What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

AceGrace
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by AceGrace » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 am

Some Imagine games on the speccy arrived

1) Ah Diddums
2) Arcadia
3)Jumping Jack
4) Pedro
5) Stonkers (is it?)
6) B.C.Bill
7) Molar Maul
8) Zzoom
9)Schizoids
10) Alchemist
12) Cosmic Cruiser
13) Alchemist (Gold cassette)
14) Zip Zap

Phew!

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Morkin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Rayne wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't but I couldn't resist the lure of a new Animal Crossing, so I've just bought:

Fire Emblem 3DS XL - £160 new from GAME
Shinobi - £5 new from GAME
Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns - £15 new from GAME
Donkey Kong Country Returns - £26 from Shopto
Animal Crossing pre-order - £26 (BARGAIN) from Shopto


I'm also hoping that with Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing & Donkey Kong I'll be able to redeem that online offer and get a free copy of Luigi's Mansion...hopefully!
Nice! That'll keep you busy on your flight to Canada! :D Do you think you'll buy a US 3DS as well?

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Rayne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Morkin wrote:
Rayne wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't but I couldn't resist the lure of a new Animal Crossing, so I've just bought:

Fire Emblem 3DS XL - £160 new from GAME
Shinobi - £5 new from GAME
Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns - £15 new from GAME
Donkey Kong Country Returns - £26 from Shopto
Animal Crossing pre-order - £26 (BARGAIN) from Shopto


I'm also hoping that with Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing & Donkey Kong I'll be able to redeem that online offer and get a free copy of Luigi's Mansion...hopefully!
Nice! That'll keep you busy on your flight to Canada! :D Do you think you'll buy a US 3DS as well?
That, combined with my Vita will keep me very busy indeed! :D

I'll stick with my PAL 3DS, I can get friends to ship copies of PAL titles over to me in Canada - it'll probably be more expensive so I'll take a solid handful BEFORE I leave! :) any recommendations?
Image

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3569
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Latest haul, P4 Arena and Cleopatra Fortune courtesy of Shinobi.

Image
Image

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 am

Rayne wrote: I'll stick with my PAL 3DS, I can get friends to ship copies of PAL titles over to me in Canada - it'll probably be more expensive so I'll take a solid handful BEFORE I leave! :) any recommendations?
Id recommend Bit.Trip Saga. Has a number of games on there that are great for quick blasts and it can be picked up real cheap now. Kid Icarus is pretty good too. Other than that Ive barely played anything on my 3DS. Everything worth buying sits around the £30 mark and its rare i buy anything for that now.

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Morkin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:00 am

Rayne wrote:
I'll stick with my PAL 3DS, I can get friends to ship copies of PAL titles over to me in Canada - it'll probably be more expensive so I'll take a solid handful BEFORE I leave! :) any recommendations?
Hhm. The only games that I've played to completion & enjoyed are: Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton, Super Mario 3D Land & Pilotwings Resort. There are certainly plenty of cheap titles around that you could grab such as Ghost Recon Shadow Wars & Shifting World.

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 am

tux wrote:X2 no relief ps1 shooter.
Image

99P off Ebay plus was only charged £1.20 postage. By the looks of it, it cost £2.60 for the seller to send it, poor chap! :?
It's still graphically impressive for a PS1 game, just a shame it's bone-crushingly difficult to the point of frustration. Good pick up and a PAL exclusive I think.

User avatar
ShadowNeku
Posts: 2135
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 am

^ It looks nice but the game itself is far from good. It's enormously difficult from the second level onwards. I doubt anyone completed it without cheat codes.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

tux
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by tux » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:17 am

I couldnt even get my copy to turn on...... it was that hard(a few post back i broke the news my X2 was broken on closer inspection, the disc had snapped :lol: :( )

User avatar
Provvidenza
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Provvidenza » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:It's still graphically impressive for a PS1 game, just a shame it's bone-crushingly difficult to the point of frustration. Good pick up and a PAL exclusive I think.
There is a NTSC-J "X2 No Relief" but its quite pricey.
GB COLOR, GBA SP, MD PAL, SF NTSC-J, SNES PAL, PS1 MOD, PSone PAL, SATURN NTSC-J, SATURN PAL, N64 NTSC-J, N64 PAL, DREAMCAST PAL, PS2 MOD, GAMECUBE NTSC-J, GAMECUBE PAL, Wii PAL, XBOX 360E PAL.

User avatar
nakamura
Posts: 7582
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nakamura » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

X2 highlighted how rubbish Team 17 actually were at making games.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by dste » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:53 pm

On the recommendation of MegaMixer I picked up Big Bang Mini today for the DS.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Morkin
Posts: 2679
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Morkin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 am

A couple of cheapies that arrived over the last few weeks. Looking forward to playing both of them.

Image

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:04 am

Provvidenza wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:It's still graphically impressive for a PS1 game, just a shame it's bone-crushingly difficult to the point of frustration. Good pick up and a PAL exclusive I think.
There is a NTSC-J "X2 No Relief" but its quite pricey.
Ahh cool I didn't know that, definitely won't be forking out for that one!

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9627
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:46 am

Morkin wrote:A couple of cheapies that arrived over the last few weeks. Looking forward to playing both of them.

Image

Hey, ribbit king is mental. I love it. How can you go wrong mixing golf and frogs? :D
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests