What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DreamcastRIP

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 am

nokgod wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Great find, nokgod. :D

Loving the message on screen :lol: and cool that an Ultimate Play The Game title was among the included games.
Thanks :) As it happens, Atic Atac was one of my favourite Ultimate games (Jetpac has to take No.1 slot) but unfortunately i can't play any of the games as it didn't have the cassette cable and i don't have one spare. (My other Speccy is a +2) I tested the sound and the speaker works fine.

All in all, very pleased indeed. Especially as the whole package came to the grand total of ........£5 :shock: :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D Bargain! :D :D :D :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm

The Missus got me another DS for my birthday (as I'd sold my phatboy DS a couple of years ago), which came with Scooby Doo, Brain Training, Maths Training, Animal Crossing (never played the Animal Crossing games, so can't wait to try it), Theme Park, some Tamagotchi game, Super Monkey Ball Touch 'n' Roll and....erm....Cooking Mama. Played a bit of Theme Park this morning, and it plays ok. Cooking Mama isn't even being touched :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 pm

The Laird wrote:My latest Wii pick-ups!

All this cost me just £19! 8)

Beware the Freeloader!!! Unless of course you have old firmware, otherwise you may not want to pop that in your wii :wink:

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:37 am

Here are some hand lheld pickups that i have got off ebay in the last week:

Just got Nanostray today and it is awesome, really gorgeous graphics on the DS.

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 am

My partner has many many more games and consoles than me, its untrue (photos son). We bought Dead Island:Riptide this week and i got Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) last week.

just got on Mame for Android: Gauntlet and Galaga 88
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 am

PS3

Injustice
Deadly Premonition Directors Cut.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 am

More Japanese PS2 games. cant get enough of my fighters at the moment. Pics in relevant thread :D

there are still quite a few im after.....

Shin Gouketuji Ichizoku (Power Instinct?) - looks like a decent 2D fighter although the price is always above £30-£40 :(

Melty Blood Actress Again - i own the first game although this is another that always sits at a high price

wouldnt mind a few other anime based games. FullMetal Alchemist Dream Carnival looks like a fun Smash Bros clone and would mind Soul Eater Battle Resonance
as i loved the anime

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

true crimes streets of la - ps2 complete - £2
the bards tale - xbox complete - £2
joytech ps2 multitap - £1
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

tux

Post by tux » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Ps1 plus a massive arcade (official?!) fighting stick. Plus 20 games.
The catch...
Almost nothing in the title, almost zero description, no pictures of the games, none of the games listed. A shade under 40quid, posted.
Could be great, could be utter tripe.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 pm

i got tomb raider legend on original xbox from Game for 12p today

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 pm

just ordered this t shirt too :-) (£10.50 delivered but only until midnight tonight from qwertee.com)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm

I picked up Colin Mcrae Dirt 2, 3 and Showdown for a grand total of £10 off of Steam. I'd been waiting to get one of them cheap so this seemed like a decent bargain. I really enjoyed the first Dirt game on the PC so I'm looking forward at giving these a try.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I picked up Colin Mcrae Dirt 2, 3 and Showdown for a grand total of £10 off of Steam. I'd been waiting to get one of them cheap so this seemed like a decent bargain. I really enjoyed the first Dirt game on the PC so I'm looking forward at giving these a try.
I picked up and are currently downloading Colin McRae DiRT 2 for £3.39 from Steamworks too as part of the same promotion. I've read that it's more about racing than DiRT 3 with it's gymkhana nonsense and that many gamers prefer it. That was me sold on the game. (I already own DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown so didn't buy the bundle)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Dirt 3 tried to go back to the rallying roots (the pure rallying on Dirt 3 is better than the rallying on Dirt 2), but overall Dirt 2 is the better game. Still a lot of 'flash' and not enough rainy sunday afternoon rallying in the welsh hills, but it's great fun.

I shall be buying the steam bundle tonight too, got them all (and completed them all) on 360, but i'm starting to get cheap PC games so that when I get a new PC later in the year I'll have a ton of stuff ready to roll with. (they will just about run on my PC now though to be fair)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Space_turnip wrote:i'm starting to get cheap PC games so that when I get a new PC later in the year I'll have a ton of stuff ready to roll with. (they will just about run on my PC now though to be fair)
I've done that too, i.e. buying a few games on PC that I already own on PS3 when they're on sale at super cheap prices. The difference in quality is generally quite staggering.