What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

AceGrace

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 am

Malice (XBox)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 am

Roo wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Only one purchase this week, Sin and Punishment 2 on the Wii, £17 from Zavvi!
Oh, dear. If you'd looked back a couple of pages, you'll have seen that a few other forumites got it for £4.97 at PC World. :(
Yeah good luck finding a copy.
The only one I saw was for £20

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am

DPrinny wrote:
Roo wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Only one purchase this week, Sin and Punishment 2 on the Wii, £17 from Zavvi!
Oh, dear. If you'd looked back a couple of pages, you'll have seen that a few other forumites got it for £4.97 at PC World. :(
Gamestation had some pre-owned copies that were as good as new for £15 last time I went in so I bought one in case it got hard to find or something.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 am

Picked up some ps2 games for 99p each all in decent condition in Gash Generators.God knows why i dont have a ps2 but seemed a bargain.
The games are.

Dragon Quest-the Journey of the cursed king
Shin Megami Tensei:Lucifers Call
Jade cocoon 2
Musashi:Samurai Legend
Rogue Galaxy
Final Fantasy XII

Also picked up Predators on Dvd in there for 99p :D (Crap movie but Cex give £7 exchange for it :D )
Free listings on eBay this weekend so will be sticking the ps2 games on there me thinks to put some much needed Sheckles in my PayPal account :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 am

Megamixer wrote:
DPrinny wrote:
Roo wrote: Oh, dear. If you'd looked back a couple of pages, you'll have seen that a few other forumites got it for £4.97 at PC World. :(
Gamestation had some pre-owned copies that were as good as new for £15 last time I went in so I bought one in case it got hard to find or something.
Forgetting that its on the Wii.

I cant be arsed paying a tenner+ for a Wii game.(or any game really)
As it means I have to find its cables to play the game

Was tempted by a s/h copy of Tenchu Wii for £6 in HMV
I have read that its not like Tenchu should be

As I said.
If anyone can still get it at that price I will haplly buy a copy off them (and add on postage)

Farzlepot

Post by Farzlepot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm

I have kind-of blown my monthly budget in an evening this week. While I'll be picking up any bargains I see really, I'm going to focus mostly on the Dreamcast. There's just something about that little white box that I adore, and I don't know what it is. Underdog appreciation, maybe?

Most significantly I picked up a copy of Shenmue 2, in very good condition, for just under £30. Other than a couple of marks on the sleeve corners it's pretty much mint - I didn't even need to replace the cases, which I have almost always had to do thus far with DC games. I did see a very apetising 'new and sealed' version on eBay, but I couldn't justify £150 for a game just because of a plastic wrapper, no matter how fanatical I am about the condition of the game! That's my monthly budget for this sort of thing out of the window in one game, at any rate.

I also found sealed copies of Space Channel 5, Virtua Tennis 1 and Ecco the Dolphin for £13, £9 and £8 respectively. Considering they're still factory sealed, I was quite pleased with myself, though I'm still acquainting myself with the sort of prices that games like these are supposed to go for, so I could have been ripped off for all I know!

Lastly, from eBay I caught MSR for a fiver. Not new, but may as well be. Even has a leaflet inside with a competition to win a Vauxhall VXR220!

And in my search for peripherals, I picked up both the mouse and keyboard, both box, the latter in new condition. I was going to bid on a boxed arcade stick too, but I missed the end of the auction and ran out of money.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Roo wrote:
Yeah, I was gutted to have missed that one, but I have heard it is a good game, so I don't mind paying £17 for it....better than the original full retail price :)

Dam

Post by Dam » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Roo wrote:
Don't tell me that! I paid £20 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. And to make it worse it seems to have got lost in the post!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Dam wrote:
Roo wrote:
Don't tell me that! I paid £20 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. And to make it worse it seems to have got lost in the post!
Don't get me started on stuff getting lost in the post....bloody Royal Mail!!! :evil:

Had a bad few weeks regarding deliveries!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Just grabbed Ghost Recon on the Wii for £9.99

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 pm

I stopped off at the local charity shop on the way home from work to see if i could pick up the GG with games that's been in the window all week. It wasn't there, so i went and asked if it had been sold.

Cue a puzzled face from the manageress and asking various staff members if they'd moved it....until the realisation came that some bugger had nicked it!! :( How low can you stoop, to steal from a charity shop? :evil:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Dam

Post by Dam » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote: Don't get me started on stuff getting lost in the post....bloody Royal Mail!!! :evil:

Its not just me then :( I'm currently waiting for 4 packages, including my club nintendo SNES controller for Wii....Really hope they haven't lost that one!

Last November I had at least 6 items go missing, as Aztecca will testify! None of them ever turned up.....

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 pm

aztecca wrote:Picked up some ps2 games for 99p each all in decent condition in Gash Generators.God knows why i dont have a ps2 but seemed a bargain.
The games are.

Dragon Quest-the Journey of the cursed king
Shin Megami Tensei:Lucifers Call
Jade cocoon 2
Musashi:Samurai Legend
Rogue Galaxy
Final Fantasy XII
That is an amazing amount of good games and lots of hours for a silly price. What was the condition of each?
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Dam wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote: Don't get me started on stuff getting lost in the post....bloody Royal Mail!!! :evil:

Its not just me then :( I'm currently waiting for 4 packages, including my club nintendo SNES controller for Wii....Really hope they haven't lost that one!

Last November I had at least 6 items go missing, as Aztecca will testify! None of them ever turned up.....
must admit...i'm waiting on around 3 or 4 myself. :(
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

nokgod wrote:
Dam wrote:

must admit...i'm waiting on around 3 or 4 myself. :(

I have 6 items all still in the post since before the new year.2 off Amazon and 4 off eBay if they arent here by the middle of next week i will start panicking.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: