What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

speedlolita

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by speedlolita » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Very nice.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:33 pm

speedlolita wrote:Very nice.
I know you appreciate this kinda censored 8)

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:38 pm

A couple of other nice PS1 stuff, well a couple of demos I haven't seen in a while;

Einhander promo isn't all that rare, but the girls PlayStation thing. I'm curious to load that up.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm

I've located a place that sells DMS4 modchips for PS2 which I plan to install in my PS2..

Think it may all start again soon. :oops: The Trinitron I got recently just makes everything look ridiculously good.

What is that Girl meets PlayStation thing?
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:05 pm

This week I got :-

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Arkanoid DS - Disappointing to say the least. I dont even entertain the touch screen nonsense. More off putting to me is the gap between both screens. A direct join would have been much better - actually implementing the gap causes too many missed balls.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:52 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Arkanoid DS - Disappointing to say the least. I dont even entertain the touch screen nonsense. More off putting to me is the gap between both screens. A direct join would have been much better - actually implementing the gap causes too many missed balls.
Didnt that come with a dial controller to go in the GBA slot?

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Megamixer wrote:Well I forgot Mana Khemia which is also an NIS game but I have that anyway :wink: . It's too bad that you've just started your collection now I guess as I bought Ar Tonelico 2 on the day of release from Play.com and I'm sure it was sub-£20. The first one only got released in Italy I think which is why it's rare. The sequel was published by NIS themselves rather than 505 so it should be easier to get.

Nice RPG pick-ups. I still need Stella Deus as I did pick it up on the cheap once but sold it as there was no manual :roll: . It's an Atlus game isn't it? I'm sure the artwork is reminscent of the Persona games.
Didn't know that the first one was Italy only. I still have a lot of gaps in my knowledge that i need to fill, that's for sure. At least i know where to target my search now.

You are correct. Stella Deus is indeed an Atlus game. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Well, I never though I would buy one.... but I brought a GameGadget from funstock.co.uk, they were going for £25 and I fancied having something to throw around and play emulators on, looks more achivable now with the OpenSource Firmware. Arrived today, really don't know where they got the £80-odd retail price from at launch, the build quality isn't that good...can't use the modded firmware yet, the SD card I had knocking around is too old and is not bootable by the device :roll: .
Dude.....you didn't? If you wanted to waste £25, you could have wiped your arse with the cash, instead.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:04 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Well, I never though I would buy one.... but I brought a GameGadget from funstock.co.uk, they were going for £25 and I fancied having something to throw around and play emulators on, looks more achivable now with the OpenSource Firmware. Arrived today, really don't know where they got the £80-odd retail price from at launch, the build quality isn't that good...can't use the modded firmware yet, the SD card I had knocking around is too old and is not bootable by the device :roll: .
Dude.....you didn't? If you wanted to waste £25, you could have wiped your arse with the cash, instead.
Couple of £££ more would of gotten a PSP, not perfect, but adequate

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Just picked up this morning from GAME, Xenoblade Chronicles, for £14.99 preowned, but good as new.

I'm sure that was a great deal, no?

shakeyournoggin

Post by shakeyournoggin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 am

I picked up...

General Chaos- Mega Drive
Metal Slug 3- Original Xbox
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis- Gamecube

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 am

Few notes, I was 100% positive that Powermove Pro Wrestling was NTSC only, I have the Japanese game it was ported from but i was shocked when i saw this at gametraders, I was dumbfounded, also it was only 9.95, I would of paid a lot more, did some research when i got home and noticed there was some PAL copies on ebay, so I'm dumbfounded again how i got the idea it had no PAL release.

Also, Grind Session is the best Tony Hawk Clone i have ever played, I thought it was going to be rubbish like the other clones of that era such as Thrasher and Street Skater. It did the one thing that those other games got wrong, in that if your going to rip off Tony Hawk at least rip the controls. Plays just as good as THPS.

Finally got Ken's Rage 2 and Sigma 2 for decent prices, both excellent games.

Just some more cheap pickups nothing special, some more things for my basketball game collection, and finally got a copy of Mayhem, which I havent played since i got rid of my PS1 copy years ago.

Also got something I have been after for over a decade but i can't test it until I get some games for it, so hopefully i can post that next weekend.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 am

DPrinny wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Arkanoid DS - Disappointing to say the least. I dont even entertain the touch screen nonsense. More off putting to me is the gap between both screens. A direct join would have been much better - actually implementing the gap causes too many missed balls.
Didnt that come with a dial controller to go in the GBA slot?
I think there is a standalone version as there is no mention on the box - Ive seen Jap packaging with it on though. Not sure it would help though as its just not a good game.

Edify

Post by Edify » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 am

samhain81 wrote:Just picked up this morning from GAME, Xenoblade Chronicles, for £14.99 preowned, but good as new.

I'm sure that was a great deal, no?
Seeing as it's £30-ish on amazon, £38 at CEX and the sky's the limit on ebay, I'd say that's pretty good. I'm after it but my local GAME doesn't even sell Wii games anymore :(

Went down to CEX this morning and picked up RE4, House of the Dead Overkill, Manhunt 2, Madworld and Trauma Center New Blood for about 14 quid. They all looked alright under the soft lighting in the shop but at home the last two look like they've been used as horse shoes. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't play but for the £3.50 I paid for them I wouldn't even bother burning the calories walking down there to return them.