What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Shinobi

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:13 pm

My famicom twin

The games that came with it Darius 2 was £5

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 am

Funnily enough Shin I was looking at those Sharp Famicoms. They can be pretty pricey though. I'm enjoying the clone you sent me although it does like to freak out graphically every now and then :lol:

You will have to let me know if Image Fight is as hard as they say. I want to get it on PC Engine but lots of people say its near impossible and the first level is brutal.

Anyways this is what I got from the local market yesterday. £10 spent and happy to have a working xbox again

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 am

Just these two, probably for the rest of the month.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:01 am

Toukiden Kiwami Treasure Box. Tearaway alongside it to show the size. :P

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 am

Not bought much recently, on the grounds of having a stupid car to fix which was very expensive, as well as a holiday. But I managed to get some nice ones in recent weeks :

Saturn Bomberman - Looks pretty decent as "Bombermen" games go, but my favourites are still Super Bomberman 1 and 2 on the SNES. The chances of me actually using Saturn Bomberman to its potential is very slim, considering I would need a further 7 more joypads, 2 expensive multitaps and 9 friends (who has that many friends these days??) :D The game itself wasn't cheap, costing over 30 quid, hard to get cheap on Ebay.

Tomb Raider - The most inferior version of Tomb Raider, but still this is the first, and where the series launched. Pity this didn't help the Saturn like it did the PS1. A few quid.

Dead of Alive 3 - Utterly gorgeous game, even to this day, and great fun. A quid.

Monkey Ball Deluxe - Monkey Ball 1 and 2 combined - nuff said. So so cheap as well.

Rocky Legends - Not played this yet, but assured its quite entertaining, and for a quid, it doesn't even have to be.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 am

Shinobi wrote:
Megamixer wrote:A few random cheap things from a trip to the next town over:

Been after The Operative for a while but today I saw at least 4 copies :lol: . Paid £2.99 for this one and 99p for F1 '97 which was an ace game back in the day and now looks in good nick after a quick case swap.

Shanghai Triple Threat (3DO) and Power Drift (Spectrum) were surprise finds from Cash Converters. I bought them just out of interest so if anybody wants either on the cheap (probably just the cost of p+p) then give me a bell :)
What's Shanghai like is the one on the PC with the tile's stacked like a pyramid? You still have your 3DO don't you as I remember seeing it in your for sale thread?
Nah, I've just sold the 3DO on ebay as it was taking up space. I like the system and the games for it but I know I'd rarely have time to use it again so it's gone. Only bought the Shanghai game because it was first time seeing a 3DO game in the wild and I felt like rescuing it as I'd not heard of it before.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 am

Oh, this just turned up from CEX. I forgot I ordered it.

(On xbox one)

Almost had a heart attack. I opened the watchdogs xbox one green box to find no disc in it. Then opened the steel book case and found it. Phew! :wink:

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 am

Freak Out PS2 - 99p.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 PC and Rollercoaster Designer (or whatever its called) PS2 - 50p for both.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Funnily enough Shin I was looking at those Sharp Famicoms. They can be pretty pricey though. I'm enjoying the clone you sent me although it does like to freak out graphically every now and then :lol:

You will have to let me know if Image Fight is as hard as they say. I want to get it on PC Engine but lots of people say its near impossible and the first level is brutal.

Anyways this is what I got from the local market yesterday. £10 spent and happy to have a working xbox again

I paid £15o with all the games pictured

I played Image fight for a bit and it didn't seem that to start later into the level with the large motherships it gets difficult, I'm not very good on shooting games.. The PC Engine may have a easier home version I know Ninja Spirit does
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 am

This arrived from the States yesterday:

That's probably one of the last games i'll buy this year. Keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced Digimon World 4 but apart from that, its time to rein it in a bit. Got to start saving some money for Christmas! :shock: I also want to play some of the stuff i already have. Got Makai Kingdom (PS2), Diablo 3 (PS4) on the go plus i've had a new front end installed in my bartop cab (was playing Chase HQ on Sunday), so i've plenty to get my teeth into for a while :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:14 am

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 am

Shamelessly stolen from my twitter...
No One Lives Forever on the PC used to be a favourite of mine and I never realised there was a PS2 port (until I saw the post on here by Megamixer) so I was curious how the port was and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised, It was definitely worth the 25p :lol:

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Arrived today

Atlantean - PC Engine

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Morkin wrote:Image
They any good? Been eyeing up the first ps3 one In graingers for the past few weeks.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm

My only recent gaming purchase was MGS Snake Eater 3D from the 3DS eshop - primarily as an early birthday present for myself. I'd have preferred a physical copy, but I've not seen it in any shops for quite a while now.
Where logic won't work, I will