What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:54 am

#Slimpickings
WOS2 £1
Legends of wrestling 75p
Space invaders 75p
Endless ocean (people on that wii site im one talked about it a lot in the past) £4

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 am

The Bureau - XCOM Declassified.

At the end of the Steam weekend 75% off now, only £7.49!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Twilight Princess on GC. One ive had a few times , always sold it for good money but always regretted it. Not making the same mistake again.
£48.00 from Cex. Yes its expensive but if you consider the credit note I used was paid for by around £10 of purchases it works out pretty well.

Also happens to be minty with unused Points and everything.

May be time to actually play it. Its not getting sold thats for sure.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:41 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Twilight Princess on GC. One ive had a few times , always sold it for good money but always regretted it. Not making the same mistake again.
£48.00 from Cex. Yes its expensive but if you consider the credit note I used was paid for by around £10 of purchases it works out pretty well.
Its incredible how the Gamecube version costs about £40 more than the Wii version!

I suppose it saves on the wiimote "wiggling/waggling" though.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Earthworm Jim 2 on Megadrive, well over 200 MD titles now but there is no way I am going for a full collection!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Twilight Princess on GC. One ive had a few times , always sold it for good money but always regretted it. Not making the same mistake again.
Its incredible how the Gamecube version costs about £40 more than the Wii version!

I suppose it saves on the wiimote "wiggling/waggling" though.
Mostly because it had a very small release compared to the Wii version. I bought mine for £30 from somebody on here a few years ago and didn't regret it at all. A fantastic game that has to be one of the best on the Gamecube visually.

For the record, I consider the GC game the 'proper' version as development started on the 'cube plus it has normal controls rather than messing about with the Wii remote. I do enjoy motion controls in Wii games when they work but Zelda is fine with the pad and classic controls for me. I've yet to play my Skyward Sword but I'm hoping the M+ controls are a treat.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Had loads this week 8)
Had this box of games for free of Black Ridge on here 8) lots of scrolling beat em up, gentleman and a Scholar.. Also a pinball game on PSP not pictured

Had Panzer Dragoon and Mario Kart from the niceness thread of Roo and G Man.. Red Sonja and Street Fighter of the ever generous Megamixer who also gave me Zombie Hunter for free :D :D

The rest I bought the Sonic annual was in Poundland, How to win at Donkey Kong was in a charity shop
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm

AceGrace wrote:These 2 since christmas.

Would like a re issue of the Tecmo compilation. Shame it was only on xbox.

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:59 pm

nakamura wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Doom, Super Famicom
Complete???
Oooohhh I want that, its pretty hard to find.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Shinobi wrote:Had loads this week 8)
Had this box of games for free of Black Ridge on here 8) lots of scrolling beat em up, gentleman and a Scholar.. Also a pinball game on PSP not pictured

Had Panzer Dragoon and Mario Kart from the niceness thread of Roo and G Man.. Red Sonja and Street Fighter of the ever generous Megamixer who also gave me Zombie Hunter for free :D :D

The rest I bought the Sonic annual was in Poundland, How to win at Donkey Kong was in a charity shop
Beat Down is a great game; one of the PS2's hidden gems in my opinion and I enjoyed it enough to keep it. You'll have to let us know if that Gekido game is any good as the GBA game looks class but I didn't know there was a PS1 game too.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:17 pm

If you fancy selling on Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gunvalkrie Shinobi let me know. Those two are partially why I bought an Xbox again, along with the rest of the Sega games like JSRF. Cool gets.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Eternal darkness GameCube

Turok.Evolution GameCube

Onimusha Warloads ps2

Mdk 2 Armageddon ps2

Dragonball Z budokai 1, 2 and 3.

£7 the lot.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:[Beat Down is a great game; one of the PS2's hidden gems in my opinion and I enjoyed it enough to keep it. You'll have to let us know if that Gekido game is any good as the GBA game looks class but I didn't know there was a PS1 game too.
:lol: ..that's amazing. I bought a copy of that this week, cos i thought Shinobi would like it and i'd never heard of it. What are the odds....? :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 pm

speedlolita wrote:If you fancy selling on Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gunvalkrie Shinobi let me know. Those two are partially why I bought an Xbox again, along with the rest of the Sega games like JSRF. Cool gets.
Speedy PM your address and you can have Gun Valkyrie for free, as it doesn't work on the 360 and I have no way of playing it.. Will try and get it posted tomorrow
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Shinobi wrote:
speedlolita wrote:If you fancy selling on Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gunvalkrie Shinobi let me know. Those two are partially why I bought an Xbox again, along with the rest of the Sega games like JSRF. Cool gets.
Speedy PM your address and you can have Gun Valkyrie for free, as it doesn't work on the 360 and I have no way of playing it.. Will try and get it posted tomorrow
Wow, thanks! And yeah, 360 not playing stuff is another reason I got the original Xbox.
Logged out 15/07/2014.