What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:13 pm

shiftytigger wrote:On a less related note I found a copy of Cocoto Funfair at a Cex and was ready to buy but it turned out they didn't have the disc and it was mispurchased as PS2. Im hoping they find the disc and contact me but I wont hold my breath.
You can pick that one up cheap anyway mate, i got a new/sealed one on ebay for £6. The rarest one is Cocoto Kart Racer, had to get mine from France, iirc.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Shinobi wrote:Had loads this week

Woman in the charity shop held these back for me and said she has more upstairs 8) all £1

Had these off my friend £20 for 10 Master System games with Wonderboy

The PS1 and Dreamcast games where held back for me in a charity shop and cost me 69p each.. 360 games I bought PC Engine games I swapped off a friend

PSP games from Game, Duble Dragon from a trade with Van, Starblade I had for free of megamixer along with some awesome Morrigan, Felica and Lillith figures.. PC Engine games from swaps with a friend

Very nice haul of ms stuff mate, got most of them and they are great games

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Id say youve done very well with that lot there Shin. Interested to know what the PC Engine games are. Im still learning a lot about the system. Did you get yourself one in the end? I see you have Dragon Spirit, thats a personal fave so far. Good score on the Master System stuff too :wink:

Im waiting on a couple of Lode Runner games for the Saturn and Kyūkyoku Tiger on PCE.
I did a swap with a friend for one of his PC Engines which has been scart modded and colour boosted core graphics 2.. Games where boxed

Tales of the Monsters Path
Platform game with Manga girl fighting dinosaurs and robots
Rock On

Lose
Shanghai
Dragon Spirit
Jap game
Tiger think its Twin Cobra
Genii and Oragi clans Namco
Legend Bout
?????

And Final Blaster which I was going to send to you it's a shmump
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm

flatapex wrote:

Woman in the charity shop held these back for me and said she has more upstairs 8) all £1

Had these off my friend £20 for 10 Master System games with Wonderboy

The PS1 and Dreamcast games where held back for me in a charity shop and cost me 69p each.. 360 games I bought PC Engine games I swapped off a friend

PSP games from Game, Duble Dragon from a trade with Van, Starblade I had for free of megamixer along with some awesome Morrigan, Felica and Lillith figures.. PC Engine games from swaps with a friend

Friend brought over my modded 50 60hz Master System 1 which I swapped of him and a few more games R Type, Tom and Jerry and something called Sagaia.. Look forward to trying these

Any idea if Psychic World, Laser Ghost and Quartet are any good? Also after the Castlevania rip off Master of Darkness

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Rayman Legends on PS4, just a stop gap until something important comes along, was only £25 new though.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Streets of Rage 3 on MD for £15 :D no manual, though, but chuffed to bits, though. Wad going to sell it on, but after trying it out, i reconsidered and have stuck it underneath SOR II. They also had Super Fantasy Zone as well, which im gonna pick up on Friday.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 am

^ I've never got the SOR3 hate.
Yes, the music is nowhere near as good but you can't really blame Koshiro for wanting to experiment as it was likely that whatever he came up with would have been compared unfavourably to the first two.

It's still a very good beat-em-up in its own right.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:09 am

This just arrived from ShopTo. :D

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 am

Got my son a Titanfall Xbox One pad plus my official PS4 Gold headset arrived from Video Games Plus yesterday which is very good, it also works on my pc which is a bonus.
"Time fades even legend..."

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 am

Shinobi wrote:
flatapex wrote:

W
Friend brought over my modded 50 60hz Master System 1 which I swapped of him and a few more games R Type, Tom and Jerry and something called Sagaia.. Look forward to trying these

Any idea if Psychic World, Laser Ghost and Quartet are any good? Also after the Castlevania rip off Master of Darkness
psychic world- yes
laser ghost- infinitely better with lightgun
quartet- not got

master of darkness is fantastic (quite expensive though), dracula is brilliant too but similarly pricey

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 pm

I vaguelly remember playing Dracula on my friends Master System on his black and white tv.. I remember those three vampire women you couldn't kill so I'm guessing it must have been based on the Gary Oldman Dracula.. Master of Darkness looks supurb and plays really well from what little I played of it through emulation.. Speaking of Gun games I remember Op Wolf being brilliant espically with the gun

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

AceGrace wrote:This just arrived from ShopTo. :D

Beautiful.

My Amazon order has been dispatched so I'm praying that they actually send me the CE that I ordered for £39.99. I'll know either way very soon!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Quite proud of my little non retro pile today - mainly bought to give some more modern games and series a try.

Infamous 2,
Uncharted ,
Uncharted 2 ,
Need for Speed The Run ,
Killzone 2 ,
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

and best of all

The Last of Us for £4.99

Yes ok its not a massive bargain but it was for me as ive been umming over it for ages and that was the cheapest yet.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend to catch up on all my PS3 purchases over last few months - including CoD Blops , Mirrors Edge , Sonic Generations and the list above.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my megadrive owning customers collection may also soon be mine - going to check it out tomorrow. Claims he has a MD/MCD and loads of games. We shall see.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:00 am

Didn't think Amazon would honor this for £39.99, but it just arrived. :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 am

Arrived yesterday, I've seen some quality game artbooks in my time but this one is beautiful: