What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gmintyfresh

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 am

Arrived yesterday the lovely Vampire (Darkstalkers) Resurrection.

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 am

Comix Zone on the MD for a fiver. Loose, but that was still an okay price I thought. Ill cobble a case together for it anyway.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Megamixer wrote:
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Got Battlefront 2 for XBox for £1 from the chazza and Breath of Fire 3 and 4 for the Playstation for a tenner the pair. EBay fodder.
Battlefront 2 is worth quite a bit on ebay isn't it? I have to admit that I always check for copies when I see original Xbox games :lol: . It's one that I used to pass by but now that I actively check, I only ever seem to spot the original Battlefront :)
Is this rare sells for a bit? I've seen it a few time in the Charity Shops and always left it thinking its a Chavvy Call of Duty game, I've turned down a fwCOD 2 for £2.99 as I'd never play them and didn't think they where worth anything!! If there still there Monday will pick them up
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Battlefront 2 as in Star Wars Battlefront 2
Going Solo...................

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Alien Breed trilogy for xbox, 7.50 on an online one dayer. Thought it'd be a good retro style blaster :)

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 am

After reading the Ridge Racer thread, I had to buy this game.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 am

Megamixer wrote:Got a couple of artbooks this morning: the Fire Emblem Awakening one was first and it's good but I was disappointed at how thin it was and the fact that it doesn't even include all of the characters. It's nice enough though.

Then I got the Yusuke Kozaki Illustrations book. He's the guy who did the character art for the No More Heroes games so it's got some stuff from the first game as well as other work of his. I like :)
Artbooks. I like it. I'm still waiting for the Silent Hill one to be released...C'mon damn yous, release a nice deluxe SH artbook! :)

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sat May 11, 2013 8:02 am

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate for the Wii U. I've not played it yet though, the thought of having to tolerate that controller pains me. I may end up selling it even though I've just bought a game for it. I really do want to like it (cost me £300 plus with a game!) but it's just a terrible idea.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Sat May 11, 2013 10:57 am

Went into a charity shop and spoke to a guy in there that I had previously asked to keep old systems and games for me and came out with.

N64 console with all leads and two controllers (one is a bit knackered)
Gamecube console with leads but no controllers but did have two receivers for the wavebird controllers in the front ( no wavebirds though) :(
Out of this world and stunt race fx for the snes (both NTSC) cart only.
Streets of rage 3, mickeys world of illusion, street fighter champion edition for megadrive cart only.
Dungeons and dragons, micro machines turbo 96, sonic 2 all complete in box except d&g had no instructions for megadrive.
Sega Saturn rf lead.
Two megadrive psu's and two megadrive official six button joypads.

£16 the lot, also he took my number and said he would text me when he gets more stuff in and I can have 1st dibs, I'll post a pic later when I get time :D :D
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:09 am

5 new n64 games this week. Rayman 2, Top Gear Rally, F1, 1080 (finally) and Wiepout 64.

Bought Alien 3 off a seller, and he offered me his other games for quite a good deal, so that's how I ended up with Techno Clash, man Overboard and Jewel Master. Alien 3 is excellent of course, the others are decent, Jewel Master being the top pick out of those 3.

Finally got around to purchasing a Master System II, Brings back great memories. Came with the two Sonic games and Double Dragon, and then I picked up favorites from my childhood Batman Returns The Ninja and Shinobi. Shinobi and Batman Returns are excellent, The Ninja is a bit rubbish, but i remembered that. Both Sonic games are pretty good, much different than the MD versions, and Double Dragon is a horrible port.

Some random Playstation Imports I've picked up. Psychic Force is excellent, Pro Baseball Spirits 5 for the ps2 is an excellent baseball sim, looks beautiful, almost as impressive as a ps3 game. Plays excellent too, I was having fun with it, even whilst getting thrashed by the CPU. Rest are average to horrible. Onimusha is Onimusha, so no big deal then. Dragon Ball z is a standard DBZ game. Kessen III is not my kind of game, Love Smash is horrible, pure garbage. 3D Baseball is impressive for a PSX game. Haven't given much attention to Macross Vf-X and DamDam Stompland other than testing them out.

A few cheap handheld games I have found. Namco Museum Battle Collection was a letdown, I know it isn't possible but after playing the arrangements on XBLA the ones on this disc don't hold up. WWE SD vs Raw 2010 and Modern Warfare are what I expect in a handheld port nothing special. Not going to even acknowledge the other game there.

3 cheap games I got for the Dreamcast from the UK, Soul Fighter has got its fair share of hate, but I enjoyed it, like other games on the system it's limited but feels just like playing an Arcade game from 99. The controls aren't perfect, but i enjoyed it and will go back to it. Virtua Strikers 2000 V.2 is a hard ass game, I was on Easy mode and could not get the ball anywhere near the goal square, just got thrashed. 4x4 Thunder is a standard Midway racer of that era.

Mario Galaxy bored me and Deadly Creatures is Excellent, will give both more time obviously, I know SMG has to get better. Dirt 2 is excellent and picked it up for $5 at Cash Converters.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am

dirt 2 is excellent indeed
best colin mcrae game since o4
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat May 11, 2013 1:23 pm

ImageImage

Gunhound is bloody brilliant, having a lot of fun with it though the stages so far are a bit short.

As for K-On, I got it in as I'm now making an effort to collect rhythm games on my Sony systems. It's all a bit...meh. Not as good as the Project Diva games by a long shot.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 pm

check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun May 12, 2013 4:19 am

Got home from work Friday to find my missus had bought Persona 4 Arena for me :D
KOF 94 Re-bout turned up in the post the same day. So many fighting games!

Dreddonarrival

Post by Dreddonarrival » Sun May 12, 2013 11:36 am

A few months back I literally rescued a working Commodore 128 and Amstrad CPC as well as a ton of games from the skip they were headed from a mate at work! :shock:

Needless to say, many hours of Ghostbusters and 3D Starstrike have ensued! :D