What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Treguard » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:57 am

samhain81 wrote:
Treguard wrote:Bought a new PC as my motherboard went kaput the other day. Spent hours swapping over graphics cards, hard drives etc. and now I've got the fun of reinstalling about 400 games I had on my Steam account. Aargh.
Couldn't you have just copied over your common folders from your steam folder, and dragged it back over?
My original hard drive is 2TB partitioned into two 1TB partitions. This new PC only has a 500GB drive. it's more hassle doing it this way, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:13 am

koopa42 wrote:Image
I'm always jealous of people who own legit arcade machines, even beat up looking ones because you just know those things have a history.

SkippyOne40
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:20 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by SkippyOne40 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 am

Just got my Red/Black Super Mario Bros 2 3DS XL Bundle with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and also due to a till error, got 2 copies of Pokemon Black. With staff discount I ended up paying £150

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by koopa42 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote: I'm always jealous of people who own legit arcade machines, even beat up looking ones because you just know those things have a history.
Don't be too jealous yet, the gubbins are extreme and I've spent most of the day stressing out about them.

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Toki - Japanese Megadrive

Parodius Collection - PSP

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4591
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:16 am

Steep Slope Sliders - Saturn
Loaded - Saturn
Wii Party U - Wii U...obv
Overboard - PS1
Theme Hospital - PS1
Tomb Raider - PC
Micro Machines V3 - PC

tux
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by tux » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Wasnt sure if this lot would arrive as the listing was appalling, however 2days later it arrived! Posting skills amazing, Ebay skills zero :lol: . Came in a job lot of pc demos and old music cds but i managed to spot these Commodore CDTV games hidden in the bundle.


Image

Some really REALLY hard to finds games in that lot. Paid £10 :D

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Apart from a Skylander figure for my boy , not much.

I have however received something that has put a massive smile on my face and really cheered me up after some really bad weeks and some really low ebbs in my life. Someone on here sent me something and they know who they are , I wont drag it all up as I know the person in question didnt do it for attention. But thank you - truly cheered me up no end and it is most appreciated.
Image

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Couple of new PS2 japanese games. will post pics later.

Some stuff I have really been wanting for a while

Sonic wings
Fuun Super combo - neo geo double pack of Savage reign and kizuna encounter.

sega ages 2500 games for ps2 japanese - Last bronx, Fantasy zone, Dynamite deka, gunstar heroes treasure box, Panzer dragoon, and monster world collection.

really looking forward to getting them and trying them out.

User avatar
Elaine
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Elaine » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:36 am

Bought Jet Set Radio Future for Xbox yesterday... I'm really looking forward to playing t, I used to own it but for some reason (needed money I guess) I sold it years ago... But I remember thinking it was a great game

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Couple of new PS2 japanese games. will post pics later.

Some stuff I have really been wanting for a while

Sonic wings
Fuun Super combo - neo geo double pack of Savage reign and kizuna encounter.

sega ages 2500 games for ps2 japanese - Last bronx, Fantasy zone, Dynamite deka, gunstar heroes treasure box, Panzer dragoon, and monster world collection.

really looking forward to getting them and trying them out.
That's a decent haul! The Treasure Box and Monster World collection are excellent as is the Fuun Super Combo set. Hope you enjoy them! Is The Fantasy Zone the complete set or the single remastered game?

Would like to get the Dynamite Deka SA2500 release at some point. In fact, there are still a few I want....

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:02 am

Black Ridge wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:Couple of new PS2 japanese games. will post pics later.

Some stuff I have really been wanting for a while

Sonic wings
Fuun Super combo - neo geo double pack of Savage reign and kizuna encounter.

sega ages 2500 games for ps2 japanese - Last bronx, Fantasy zone, Dynamite deka, gunstar heroes treasure box, Panzer dragoon, and monster world collection.

really looking forward to getting them and trying them out.
That's a decent haul! The Treasure Box and Monster World collection are excellent as is the Fuun Super Combo set. Hope you enjoy them! Is The Fantasy Zone the complete set or the single remastered game?

Would like to get the Dynamite Deka SA2500 release at some point. In fact, there are still a few I want....
Not sure which one it is. Just recently got intoJapanese PS2 games. Gobsmacked at some of the games that were exclusive.

Main reason I got one was for the G1 Transformers game, and the Sega rally2006/sega rally championship double pack. opened up a whole new choice of games.

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:48 am

RodimusPrime wrote: Not sure which one it is. Just recently got intoJapanese PS2 games. Gobsmacked at some of the games that were exclusive.

Main reason I got one was for the G1 Transformers game, and the Sega rally2006/sega rally championship double pack. opened up a whole new choice of games.
I realised that when I got a JP PS2. So many decent playable imports out there. Few recommendations

Chain Dive
Gekibo Boy 2 (Geksiha Boy/Polaroid Pete)
Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) - The Arc System works fighter, not any of the pachi slot games
Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku (Power Instinct)

Loads of fightersand shmups out there that never saw western releases. Shame, as some of them are fantastic!

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24743
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Image
Game one pound
Head set space invaders thing two quid

User avatar
nakamura
Posts: 7582
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nakamura » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:50 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
Not sure which one it is. Just recently got intoJapanese PS2 games. Gobsmacked at some of the games that were exclusive.

Main reason I got one was for the G1 Transformers game, and the Sega rally2006/sega rally championship double pack. opened up a whole new choice of games.
I really like Sega Rally and 2006. The port of the arcade game is fantastic and works with my GT Force wheel. 2006 despite the clipping is so much fun to play.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests