What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Vir_Lucis

Post by Vir_Lucis » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:35 am

sirclive1 wrote:Civilization revolution ! on the 360 , been waiting for ages for that.
Oh Oh Oh!!! Is that out :D :D :D Been waiting just as long...will have to pick it up today.
Future Conscience: What do we want to be? - A futurist blog exploring technology, society and ethics @FutureCon

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 am

I've been waiting for Civ: Revolution for ages too; played the demo 2 nights ago and was surprised by how good it was.

Don't think i'll be able to afford it today though, so it's freeciv for me for a couple of weeks still.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:17 am

Went to GAME and Gamestation and trawled through the never ending PS2 library they have there.

Came away with a pretty cool looking wireless controller from Madcatz, it's real tiny but I've never seen one like it before. Not exactly a Sega Saturn PS2 controller but anything is better than the D-Pad on the Dual Shock 2.

Also managed to pick up SOS: The final Escape (after Shadowman jogging my memory of it the other day) XII Stag and 1945 I&II collection as I don't see them around too often. :)

random_dave

Post by random_dave » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 am

my boss just handed me a big box full of a dusty Atari7800, two joysticks without shaft covers, paddles a gamepad and 16 (2600) games (some with boxes, most with manuals)

Reckon I can take it off his hands for £15, go for it?
MSN: dlanki [at] Hotmail.com
360: lanki of badger
psn/twitter/playfire: random_dave

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 am

might as well
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 am

Ive been playing the free civ demo all week , against other xblive users rather than the pc , people are so much sneakier !
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 am

C=Style wrote: Also managed to pick up SOS: The final Escape (after Shadowman jogging my memory of it the other day) XII Stag and 1945 I&II collection as I don't see them around too often. :)
Nice one on getting SOS, its a refreshingly different take on the survival genre and was one of my surprise favourite games of the last generation.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Vir_Lucis

Post by Vir_Lucis » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:58 am

Just got back from lunch break...now with Civ Revolutions in my hand yay!

One thing i did notice though, does it annoy anyone else that Game doesn't seem to stock much Xbox and NO Gamecube stuff anymore?! At least the ones around me don't (inner London).
Future Conscience: What do we want to be? - A futurist blog exploring technology, society and ethics @FutureCon

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:37 pm

The 2 games at Meadowhall in Sheffield had no xbox or gamecube games in last week, whereas they've had at least a shelf or 2 full of each before hand.
Picked up Sega Rally for the 360 this morning from Blockbuster.
Splink!

random_dave

Post by random_dave » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

felgekarp wrote:The 2 games at Meadowhall in Sheffield had no xbox or gamecube games in last week, whereas they've had at least a shelf or 2 full of each before hand.
I reckon they've all been diverted to the new gamestations many racks of preowned in a bid for game to make their brand appear better cos they're mainly stocking new stuff

I could be talking utter rubbish though :shock:
MSN: dlanki [at] Hotmail.com
360: lanki of badger
psn/twitter/playfire: random_dave

superstarbeejay

Post by superstarbeejay » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:22 pm

random_dave wrote:
felgekarp wrote:The 2 games at Meadowhall in Sheffield had no xbox or gamecube games in last week, whereas they've had at least a shelf or 2 full of each before hand.
I reckon they've all been diverted to the new gamestations many racks of preowned in a bid for game to make their brand appear better cos they're mainly stocking new stuff

I don't think you are. The guys in GAME told me all their GC/XBOX stuff had been boxed up and sent to head office to be sold by another company. Best guess at the other company would be GS.

I went to Gloucester today. Didn't pick up any £0.05 BOGOF games (there were a few but nothing worth picking up).

I did however, get a boxed DC with 2 vmus, Shenmue II, Shenmue (both with slipcases), power stone 2 and giga wing for £25.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm

random_dave wrote:

That's possible, the last time I went in the new one they had a considerable sized collection compared to what they had before, I was going to go the gamestation in Rotherham this afternoon but it persisted it down and I'd left my coat at work :?
Splink!

superstarbeejay

Post by superstarbeejay » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Oh, and I treated myself to a copy of Rhapsody which turned up today.

Oh, remembered something else. Edge Hardware special edition 2000 (including cd) £2

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 pm

random_dave wrote: I reckon they've all been diverted to the new gamestations many racks of preowned in a bid for game to make their brand appear better cos they're mainly stocking new stuff

Nope, you're pretty much right. The girlfriend works for GAME, and last wednesday they had to box up all their X box stuff and send it back, same with all other GAMEs. Apparantly X box and GC stuff just isn't wanted anymore. Shame really, as i really wanted to buy back my copy of Race driver 3 and get some more bargains.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm

superstarbeejay wrote:
I went to Gloucester today. Didn't pick up any £0.05 BOGOF games (there were a few but nothing worth picking up).

I did however, get a boxed DC with 2 vmus, Shenmue II, Shenmue (both with slipcases), power stone 2 and giga wing for £25.
Nice. I bet that copy of Power Stone is the one which was on the retro shelf. I tried hiding it behind Paperboy 2 on the mega drive but damn ;)

Anything else good left? The ton of cart-only games they had behind all the bags and stuff had some decent games amongst them, and there were a few other boxed ones i was interested in. Oh, and was the Multimega or the Mega Drive 2 still there? Think the multimega they had was out of my price range but i need a replacement MD pretty soon...