . Interestingly, I see that one quite often but never the others.
yeah, same. I picked it up cheap the other day. I already have it as Gman gave it to me for SS :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Picked up Pikmin for the GC today. CEX for £6, goes for more on Ebay.

Got a raft of CG games on route this week...

And ordered a JXD S7800B today, will be coming from China at some point in the distant future £85.... Gamepad can go back now!!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:23 pm

nokgod wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
yeah, same. I picked it up cheap the other day. I already have it as Gman gave it to me for SS :D
What about Agarest Generations of War found this in with my games had it cheap from CEX it looks like Tactic's Ogre/La Puculle/Sudikon single screen turn based..

Or is this tecnically Gust putting there name to the game but not programming it?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:23 pm

oh, nearly forgot. Got these today. Do i need another micro? No, but i can't resist them. :D The photo is crap (phone) and it looks silver but its actually a pale violet. Not seen many in that colour.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Megamixer wrote:Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
Don't forget Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk, and Atelier Escha And Logy: Alchemists of The Dusk Sky - need to get those two in myself!
Shinobi wrote:What about Agarest Generations of War found this in with my games had it cheap from CEX it looks like Tactic's Ogre/La Puculle/Sudikon single screen turn based..

Or is this tecnically Gust putting there name to the game but not programming it?

Think that's actually Compile Heart. It's a good game, gets surprisingly deep and tough.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Shinobi wrote: What about Agarest Generations of War found this in with my games had it cheap from CEX it looks like Tactic's Ogre/La Puculle/Sudikon single screen turn based..

Those games are developed by Idea Factory and published by Ghostlight so no, nothing to do with NIS or Gust. There are some nifty special editions for the PAL games though :)
Sel Feena wrote:Don't forget Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk, and Atelier Escha And Logy: Alchemists of The Dusk Sky - need to get those two in myself!
Oh yeah! They churn these things out on a production line!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Well bought quite a bit and finally uploaded

My £25 Coleco with games and VCS Converter

Ladybug was boxed all other lose

Wii and 360 game

PC Engine games and Shinobi I was given for free of the very generous Black Ridge

PS2 games I was given off Mega Mixer and Black Ridge theres a a few more not pictured

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 pm

^ Cosmic Avenger, Zaxxon and the Coleco's version of DK are all terrific games!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 pm

sscott wrote:^ Cosmic Avenger, Zaxxon and the Coleco's version of DK are all terrific games!
Zaxxon still looks graphically superb, I would have shed a tear how good it looks If I had owned that back in the 80's I can't beat that big robot that fires the missile.. Cosmic Avenger reminds me off Scramble but plays far better.. Mouse Trap is a bit confusing as it uses most of the number pad..

The Colecovision games seem nigh on arcade perfect

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 am

Assassin's Creed IV. Ironically I've always hated the AC games, but I gave it a go and I'm really enjoying it!

The missus is a little po'ed thought. I bought it for her and she hasn't had a chance to play yet.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:29 pm

My CEX had a load more retro stuff in, so picked up Crack Down on Mega Drive for £4. They also have Hybrid Heaven on N64 for £3. Was gonna pick it up, but don't know what its like. Is it any good and worth a punt for 3 quid?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:My CEX had a load more retro stuff in, so picked up Crack Down on Mega Drive for £4. They also have Hybrid Heaven on N64 for £3. Was gonna pick it up, but don't know what its like. Is it any good and worth a punt for 3 quid?
Ive played it though

The story is arse
The actual combat system is different to the norm

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:My CEX had a load more retro stuff in, so picked up Crack Down on Mega Drive for £4. They also have Hybrid Heaven on N64 for £3. Was gonna pick it up, but don't know what its like. Is it any good and worth a punt for 3 quid?
if its boxed you'll easily make that back if you dont like it