What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

MC1

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by MC1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Got Enslaved and Mass Effect 2 today along with a brand new Hori EX2 thingy for the 360.

Incidently, I saw the PS3 version of the EX2 for 14.99 (I think) in Game, Teesside Park yesterday. Seems like a reasonable price.

I am so censored at Street Fighter games but do like them, so I got the stick for SSIV (which is ordered) and hoping I wont be terribly censored at Marvel/Capcom 3 when it comes out.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 pm

MC1 wrote: I am so censored at Street Fighter games but do like them, so I got the stick for SSIV (which is ordered) and hoping I wont be terribly censored at Marvel/Capcom 3 when it comes out.
I think out of the 100 or so online games i played on SSIV, i won about 15 :lol:

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:30 pm

SF is nothing like MvC, just as a heads up. ;)
Logged out 15/07/2014.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I know, lol.

I played MvC2 on the Dcast a bit. I'm not too bad on it.

I did play SF2 on the 3DO a lot when it first came out, but I found it hard (maybe down to the pad??)

Well, I can only try!!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:46 pm

MC1 wrote:I know, lol.

I played MvC2 on the Dcast a bit. I'm not too bad on it.

I did play SF2 on the 3DO a lot when it first came out, but I found it hard (maybe down to the pad??)

Well, I can only try!!
The pad doesn't really help. I found the d-pad to be decent but the lack of buttons was a bit crap. Still playable but then again, I think fighting games have gotten a lot easier since SFII which I've never really gotten good at despite playing tons of other fighting games that I can breeze.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Bought my first iPhone yesterday so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about regarding playing games on it.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Bought my first iPhone yesterday so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about regarding playing games on it.
Pix n Love Rush, Spiderman, Mirror's Edge, Angry Birds & Infinity Blade are pretty good places to start :wink:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition dropped through my letterbox today....GOOD!
Dog attacked package....BAD!
Spent 20 mins editing my characters look, then pressed a button i shouldn't have and lost it all....UGLY!

Also had about a half hour wait while the PS3 updated just about every bloody thing it could.....so this isn't the best start to a game i've ever had :roll: :lol:

I'll let you know what i think if i ever get to play it....
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

nokgod wrote:Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition dropped through my letterbox today....GOOD!
Dog attacked package....BAD!
Spent 20 mins editing my characters look, then pressed a button i shouldn't have and lost it all....UGLY!

Also had about a half hour wait while the PS3 updated just about every bloody thing it could.....so this isn't the best start to a game i've ever had :roll: :lol:

I'll let you know what i think if i ever get to play it....
Shall we come back next week, then :wink:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

I think that may be a little optimistic.....
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

chewy

Post by chewy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Frank Chickens wrote:Ordered a Dingoo A320 os looking forward to having some on the go emu goodness. :D
I'm ordering one next week. The Gemei GA330 I have purchased is taking a back burner until it does something useful, like WORK. :)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Rayne wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Bought my first iPhone yesterday so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about regarding playing games on it.
Pix n Love Rush, Spiderman, Mirror's Edge, Angry Birds & Infinity Blade are pretty good places to start :wink:
Thanks. I've seen a few reviews of Mirror's Edge and Infinity Blade and they do indeed look well worth getting. It also seems that having Angry Birds is the law these days for iPhone/iPod touch users! There was a car racing game similar in appearances to Gran Turismo, of which I've forgotten the name of, that looks pretty good too. I'm desperate to get Vector Tanks as well. :)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:49 pm

My 23 month old son Ewan plays Angry Birds on the iPAD, he can even select the App from the menu. Gonna have to film it and post it here. Infinity Blade certainly looks the business, plays well though a bit repetitive.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 pm

nokgod wrote:I think that may be a little optimistic.....
next month then ?
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Picked up Heavy Rain LE in HMV.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.