What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Treguard

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Treguard » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:21 am

My special edition Kid Icarus: Uprising turned up Thursday from Zavvi. Going to have a mess about with the AR cards later.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:52 am

kiwimike wrote:I'm off to FINALLY buy into the current gen! Excited...but been googling PS3 vs 360 for a week and given myself a headache... :lol:
Just get a 360, unless you want a BluRay player as well. I've got both, they're both great, but for a pure games machine, the 360 is cheaper, less hassle (and has the better controller, for most games). Just buy a more recent version, anything from 2009 upwards should be fine. And if you're gonna pump loads of time into a certain game, install it into the HDD, makes a big difference in terms of noise (plus is apparently better to save on RROD problems due to less wear n' tear).

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 am

JazzFunk wrote:
kiwimike wrote:I'm off to FINALLY buy into the current gen! Excited...but been googling PS3 vs 360 for a week and given myself a headache... :lol:
Just get a 360, unless you want a BluRay player as well. I've got both, they're both great, but for a pure games machine, the 360 is cheaper, less hassle (and has the better controller, for most games). Just buy a more recent version, anything from 2009 upwards should be fine. And if you're gonna pump loads of time into a certain game, install it into the HDD, makes a big difference in terms of noise (plus is apparently better to save on RROD problems due to less wear n' tear).
If anything I'd say the 360 was more hassle! What with the rubbish interface and constant subscription management.

PS3 also has like three times the amount of exclusives so it's definitely got the better games catalogue

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:24 am

^I would disagree but then it would spark another eternal debate, one which would be fruitless pursuing! Let's just agree on...both are great. Get both. And a Wii, too. ;)

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 am

Rayne wrote:If anything I'd say the 360 was more hassle! What with the rubbish interface and constant subscription management.
I wouldn't consider once a year (or more) to be constant.

Also, what's up with the interface? I don't have any issues with it.
Rayne wrote:PS3 also has like three times the amount of exclusives so it's definitely got the better games catalogue
Dunno about that.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 am

JazzFunk wrote:
Yep, that's what I did, for much of the reasons you said. I don't want a Blu ray player, and the machine was soley going to be for games. Ultimately I went 360 250g slimline because it was cheaper for that with three games thrown in (Mass Effect 3, Fable 3, Halo Reach) than a PS3 on it's own. I also noticed there were far more 'dump bin' and second hand games kicking around for 360, and that will be better for me. I also got an extended warranty for 3 years on it, the shop really looked after me!
Grabbed GTA 4 and Ridge Racer 6 from another store second hand as well. Not a huge racer fan but like a quick blat now n again, and RR6 was only $5 (about two pounds fifty in your language)!
I'm stoked...could be a late night... :wink:

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 am

Daxter
Racket and klank size matters
Snooker
Tomb raider legend
Ridge racer
Driver 76
Wipeout pure

All for psp and change from a tenner at game and gamestation.

Chuffed with that lot.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 am

Just two in today. It's getting less! :D

Got a boatload going out tomorrow as well, decided to do a carboot and get rid of as much excess as i can. Doing Col's carboot at Himley if anyone's over that way, and wants to say hello. :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

filecore

Post by filecore » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:58 am

Ashwood starts tomorrow as well Trev, if you didn't know. I'm heading south I think. Should all be big boots given this weather.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:45 am

Lost Planet Ltd Edition (360) 98p in Game

Also picked up de Blob 2 for the Wii, £4.98.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am

nokgod wrote:Just two in today. It's getting less! :D

Got a boatload going out tomorrow as well, decided to do a carboot and get rid of as much excess as i can. Doing Col's carboot at Himley if anyone's over that way, and wants to say hello. :D
Typical I'm back this way. Should have got my folks to come and nosey over your stall.

Oh and I got my Popolocrois from a bootsale over that way - one of my favourite psp rpg's

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 am

Got my popothingymagiger from Game for 99p a while ago

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:08 pm

filecore wrote:Ashwood starts tomorrow as well Trev, if you didn't know. I'm heading south I think. Should all be big boots given this weather.
No i didn't know that mate...hmmm, dilemma, which one to do??? :?
shiftytigger wrote: Typical I'm back this way. Should have got my folks to come and nosey over your stall.

Oh and I got my Popolocrois from a bootsale over that way - one of my favourite psp rpg's
I really like the look of Popolocrois. looks proper old skool....and very pretty. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Tis a good RPG

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Reminds me of Grandia - not directly but in little ways. I had never heard of Grandia when I bought it originally yet was really impressed - much like I was by popolocrois.

Both games I am happy to play at any time - without the pretention that I feel accompanies some of the more Emo style jrpgs/final fantasy games - (much as I enjoy them too) - Grandia was a bit of an underdog on the ps1 , not much to look at but eminently playable. Feel the need to play it again now.