What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:49 pm

I can't believe it, rarely am I left speechless but today I was.

Secret santa at work between my team of 12 people, £10 limit.

3 packages on my desk, Guy I get on with great was my secret Santa. He is intoi Marvel, Sci-Fi and all that stuff. He is not really into games but he still likes to talk about old Nintendo and Sega games.

He is always talking about having some old games lying around somewhere back at his parents.

He shouts over that He never went out and bought anything but thought I might appreciate these more.

I kid you not, and honestly, as unbelievable as it sounds. Mint boxed with maps and instructions Zelda link to the past, Boxed Mariokart, and boxed Marioworld.

All the girls on the team were " are you sure you are happy with them ", and asking him why he did not buy anything. Me I was just sitting there stunned. Never stopped thanking him all day.

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:03 am

RodimusPrime wrote:I can't believe it, rarely am I left speechless but today I was.

3 packages on my desk, Guy I get on with great was my secret Santa. He is intoi Marvel, Sci-Fi and all that stuff. He is not really into games but he still likes to talk about old Nintendo and Sega games.

He is always talking about having some old games lying around somewhere back at his parents.

He shouts over that He never went out and bought anything but thought I might appreciate these more.

I kid you not, and honestly, as unbelievable as it sounds. Mint boxed with maps and instructions Zelda link to the past, Boxed Mariokart, and boxed Marioworld.

All the girls on the team were " are you sure you are happy with them ", and asking him why he did not buy anything. Me I was just sitting there stunned. Never stopped thanking him all day.
Christ. Lucky old you.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:05 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:You collectors are crazy
I guess everyone needs a hobby.....even if it does become a mental obsession that some can never break and end up being hoarders!
silvergunner wrote:But the money could of gone towards another game :lol:

If I ever end up with a sealed game on my shelves I have an almighty urge to rip the wrapping off.
Ooooh yes, I'd love to sneak into one of these over-the-top collectors houses, go find their sealed games.....rip open the seal and stick a HMV or GAME label on it (really sticky one), then write a bit random letter in a black permanent marker pen on the cartridge :mrgreen:

The stickers that were used were certainly industrial strength. You could stick a rocket together with them and be able to launch it in to space with no problems.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 am

RodimusPrime wrote:I can't believe it, rarely am I left speechless but today I was.

you lucky lucky so and so

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 am

well i wasnt going to buy anything before christmas but then a deal happened with lofarius from here.......

started off we did a trade deal, sold him my spare ultima 4 on master system, he sent me some money and a copy of micro machines for the ms. then a guy on another forum was selling herzog zwei for the md, cart only £6 shipped to the uk, go on then i'll have it.

then i decided to look around on ebay while i was off ill, saw an interesting bundle with a genuine wii steering wheel which i have wanted for ages, bundle included a genuine wii wheel, zelda skyward sword, mario kart wii, crash of the titans, tomb raider, sega superstars tennis, and a couple of gulty pleasure games- pdc darts and golden balls (i am a lifelong jasper carrott fan), including shipping it cost me £19.
zelda is the limited edition with the gold label and the cd but doesnt have the gold controller (doesnt have it in the pics anyway)

i THINK i got an ok deal?

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 am

flatapex wrote:well i wasnt going to buy anything before christmas but then a deal happened with lofarius from here.......

started off we did a trade deal, sold him my spare ultima 4 on master system, he sent me some money and a copy of micro machines for the ms. then a guy on another forum was selling herzog zwei for the md, cart only £6 shipped to the uk, go on then i'll have it.

then i decided to look around on ebay while i was off ill, saw an interesting bundle with a genuine wii steering wheel which i have wanted for ages, bundle included a genuine wii wheel, zelda skyward sword, mario kart wii, crash of the titans, tomb raider, sega superstars tennis, and a couple of gulty pleasure games- pdc darts and golden balls (i am a lifelong jasper carrott fan), including shipping it cost me £19.
zelda is the limited edition with the gold label and the cd but doesnt have the gold controller (doesnt have it in the pics anyway)

i THINK i got an ok deal?
For the "modern stuff" Only Zelda and Mario Kart Wii are decent, the rest is close to shovelware. I downloaded Tomb Raider on the Wii and its awful compared to the 360 version, so I paid for the right one.

Can't go wrong with Micromachines though! Hergog Zwei seems to be fairly well thought of as well.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:52 am

Crying - Japanese Megadrive
Super Thunder Blade - Japanese Megadrive

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Nice bunch of Mega CD stuff:
Prince of Persia
Sol-Feace/Cobra Command 2 in 1

Demo discs:
BC Racers
Flashback
Lethal Enforcers II
Novastorm
Pitfall The Mayan Adventure
Star Wars Rebel Assault

£15 the lot which I was quite happy with.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Golden Axe Beast Rider, F1 2012, Dead Island goty edition all for PS3 and a Snes power supply.
Thoughts and prayers.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 pm

A nice couple of boxed minty Super Famicom Games
Bomberman 4
Bomberman 5

Good value at £35 posted for the pair, now got all 5 games in my collection, very pleased.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Future **Rare** PS4 game?

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Far cry 4 (xbox one ) for me and cod advanced warfare for my boy (xbox one)
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am

Not a game but I did get a nice new CRT TV, samsung slim type, 21". Makes a big difference compared to the 14" I was using before.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Not a game but I did get a nice new CRT TV, samsung slim type, 21". Makes a big difference compared to the 14" I was using before.
I use a 21 for my ps3 and a 32 crt with componant for my 360
This guy are sick

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 am