What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Rayne » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 am

pratty wrote:I ordered Metroid: Other M from an Amazon seller this week, recieved it this morning (or so I thought), really looking forward to playing this today but when I opened the box the seller had forgotten to put the disk back in the box! :(
:lol: that sucks.

I've actually been guilty of this as a seller once or twice :oops:

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

pratty wrote:I ordered Metroid: Other M from an Amazon seller this week, recieved it this morning (or so I thought), really looking forward to playing this today but when I opened the box the seller had forgotten to put the disk back in the box! :(
Blimey, that is annoying.

I sold a megadrive game once and did the effective opposite. They collected it from my house whilst I was out and my brother handed it over, I had forgotten that my concert tickets for the coming months were stashed in there for safekeeping. Overall about £150's worth.

Tried and tried but could not get hold of the guy afterwards . . . funny that!

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Edwards80 wrote:
Blimey, that is annoying.

I sold a megadrive game once and did the effective opposite. They collected it from my house whilst I was out and my brother handed it over, I had forgotten that my concert tickets for the coming months were stashed in there for safekeeping. Overall about £150's worth.

Tried and tried but could not get hold of the guy afterwards . . . funny that!
Oh man, I'd be gutted.

Emailed the guy and he said he's found it still in his Wii, he's gonna gonna send it me so now real harm done, just annoying, seemed like a sincere guy to be fair, we've all done it or something like it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

chewy

Post by chewy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Frank Chickens wrote:
nakamura wrote:
How much was it?

I want a portable with perfect SNES Super FX and Mode 7 emu. Does this do it?
I paid £71.99 inc. Special Delivery from http://www.dingoo.co.uk/ . I could of bought the A330 from BestOfferBuy for £62.90, but once you factor in postage and customs charges then it simply gets too expensive to make it worthwhile.

From what I read on the forums the recent release of PocketSnes is supposed to be very good and should handle it otherwise you'll have to use the 4D version of Snes9x to handle the Mode 7 games.
Crikey, £72?? Is that with special delivery included? Deal Extreme are offering Free worldwide shipping, so it effectively costs £52.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23032

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:58 pm

nakamura wrote:
pratty wrote:
Morkin wrote:Just picked up Sin & Punishment Successor of the Skies (Wii) for £4.97 at PCWorld.
Awesome, how? Was it just a random reduction at that store's manager's descretion?
It's on offer. It was on the currys website for a while. Offer is now in store only.
If you can find a copy
My local has sold out

If anyone sees one for that price pick us up a copy and ill have it (and add on postage)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 pm

MC1 wrote:Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Mirrors Edge is free today with the 12 days of Christmas app. Broken Sword was free the other day too!
Thanks, I snagged it in time. :) Since receiving my iPhone via courier last Wednesday I've acquired the following games,

Angry Birds
Bit Pilot
Boost
Canabalt
Castle Smasher
Chop Chop Tennis
Cut The Rope
Cut The Rope Holiday Gift
Dark Nebula 2
Doodle Jump
Family Guy Time Warped
Flight Control
Fruit Ninja
GravBot
Gun Bros.
Eliminate Gun Range
Infinity Blade
iGibbets
Iron Man 2
Jenga
Mirror's Edge
Moto X Mayhem
N.O.V.A. 2
Pinball HD
Pix'n Rush
RAGE HD
Real Racing GTI
Reckless Racing
Run!
Rat on a Skateboard
Skies of Glory
Star Wars Arcade: Falcon Gunner
Topple 2
Vector Tanks EX
Ultimate Spider Man Total Mayhem
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm

so wil you actually play any of that ?
let alone finish them
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 am

I picked up Mass Effect 2 for the 360 for a bargin £4.98 in Game yesterday (yes, it was new as well)
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 am

Finally got A Shadows Tale on Wii. I was just browsing ShopTo and noticed it had come back into stock. Bought it then looked again. Out of stock so I must have snagged the last copy.

:D

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 am

snowkatt wrote:so wil you actually play any of that ?
let alone finish them
I just wanted to load up the 'phone with what appear to be some of the better quality games available. It seems that even in the realms of DLC games the collector bug for me still exists! I've plenty of free time oat the moment so have played nearly all of them already - some for quite some time. As there's so many of them my iPhone gaming "needs" will now be well catered for well into the future weeks and months. :)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:22 am

i think we all got that collector bug
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 am

Picked up Heavy Rain and Goldeneye (Wii) this week. I've only given Goldeye a quick go but kinda like it from what I've played so far - might need to tweak the Wii controls a bit though.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 am

I got some jap games off ebay this morning, Giant Gram and Street Fighter 3rd Strike for the Dreamcast and Fire Pro Wrestling G and Slap Happy Rhythm Busters for the Playstation.
Splink!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 am

Only one purchase this week, Sin and Punishment 2 on the Wii, £17 from Zavvi!

Roo

Post by Roo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:Only one purchase this week, Sin and Punishment 2 on the Wii, £17 from Zavvi!
Oh, dear. If you'd looked back a couple of pages, you'll have seen that a few other forumites got it for £4.97 at PC World. :(