What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

sscott

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by sscott » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm

tux wrote:Had a very good response from nagging everyone ive ever met that i collect games and some guy at my other halfs work turn up with these boxes!!!!

His misses works with my misses and apparently hes had these in his shed for yonks after helping clear out an old gamestation. He doesnt know anything/has no interest in games and said i may as well have them! Havent gone through them properly and there appears to be alot of Ebay fodder but....
I have found, Snes Zelda, snes super R-type, Mega cd Wonder dog and silpheed(with spine cards) about 8x goldeneyes(n64)

Probably 350ish games for nothing!!!!!
You tight git!
You could have give him something for the effort!

tux

Post by tux » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

sscott wrote:
tux wrote:Had a very good response from nagging everyone ive ever met that i collect games and some guy at my other halfs work turn up with these boxes!!!!

His misses works with my misses and apparently hes had these in his shed for yonks after helping clear out an old gamestation. He doesnt know anything/has no interest in games and said i may as well have them! Havent gone through them properly and there appears to be alot of Ebay fodder but....
I have found, Snes Zelda, snes super R-type, Mega cd Wonder dog and silpheed(with spine cards) about 8x goldeneyes(n64)

Probably 350ish games for nothing!!!!!
You tight git!
You could have give him something for the effort!
:lol:
Dont panic,i am human. I will give him something. I didnt expect it and i didnt even do the "deal". My other half bought it home as a supprise today-ive never met the chap

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:00 pm

^ Fair enough then!
Get him a kinda surprise egg as well!

tux

Post by tux » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 am

sscott wrote:^ Fair enough then!
Get him a kinda surprise egg as well!
:lol:
The chap has just come back from Download festival apparently, i need a suitable apprciation gift for a metal-er. Is a small chocolate egg the done thing in this situation?

yogster

Post by yogster » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

Just got an original Xbox debug. The green unit. Just need to plug it in now to see if anything is on the drive.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 am

Good old Zavvi, not only was the box of the limited edition copy of Blazblue trashed and unsealed but no game was included. It also doesn't help that the website seems to be set up to make it difficult to return an item. After a lot of head scratching I managed to put a return request in!

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:01 am

Finally got myself a Mega Duck with sixteen games (five of which are boxed) - been after one of these for about eight years, so'm VERY happy! It's a Game Boy wannabe in case you don't know, I'll stick some pictures up once I get my camera back.

Also, yesterday Micro Machines V3 arrived through my letterbox - I didn't buy it and it had a note inside saying it's the best one ever, so can only assume it's from someone here - but whom? Massively appreciated, whoever you are! :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

tux

Post by tux » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am

Started trawling through the free games i got the other night and turned up these for the Mega CD. Ill never be short of a copy of Jag xj220...thank god for that. :|

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:41 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Good old Zavvi, not only was the box of the limited edition copy of Blazblue trashed and unsealed but no game was included. It also doesn't help that the website seems to be set up to make it difficult to return an item. After a lot of head scratching I managed to put a return request in!
Unsealed with no game? Wtf? :?

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 am

Morkin wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Good old Zavvi, not only was the box of the limited edition copy of Blazblue trashed and unsealed but no game was included. It also doesn't help that the website seems to be set up to make it difficult to return an item. After a lot of head scratching I managed to put a return request in!
Yep it was crazy, all the trashed limited edtion extras were in the outer box but there was no game case or card. The cellophane wrapping was still attached to the box but it had obviously been opened at the top. All this happened before the game was put in the transit envelope because that was still sealed. Very strange.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am

I picked up in Tesco

1) Fifa 13 PS3 £20
2) Family Guy Back to the Multiverse PS3 £10

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
Morkin wrote:
Yep it was crazy, all the trashed limited edtion extras were in the outer box but there was no game case or card. The cellophane wrapping was still attached to the box but it had obviously been opened at the top. All this happened before the game was put in the transit envelope because that was still sealed. Very strange.
Ha ha this gets even more stupid!

"Hi Geoff Johnson

Thank you for shopping with us and for the recent order you placed, order number XXXXXXXX

Unfortunately we have received defective stock on the game you have ordered.

As a result you may not have received the game cartridge in the box that was delivered to you.

We will be processing a full refund for you. There is no need to return your order.

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and fully understand that this may be frustrating.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We are expecting replacement stock within the next 2 weeks if you wish to reorder.

We appreciate your custom and hope to see you visiting us again soon.

Kind Regards,
zavvi.com Customer service team"

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Hehe. Are you going to order again? Might be worth the risk. :o

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:42 pm

"game cartridge"? How old is that email template or whatever it is that they are using? :lol:

Out of interest, which Blazblue did you order? :) . I bought the Ltd Editions of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift from ebay and I'm sure they were through Zavvi's ebay outlet. No problems there except they were posted in bloody jiffy bags :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

tux wrote:Started trawling through the free games i got the other night and turned up these for the Mega CD. Ill never be short of a copy of Jag xj220...thank god for that. :|

You definitely dont need that Wonderdog... :wink:

One of those games that ive wanted since I first saw the Multimega in SegaPro magazine.

I know its not meant to be much good but each to their own etc.