What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

tekaotaku

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

BHF finds...

UBIK - PS1 - Mint condition, £1

Starwars Jedi Power Battles - PS1 - Mint £1

meh...slow the past few weeks
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:14 pm

shiftytigger wrote:
Let me know if the Pinball is any good - ive been avoiding the price but if the game is worth it I'll relent - if its better than Pinball Dreams / Fantasies.

Picked up a hell of a lot in the game sale but missed some pretty basic stuff. Ah well , I can go to our local Cex and pay 4 or 5 times the 'sale' prices :evil:
Just been giving it a runout for half an hour. My first impressions of it are that the tables are very accurate (at least to the two i've played for real) and ball physics are spot on. Controls are a cinch, shoulder buttons for flippers, analogue stick for plunger and tilting. Works well. I can't decide which of the 5 views i like the most, but i haven't yet tried the option to play with the screen in vertical mode.... i can see me losing a lot of time with it, tbh :D I'd say its worth the money.....but then i'm notoriously biased towards video pinball games in general :wink: It's one of those games that'll be tricky to find later on down the line too, i reckon.

I can't compare it to Pinball Dreams/ Fantasies...i haven't played it (them) on the PSP.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm

I got PD/PF from the PSN about 2 years ago , a bargain at £2.00 I think. Not sure if theyre still on there - under the mini's. Worth investing if you liked them years ago.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:38 pm

nokgod wrote:Few nice bits there Dan. XGRA in particular is a tricky little game to find. Is Last Window any good? There's been a copy in our local Crack Convertors for weeks. I keep picking it up and putting it down. :lol:
It's very good. Doesn't have quite the replay value of Hotel Dusk but I thought it had a better story overall and quite a satisfying feel good ending. A couple of nasty puzzles towards the end though, I think I worked one of them out more by accident than actually understanding it properly. :lol: The 'music box' puzzle in particular is a right pain in the backside even when you know what to do....
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Decided 'bugger it, I've worked hard this week' and have gone and ordered Skyward Sword (for a second chance!) and Super Pokemon Rumble for £29 (after ShopTo discounts). Also - hopefully! - have the original MySims Wii on the way, after I spotted a seller on Amazon who had it up for £0.01 (plus £2.03 postage).

I've also just got Meteos from Guybrush (in a trade for Starfox Command0, and will likely head into town tomorrow and see what GAME have left.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:43 pm

shiftytigger wrote:I got PD/PF from the PSN about 2 years ago , a bargain at £2.00 I think. Not sure if theyre still on there - under the mini's. Worth investing if you liked them years ago.

I've still got my SNES versions :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 am

Just this today new, sealed from charity shop for £1
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:00 am

nokgod wrote:
dste wrote:Some cheap buys and trades from the past month odd.

Few nice bits there Dan. XGRA in particular is a tricky little game to find. Is Last Window any good? There's been a copy in our local Crack Convertors for weeks. I keep picking it up and putting it down. :lol:

If you like Hotel Dusk then Last Window is a must. Both games are absolute must-haves on the DS, at least if you can stand adventure games.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:02 am

jcdentont1000 wrote:Just this today new, sealed from charity shop for £1
Nice. If you didn't know it came free with official nintendo magazine. I remember that CD well.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 am

speedlolita wrote:
jcdentont1000 wrote:Just this today new, sealed from charity shop for £1
Nice. If you didn't know it came free with official nintendo magazine. I remember that CD well.
It's great, immediately unsealed and listened to it. Lovely CD! It does say on the back it's from ONM (back when they used to give away good gifts) but I wasn't a reader then, so it has worked out great :lol: incidentally it is branded Nintendo Soundtrack Series.. were there others?!
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm

hydr0x wrote:
nokgod wrote:
dste wrote:Some cheap buys and trades from the past month odd.

Few nice bits there Dan. XGRA in particular is a tricky little game to find. Is Last Window any good? There's been a copy in our local Crack Convertors for weeks. I keep picking it up and putting it down. :lol:

If you like Hotel Dusk then Last Window is a must. Both games are absolute must-haves on the DS, at least if you can stand adventure games.
I shall keep my eyes peeled for them then, because they sound right up my street! :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Got a few decent but cheap games in the fire sale

PSP Tomb Raider Underworld, Tomb Raider Anniveresy and Gitaroo Man all £1.98 each
Wii Metroid Other M £4.98
Wii Shadows Tale £20 should have picked it up for £5 it wasn't until Black Ridge told me how much it goes for on Ebay looks a good game
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Bought a few things this last week, including a PS Vita (Wi-Fi). Hopefully collecting it from the depot tomorrow, so looking forward to trying that out.

Game purchases:

Army Corps of Hell (Vita)
Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3)
Boom Street (Wii)
Scaler (PS2)

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

jcdentont1000 wrote:It's great, immediately unsealed and listened to it. Lovely CD! It does say on the back it's from ONM (back when they used to give away good gifts) but I wasn't a reader then, so it has worked out great :lol: incidentally it is branded Nintendo Soundtrack Series.. were there others?!
Just 2 others that I'm aware of (that I have) that were also free gifts with ONM, one's The Legend Of Zelda: Minuets Of Time which has got tracks ranging from the original game up to Wind Waker on it, and also Donkey Konga: The Hottest Hits which has got the Nintendo-themed tracks from the original Donkey Konga on it (as well as the DK Rap :evil: but you have to take the rough with the smooth :lol: ).
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!