What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

superstarbeejay

Post by superstarbeejay » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Space_turnip wrote:
superstarbeejay wrote:
I went to Gloucester today. Didn't pick up any £0.05 BOGOF games (there were a few but nothing worth picking up).

I did however, get a boxed DC with 2 vmus, Shenmue II, Shenmue (both with slipcases), power stone 2 and giga wing for £25.
Nice. I bet that copy of Power Stone is the one which was on the retro shelf. I tried hiding it behind Paperboy 2 on the mega drive but damn ;)

Anything else good left? The ton of cart-only games they had behind all the bags and stuff had some decent games amongst them, and there were a few other boxed ones i was interested in. Oh, and was the Multimega or the Mega Drive 2 still there? Think the multimega they had was out of my price range but i need a replacement MD pretty soon...
To be honest there was sod all there that I could see. Didn't see any mega drive games whatsoever, no multimega, about 20 ps1 games and the same dc, a few saturn. They had the usual 4 for £10 on the unboxed stuff but I didn't bother going through those.

EDIT: They had a few rare MD, SNES and NES games in the fornt window. Things like the phantasy star games, zelda's and secret of mana which was £40, which I didn't think was too crazy. The Phantasy star games were between £20 and £40 which I thought was a bit much.
Last edited by superstarbeejay on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Bah. Ah well, i'm flat broke this month anyway, and according to the guy in the shop Swindon hasn't sent them their stuff yet so i'll have to pop up on the train in a couple of weeks. Good thing about Gloucester is that if they have sod all there, there's a few more shops worth looking in as well.

superstarbeejay

Post by superstarbeejay » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Space_turnip wrote:Bah. Ah well, i'm flat broke this month anyway, and according to the guy in the shop Swindon hasn't sent them their stuff yet so i'll have to pop up on the train in a couple of weeks. Good thing about Gloucester is that if they have sod all there, there's a few more shops worth looking in as well.
Yeah, even if you don't get anything there's plenty of other shops for retro stuff.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:15 pm

MAsters Of Orion 2, Mech Commander and Beasts And Bumpkins, all on PC for 50p each (even though one of them she didn't see so i got one for nothing! brilliant!) and Scramble Spirits for the C64 for 20p.

happy Days!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:MAsters Of Orion 2, Mech Commander and Beasts And Bumpkins, all on PC for 50p each (even though one of them she didn't see so i got one for nothing! brilliant!) and Scramble Spirits for the C64 for 20p.

happy Days!
You got one for nothing, you fuckin' tight bastard :D
Splink!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:03 pm

felgekarp wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:MAsters Of Orion 2, Mech Commander and Beasts And Bumpkins, all on PC for 50p each (even though one of them she didn't see so i got one for nothing! brilliant!) and Scramble Spirits for the C64 for 20p.

happy Days!
You got one for nothing, you fuckin' tight bastard :D
yes, sir, i am!!!
AND PROUD!!!!! :lol: :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:21 am

Just received another parcel containing 20-something Atari 2600 games, and I also got Baten Kaitos Origins, which I had ordered on ebay.
I was anxiously waiting for this game to be released in Europe, but it never came... so, now that I have a Gamecube freeloader, I'll be able to play this.
I'm quite thrilled! (though I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening...)

I'm going to a big car boot sale tomorrow, so I hope that it won't rain, and that I'll be able to find some good stuff...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 am

Street Fighter Collection 2 (PS) for about £6

There all far better than the appaling versions to be found on Capcom Classics!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 am

The versions on Capcom Classics are actually ports of Street Fighter Collection 2 (at least on the PS2).

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:21 am

MX vs ATV Untamed (360)
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:32 am

Picked up Call Of Duty 2 for the 360 and XIII for the Xbox from Gamestation.
Splink!

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:18 pm

got me today........

should keep me out of trouble for a bit!!!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

william

Post by william » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:12 pm

last week i managed to pick up at my local CHIPS shop(edinburgh) a brand new unopened boxed Atari Lynx 2 with 10 factory sealed games for 70 quid(minus the penny)
the 10 games were-
Rampage
Chips challenge
Pit fighter
Shadow of the beast
Crystal mines 2
Switchblade 2
Viking child
Bill & teds excellent adventure
Robotron 2084
Battle wheels

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 am

Went to a huge car boot sale today... but still couldn't find much! (I think I should go directly to the UK so I can find great stuff like some of you lads...)
But, I did manage to find a Megadrive 1 with games, including SF2 and Fatal Fury, as well as Micromachines 2 and several F1, football & basketball games.
Console (boxed with instructions) + 2 pads + cables & leads + 16 games (all boxed with instructions) for £27.
Not a bad deal I think.
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 am

Also want to a big car boot in Hathersage nr. Sheffield and got Revolt and V-Rally on Dreamcast and also a Spectrum + with many games for £10 (pictures below).
Image came with a mysterious tub full of tapes...
Here they are...
love this game...
plus lots of 'official' games like this one :wink: