What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm

AceGrace wrote:This. Been after it for a while.

Now all I need to get is the first bloody roar game on PS1.
I briefly had this, didn't pay much for it and got hardly anything when I sold it on ebay so I had no idea it had any value. I wasn't a fan to be honest, mainly because Primal Fury on the Gamecube had been so much better and 4 seemed worse in every way.

Still, if it's for the collection then it's a nice pick-up anyway as it's not a super-common game in the wild :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Harvest Moon for PS2 - in tbe vain hope of selling on ebay as im skinty mcskint.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 am

It is for the collection. :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

JamesC wrote:Aargh - I've just been payed and you show me a link like that!
I can live for a month on soup, pot noodles and video games right?
Oh mate I'm sorry, did you pick anything up?

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am

Megamixer wrote:
AceGrace wrote:This. Been after it for a while.

Now all I need to get is the first bloody roar game on PS1.
I briefly had this, didn't pay much for it and got hardly anything when I sold it on ebay so I had no idea it had any value. I wasn't a fan to be honest, mainly because Primal Fury on the Gamecube had been so much better and 4 seemed worse in every way.

Still, if it's for the collection then it's a nice pick-up anyway as it's not a super-common game in the wild :)
Pretty sure i sold it to you, but we're going back a few years now!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:24 pm

retrojc wrote: Pretty sure i sold it to you, but we're going back a few years now!
Yes I think you did 8) . I'm sure I had this + BR3 with some other games from yourself.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Megamixer wrote:
retrojc wrote: Pretty sure i sold it to you, but we're going back a few years now!
Yes I think you did 8) . I'm sure I had this + BR3 with some other games from yourself.
Yep, I can vaguely remember the deal, maybe the Jap DoA 3 too? tekken tag seems to leap out at me also xD

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 am

retrojc wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
Yep, I can vaguely remember the deal, maybe the Jap DoA 3 too? tekken tag seems to leap out at me also xD
Almost :) . T'was a NTSC-J Tekken Tag and NTSC-J DoA2 in some kind of silver sleeve. I actually own none of these games anymore...shows how long ago that was :lol:

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 am

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:35 am

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct on PS3. Ordered from Amazon on Thursday, estimated delivery of 29th - 31st October. It's just popped through the letter box!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:02 am

alistair_thomas wrote:The Walking Dead Survival Instinct on PS3. Ordered from Amazon on Thursday, estimated delivery of 29th - 31st October. It's just popped through the letter box!
Didnt find many favourable reviews and isnt a very long game but its the only FPS I can stand. If youre looking to find a Black Ops beater then you may need to look elsewhere. If it wasnt Walking Dead themed I probably wouldnt enjoy it so much. Some of the trophies are hard though.

Hope you did'nt get put off by that - its my go to Walking Dead fix. That said im not far enough into the other game to really compare.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 am

I read a lot of reviews and wasn't expecting much, but I've just been playing for a bit and enjoying it so far. Managed to get overrun a few times already, which was pretty tense.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 pm

The annoying ones are the QTE ones that surprise you - you will soon learn how to avoid or kill them before. As i said I really enjoy it but one of the achievements is turning out a lot harder than it should. Its quite easy to finish but there are a few different trophies and story arcs to aim for. Even getting the crossbow from the outset doesnt spoil it (you have to finish with certain conditions) - check the trophy conditions and then check the relic details on the options menu.

Think Ill have a go later today now as i havent played since the TV show restarted.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:15 pm

The Pal Gamecube games I had with a swap with G Man the nice Jap games I swapped with my friend for my Sega Ages Quartet and SDI, was happy with Bonk as I never knew it existed outside of the PC Engine and Shigami has a figure

I was very kindly given these for free of Blackridge

Tailspin and Nigel Mansells where free from the ever generous Blackridge and Nokgod respectively 8) Strider I had for free of a Amazon seller as I originally bought Shadow Dancer but he sent Strider.. He let me keep Strider and sent me Shadow Dancer for free even refused postage

Bayonetta finally came Okami had for free from my friend

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:17 pm

^^^ Bujingai Swordmaster is a bit of a hidden gem. No classic at all but quite fun and stylish :)