What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 am

hydr0x wrote: Actually, Cauterize found the same (french) copy a bit ago and posted it on RetroCollect iirc. Was before you got internet again though ;) Here you go:

"A diabolical game" - love it! I feel the need to track that down - back online now, obviously, so I'll be catching up with RetroCollect tonight.

In other news, I got Ghostbusters for the 360 yesterday, £6 from CEX. Been wanting to play that one for a long time :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 am

Got my limited edition Goldeneye (Wii), may fire it up later :)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Cauterize

Post by Cauterize » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
hydr0x wrote: Actually, Cauterize found the same (french) copy a bit ago and posted it on RetroCollect iirc. Was before you got internet again though ;) Here you go:

"A diabolical game" - love it! I feel the need to track that down - back online now, obviously, so I'll be catching up with RetroCollect tonight.
I bought mine manual-less for about £5 cheaper than the CIB I also saw on eBay. Makes sense considering it's the same manual as the standard Euro release. Shame though as I think I prefer the French artwork...

Servbot

Post by Servbot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 am

Metroid Prime Other M - 8.98 in Game, used but mint other then a crease on the manuel, boy im obsessive. Amazing price!, was suprised to see it so cheap.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 am

Megamixer wrote:Nice :) . I was going to get the Ltd Edition of Eloquent Fist myself but the prices on ebay were over $100...too much. Do you know where the best and cheapest place to get PSP imports like these is?
I didn't really look around, and just used the GenkiVideogames site - they were very friendly and happy even to just price things up.

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 am

So, I picked up the last part of the PC lot today. As I didn't know what the rest was I was hoping for another Might and Magic. No luck :( ;) :lol:

(Psycho Pinball and I Have No Mouth... are empty boxes)

Also got these in the mail today

And picked these up from Gamestop (30% off sale), only paid 4€ for the NEW PSP games. That one's going to be a real rarity, I tell, you. And a good game too so it might fetch quite a price one day.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 pm

hydr0x wrote:...only paid 4€ for the NEW PSP games. That one's going to be a real rarity, I tell, you. And a good game too so it might fetch quite a price one day.
Good price! :) Was it a low print run as there are copies going for about £11 on eBay at the moment. Perhaps I'd better pick one up now.

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Well everything by 505 games is pretty limited and this is a niche console genre too. So yeah, if you're actually interested in the game or after a full PSP set I'd grab it now. The PSP probably won't generate enough collectors interest to make this a real investment but I'm sure the price will go up.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:27 pm

this might be just me though but the psp shifted 60 million units
yet it feels like something of a failure
is that just me ?
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

retro-play-uk

Post by retro-play-uk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Just bought a Wii Console this week, which was a bargain at £100 boxed brand new with 4 games

Mario Charged Strikers from game for £5
Madworld £2 (Still sealed)
Eledees £3
Punch-Out!! (wii) £10

A MSX computer with some games £20

Colin

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

snowkatt wrote:this might be just me though but the psp shifted 60 million units
yet it feels like something of a failure
is that just me ?
Not a failure just undersupported and its main rival is the DS. I think most handhelds would struggle against that.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Outrun (XBLA) is 400pts today, I had 400pts in my account, would've been rude not too.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:50 pm

My brother dropped off about 10 x PS2 games for me yesterday (cost me $10) ... and boy, there is a whole heap of crap in there! My step-sister is also looking at getting rid of her XBOX and all the games, so I have to get in contact with her today.

Just bought Hang On for Master System on Sega Card. Unfortunately its the card alone, but it's one I don't already have, and I got it for cheap enough.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Not really 'bought', as such, but managed to get full PS2 promo versions of WRC2 Extreme, WRC3 and Namco Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 for nowt this afty, one of the kids' wards was chucking them out so it would've been rude not to (also thought I'd share some of the WRC love that's been circulating on here recently).
Roo wrote:Just took delivery of three more N64 games; Starshot Space Circus (I've lost my copy), Hybrid Heaven and Automobili Lamborgini. None are outstanding, but they were 1p each on amazon.
Hybrid Heaven is ace, if a bit of a curate's egg, kind of a strategy wrestling game set in an explorable, beautifully-coloured alien world. It's truly odd (but definitely worth persevering with).

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 pm

JazzFunk wrote:Not really 'bought', as such, but managed to get full PS2 promo versions of WRC2 Extreme, WRC3 and Namco Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 for nowt this afty, one of the kids' wards was chucking them out so it would've been rude not to (also thought I'd share some of the WRC love that's been circulating on here recently).
Roo wrote:Just took delivery of three more N64 games; Starshot Space Circus (I've lost my copy), Hybrid Heaven and Automobili Lamborgini. None are outstanding, but they were 1p each on amazon.
Hybrid Heaven is ace, if a bit of a curate's egg, kind of a strategy wrestling game set in an explorable, beautifully-coloured alien world. It's truly odd (but definitely worth persevering with).
I was a Hybrid Heaven fan myself. Pumped a fair bit of time into it back in the day.

I would recommend WRC3 if you are going to play either. :)
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)