What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tux

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by tux » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Wonderdog is a "keeper" im afraid. I never really used to bother much with my Mega CD but its grown on me of late.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 am

Morkin wrote:Hehe. Are you going to order again? Might be worth the risk. :o
Not sure tbh, sounds incredibly dodgy!
Megamixer wrote:"game cartridge"? How old is that email template or whatever it is that they are using? :lol:

Out of interest, which Blazblue did you order? :) . I bought the Ltd Editions of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift from ebay and I'm sure they were through Zavvi's ebay outlet. No problems there except they were posted in bloody jiffy bags :roll:
I know I thought cartridges died with the GBA!!

It was Continuum shift extend, already got it on the PS3 but I fancied the vita version

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:42 am

Second time I've owned a Vita and this one is for keeps now!

Came with LBP and a months PS+ for free and also got Virtua Tennis 4 for a bargain basement price.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 am

Guardian Heroes on XBLA for under £2.

For that price, why not?

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Rez for the PS2.
I'm not really into shoot em up games, but I couldn't resist this one. It's so damn trippy. :)
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 am

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:Rez for the PS2.
I'm not really into shoot em up games, but I couldn't resist this one. It's so damn trippy. :)
same goes for me, but this is an amazing game (especially when intoxicated :oops: :lol: )

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Game Boy games £1.50 each:
Cool Spot
The Incredible Crash Dummies (AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH I now own a game by LJN!)
Olympic Summer Games
Spy vs Spy

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:48 pm

snesfanboy wrote:
Gibberish Driftwood wrote:Rez for the PS2.
same goes for me, but this is an amazing game (especially when intoxicated :oops: :lol: )
Try getting the special vibrating pad version of the game for your missus to "sit" on.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Had some hits and misses this week, I need to carefully check every auction description when on eBay.

First some sports games, been on a huge kick to buy sports games, mostly the Sony published ones that did not get released here, and also building up my collection of Japanese baseball games. First off, won two NTSC-J baseball games for just under 10 bucks including postage from Japan. MLB 2003 is just a version of the US release with a Japanese Player on the cover and an Intro featuring the Japanese MLB players of the time. Still worth picking up since there was never a PAL release of the game. Necchu! Pro Baseball 2003 is a NAMCO release and it plays similar to the Pro Baseball Spirit games, that came later from Konami.

Picked up two USA release only PS3 sports games from local sellers, upgraded from MLB The Show 2010 (which i love) to the MLB The Show 2011 version, I felt kind of bad upgrading so soon since i just got 2010 a few weeks ago, but I couldn't pass on the price I got it for. NCAA Football 2011, is pretty good. I had a highly contested game of Football, which is more than I can say is possible on Madden 12 (either too easy or too hard). Also picked up NBA 08 for the PS2 (which is a PAL release) and NBA 07 for the PS3. I don't know why i keep expecting anything different from those games, but the CPU is incredibly cheap. I have played sports games where i get my ass kicked and i still have fun, but that series is just impossible to get through a whole game without rage quitting with how cheap the CPU is.

Got some PS1 titles, and wish i had of read the most of them were untested and sold as it, had a few (not in the picture) that did not work. Nothing spectacular there picked them up cheap enough and it came with an official Sony PS1 memory card which i was desperate for so, can't complain when some of those Sony cards can go for $15 each alone. Gran Tursimo 2 is in spectacular condition so that was a plus. Bought Gunfighter by itself from a different seller, and its a pretty cool light gun game, was hoping for realistic sprites like Maximum Force, but its still pretty decent.

Heres a bunch of PS2 games that arrived in different lots this week. Rayman M is pretty good, reminds me of Mad Dash Racing and Running Wild. Ford Off Road and V8 Supercars 2 look magnificent, excellent looking racers for the PS2. Dino Stalkers is a game i have been after for a bit and its alright. Was really surprised with how much i enjoyed playing Turok Evolution, never liked the N64 games, but this one was pretty god of what I played. Shinobi is excellent, great to finally play it, wonder how far I will get before it gets punishingly difficult. Kengo is an excellent game, in the vain of the Bushido Blade series. Played it for quite a bit, got 29 wins in a row before i got stuck on the last swordsman, heaps of fun. Got Medal Of Honor Rising Sun, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, The Sniper 2 and ATV Fury 3 bundled with some of the above games, so not much to say there, they a welcomed to flood my shelves though.

Got some excellent conditioned GBA games, Prince Of Persia, Crash Nitro Kart and Hot Wheels Stunt Racer are all good games in awesome condition, Robots is still sealed which is pretty nice too see. Got some loose GBA games, Scooby Doo, Shamu's Sea World Adventure, Big Game Hunter, Pac Man World 2 and Spyro/Crash pack. My GBA collection is getting huge, and nice to have some boxed games in excellent condition.

Also picked up Wrestlemania 2000 bundled with Revolt for the 64, I never sold or threw out my copy of Wrestlemania 2000 so it must of got lost in a move once, glad to have it back, it actually holds up graphically more than No Mercy, Revolt is a pretty decent racer too.

Heres some randoms. PGR3 for the 360, glad to pick that up again, it was fun to look at my garages after years of trading in the game. Most Wanted 5-1-0 for the PSP, glad to have that, been wanting to pick it up since falling in love with the PS2 version, this one seems more streamlined so that is a major plus. Two Dreamcast games, Virtua Tennis 2 is always ace, and Demolition Racer No Exit is a fun racer that runs at breakneck speeds.

Also this week got a heap of XBOX/PS2 review discs, was fun watching those reviews. Was surprised that there were planned Vectorman and Full throttle sequels planned for the PS2 announced at E3 2002. With thoses DVDs there were some lose Ps2 discs that were untested, the ones that worked were Crash Of The Titans, Mashed and American Chopper.

Had some bad luck with not reading a description well enough, and got some wii games with really badly soiled covers (had to throw them out), But the discs and manuals are perfect. I bought the 3 for Red Ball Challenge which i hardly see on wii for under $50, won it for $12 inc postage bundled with Wii Play and EA Sports Active. Can't be too disappointed, but wish i had of read it more carefully.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:08 pm

imaxeroker85 wrote:Got some PS1 titles, and wish i had of read the most of them were untested and sold as it, had a few (not in the picture) that did not work.
could be worth investing in a decent disc cleaner,i've recently had 4 ps2 disc that wouldn't load until i put them through my cleaner now they all work fine.i've not needed to try it on a ps1 disc as of yet though.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

lepelsteeltje1

Post by lepelsteeltje1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:41 pm

ps1 xD
http://youtu.be/B54mIW3cDio
Scary Stuff But Hilarious Gameplay

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:16 am

been after these for a while now. got them all from the same seller cheap.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
imaxeroker85 wrote:Got some PS1 titles, and wish i had of read the most of them were untested and sold as it, had a few (not in the picture) that did not work.
could be worth investing in a decent disc cleaner,i've recently had 4 ps2 disc that wouldn't load until i put them through my cleaner now they all work fine.i've not needed to try it on a ps1 disc as of yet though.

I keep all my discs i can't return and i want to get round to taking them to the local video shop to get cleaned/resurfaced. I just neevr get around to it, but I always keep them just in case they work. Might be worth getting a cleaner for myself. Thanks for the advice.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:04 pm

I picked up Ghost Recon: Shadow Warfare on 3DS for a paltry £2.98 pre-owned today. Well chuffed with that :)

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Rayne wrote:I picked up Ghost Recon: Shadow Warfare on 3DS for a paltry £2.98 pre-owned today. Well chuffed with that :)

It's a great game :)

This week this arrived in the post

Hard Hat Harry