What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

stayAwhile

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 am

decided to try killzone 2 was only £3 but mostly being buying classic dr whos

the Aztecs(bill hartnell) the invaders(pat troughton) inferno(Jon pertwee) ark in space(tom baker) shada(tom baker) the visitation(peter Davidson) five doctors (peter Davidson era) remembrance of the daleks(Sylvester McCoy)
This guy are sick

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:37 am

Been kinda after the Wario game for a while, but dont really like buying stuff online

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:43 am

So yesterday won an ebay auction for a few Gameboy Games, Went for just over £4 plus postage. Pretty much only bid on it for the cart only MGS that wa sin the bundle.

Decdied to have a sort of non buying week this week and already destroyed any hopes for that by picking up Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Ys: The Ark of Napishtim both on PSP and both from CEX for £6 each

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 am

commanderkaiser wrote:So yesterday won an ebay auction for a few Gameboy Games, Went for just over £4 plus postage. Pretty much only bid on it for the cart only MGS that wa sin the bundle.
Good buy, Metal Gear Solid/MGS Ghost Babel is a quality game and for £4 massive bargain. I've seen the carts only on eBay for £10 - £15 (Buy it Now mind). Lovely little game.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 am

£25 for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3 seemed a bit steep for me so i traded in a couple of recent purchases and some DVD's for a credit note and tried really hard to find anything to buy for my 9 year old.

Ended up buying Street Fighter x Tekken for me and Sonic All stars Racing transformed. Either CEX doesnt stock much for the younger audience , or the PS3 generally doesnt have much of a range. Either that or I'm supposed to sit him down with Saints Rows, Borderlands or HOTD overkill and let him loose.

Xtincthed

Post by Xtincthed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 pm

My pick up video with all the stuff I got at the retro gaming convention in Eindhoven and trust me when I say there are some rare games in there!

https://www.facebook.com/drretromd/post ... 9119866245
Dr. Retro's Video Game Channel
Website - Youtube - Facebook - Twitter
Playstation Collecting Community

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:21 pm

shiftytigger wrote:£25 for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3 seemed a bit steep for me so i traded in a couple of recent purchases and some DVD's for a credit note and tried really hard to find anything to buy for my 9 year old.

Ended up buying Street Fighter x Tekken for me and Sonic All stars Racing transformed. Either CEX doesnt stock much for the younger audience , or the PS3 generally doesnt have much of a range. Either that or I'm supposed to sit him down with Saints Rows, Borderlands or HOTD overkill and let him loose.
The LittleBigPlanet games would be an idea. Both my kids loved those to bits.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

The first LBP has been on all day yesterday. Quite good fun though my boy does need a few pointers on teamwork. Downloaded Double Dragon Neon demo for myself (to see if they were suitable for him )which seems ok along with Injustice. Other than Madagascar Karts which I cant be doing with that there doesnt seem much else.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 pm

shiftytigger wrote:The first LBP has been on all day yesterday. Quite good fun though my boy does need a few pointers on teamwork. Downloaded Double Dragon Neon demo for myself (to see if they were suitable for him )which seems ok along with Injustice. Other than Madagascar Karts which I cant be doing with that there doesnt seem much else.
Id look out for

Ratchet & Clank games
LBP Karting
UDRAW Marvel Super Hero Squad - the tablet can be picked up for about 7quid and Marvel was a fiver when i bought it from HMV.
Lego games
Toy Story 3 - REALLY GOOD!
Sonic Generations
Modnation Racers
Katamari Forever

all suitable for littl'uns and mostly half decent for adults too.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:04 am

Some purchases over the last few weeks & my Game & Watch from the Nintendo Stars Catalogue.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:06 am

another good day for me
all for ps2 complete in good condition £1 each:
black
jak 2
MOH rising sun
ironstorm world war zero

star buy though is a black gamecube in box with manual,2 pads and all leads.the pads seem to be in very good condition,the console has a couple of scratches on the handle but otherwise looks good.
i've tested it with luigi's mansion and everything runs perfectly,i was hoping it would have the digital lead with it but that would have been luckier than i deserve.it cost £20.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Provvidenza

Post by Provvidenza » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

14" Sony Trinitron CRT
Xbox 360 Akai Katana PAL
Xbox 360 Deathsmiles Deluxe Edition PAL
Xbox 360 Dodonpachi Resurrection Deluxe Edition PAL
Xbox 360 Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition PAL
PS2 Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1 PAL
PS1 Raystorm NTSC-J
Sega Saturn Shienryu NTSC-J
GB COLOR, GBA SP, MD PAL, SF NTSC-J, SNES PAL, PS1 MOD, PSone PAL, SATURN NTSC-J, SATURN PAL, N64 NTSC-J, N64 PAL, DREAMCAST PAL, PS2 MOD, GAMECUBE NTSC-J, GAMECUBE PAL, Wii PAL, XBOX 360E PAL.

tux

Post by tux » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Had a very good response from nagging everyone ive ever met that i collect games and some guy at my other halfs work turn up with these boxes!!!!

His misses works with my misses and apparently hes had these in his shed for yonks after helping clear out an old gamestation. He doesnt know anything/has no interest in games and said i may as well have them! Havent gone through them properly and there appears to be alot of Ebay fodder but....
I have found, Snes Zelda, snes super R-type, Mega cd Wonder dog and silpheed(with spine cards) about 8x goldeneyes(n64)

Probably 350ish games for nothing!!!!!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:36 pm

^ Wowzers. Someone just hit the jackpot! Did you by chance sell your soul to the devil?
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:21 pm

I love it when work colleagues discover you collect retro - several bundles have come my way because of it! In fact I make a point of telling any new staff and there's been a poster on the wall for years now asking if anyone wants to sell any ;) Great haul by the way!

Very busy day today. PS4 pre-order, along with some games and Watch Dogs Wii U, upgrade to my phone contract so a new Iphone 5 and some itunes vouchers to get some lovely new games, and then tonight I wandered into tescos ridiculous sale. So Max Payne 3 for a fiver, a Wii motion plus remote (and motion play game) for a tenner, Family guy game for a tenner. Passed on the rest but there was some good stuff there; Starfox 3ds and Street Fighter 3ds for a tenner, Skyward Sword for a tenner, Fall of cybertron, DS professor Laytons...all for a tenner. Not bad seeing as I only went in to get some hayfever tablets!

EDIT: And most importantly of all, thanks to the very generous KW, Napple tale and Border down on the DC. That was quite nice too :D