What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

dste

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by dste » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:48 pm

^^I've seen the final boss but don't think I'm anywhere close to defeating him. Haven't played for a good while now as got fed up trying to kill him.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Megamixer wrote:^^^ I gave up and sold the game. It was excellent but the required grinding was just boring. I left it alone for a while and had no desire to go back to the game so it went on ebay. Well done for even seeing the final boss :)
dste wrote:^^I've seen the final boss but don't think I'm anywhere close to defeating him. Haven't played for a good while now as got fed up trying to kill him.
^^^^ And I gave up at the same point as you guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically I didn't have a decent healer in my team by the time I got to him, and my only option (pretty much) is to go and change one (or more) of my character's job classes and grind him up all the way from level 1 to learn enough decent spells to keep my team alive. Sod that.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:19 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
Megamixer wrote:^^^ I gave up and sold the game. It was excellent but the required grinding was just boring. I left it alone for a while and had no desire to go back to the game so it went on ebay. Well done for even seeing the final boss :)
dste wrote:^^I've seen the final boss but don't think I'm anywhere close to defeating him. Haven't played for a good while now as got fed up trying to kill him.
^^^^ And I gave up at the same point as you guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically I didn't have a decent healer in my team by the time I got to him, and my only option (pretty much) is to go and change one (or more) of my character's job classes and grind him up all the way from level 1 to learn enough decent spells to keep my team alive. Sod that.
With my track record on RPG's I can safely say I won't get past the first town. Ah well! :lol: :lol:

I bought Go Go Cosmo Corps on DS for £1.50. No idea what it is but it had cool manga characters on the front :oops:

I also bought Super Pokemon Rumble on 3DS complete for £7.50. Reportedly a rubbish title but I love pokemon so figured I'd give it a go :)

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Shinobi wrote:Some of the pictures from my lastest purchases

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Remember Me. I was really looking forward to this before i read the fairly average reviews.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 am

After about 4 years of seeing it on the shelves of CeX with that same £18 price sticker on it, they FINALLY trimmed £6 off Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Xbox). I wasn't going to miss that!

Oh, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the 360.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

Just Skyrim Legendary Edition for me on PS3.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 am

My recent pick ups from town today - very happy!

tux

Post by tux » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 am

John Deere Harvest in the Hearltand for the DS. My other half bought it for me as a "joke", she found it for a couple of quid at a car boot- and with me being a fully grown 31yr old beared actual farmer she thought it was ammusing.

Was this game even avalible in the UK?

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 am

Traded in a pile of dvds and got Lego LOTR & Arcade live disc release of Trials HS/Limbo/Spolsion Man, plus a copy of Django unchained.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 am

tux wrote:John Deere Harvest in the Hearltand for the DS. My other half bought it for me as a "joke", she found it for a couple of quid at a car boot- and with me being a fully grown 31yr old beared actual farmer she thought it was ammusing.

I've never heard of it, but checking ebay it appears to be US only. Looking at Metacritic the reviews are pretty poor, especially IGN's...

Even if John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland worked perfectly, it would be an uninspired, unattractive game that beats the player over the head with its sponsor. Harvest Moon finally branched out their series, and Harvest in the Heartland is just one big step backwards. However, the game's engine is so poor that is makes John Deere too frustrating and slow to even bother with. Go plant some tomatoes in your garden. Not only will it be more fulfilling, it will probably take less time too.

Having read that however, I'd still be interested! :o Was your copy boxed with manual btw?

tux

Post by tux » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am

Morkin wrote:
tux wrote:John Deere Harvest in the Hearltand for the DS. My other half bought it for me as a "joke", she found it for a couple of quid at a car boot- and with me being a fully grown 31yr old beared actual farmer she thought it was ammusing.

I've never heard of it, but checking ebay it appears to be US only. Looking at Metacritic the reviews are pretty poor, especially IGN's...

Even if John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland worked perfectly, it would be an uninspired, unattractive game that beats the player over the head with its sponsor. Harvest Moon finally branched out their series, and Harvest in the Heartland is just one big step backwards. However, the game's engine is so poor that is makes John Deere too frustrating and slow to even bother with. Go plant some tomatoes in your garden. Not only will it be more fulfilling, it will probably take less time too.

Having read that however, I'd still be interested! :o Was your copy boxed with manual btw?
:lol:

Yeah, its complete.
I had a quick blast on it, just to prove to mrs Tux that i apprciated the "joke". Its certainly not the greatest game of all time, in fact its appaling , but its kinda so naff its cool.
Maybe.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Sold! :lol: $19-$30 for cart only, not including shipping? Not sold! :lol:

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:41 pm

all for ps2:
burnout
wipeout fusion
time crisis 3
all complete and in excellent condition £1 each

it looks like the time crisis should have come with a gun con because it says not to be sold separate where the bar code should be.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Fez - It's brilliant. I love it. Its just fun, and weirdly emotional too. But it's the former that makes it a joy to play. Incredible.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Picked up a GameBoy Colour for the wife on the way home from work. £20.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb