What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

van

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by van » Sun May 04, 2014 8:02 am

My first carnival game and a couple others that have been on my "need" list.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Image

Ordered off PlayAsia. I apologize...

...For nothing. :twisted: Only worry I have with this is the AI seems lacking in gameplay vids I watched. Still, it'll probably end up being more fun than Ninja Gaiden Z, hugely disappointed with that game.
How much? Is it a big improvement on the PS2 games and (terrible) Wii version?

I was looking forward to this since the 360 version didn't get released over here but for money-related reasons, I didn't get around to importing it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 pm

^ Roughly 40 quid, hasn't arrived yet as there's a week's wait for shipping on it. Can't comment on if it'll be better than other entries as this'll be first in the series I've played.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ Roughly 40 quid, hasn't arrived yet as there's a week's wait for shipping on it. Can't comment on if it'll be better than other entries as this'll be first in the series I've played.
I enjoyed the PS2 games for their awesome crapness but they were very unforgiving and the levelling up was so unbelievable slow. Plus, the 3 PAL PS2 games are all revisions of each other so there was little in the way of newness with each game. The Wii sequel was new but actually looked worse than the PS2 games and the controls were awful :shock: .

I also have the first 360 game but not been able to test it as I'm yet to get hold of a console.

Z Kagura looked awesome from the original trailers so I'd be interested to hear if it's any good when you get the game :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon May 05, 2014 4:52 am

Had a wander over to our local carboot this morning. Only bought a couple of items:

Minecraft (360)
Little King's Story (Wii)

I'd take a pic but i cba for a couple of games. Its not to say there wasn't any retro, but i'm being stricter with myself this year so i don't end up with a garage full of trade material that i never get rid of!

I passed on an Atari 2600 with 2 controllers, 2 paddles and a handful of games (£35), unboxed Acorn Electron with about 20 games (£35) both from the same seller. Also a few loose game gear carts and the usual multitude of PS1 consoles, steering wheels and PS2 games. Noticed the DS games seemed expensive for some reason, everyone was asking a fiver for everything...even Dr Kowashima :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 am

I got the Ubisoft '25 Years' PC pack for £7 from Morrisons when we were doing our shopping (Assassins Creed, Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia - The sands of time, Rayman 3, & FarCry).

And I got Neverwinter Nights and the Fear Platinum collection (FEAR, Extraction Point, & Perseus Mandate) from a charity shop, both for 99p.
I also got OutRun 2 for the Xbox, for £2.99, payed a bit more for than one - but it's one of the few racing games I actually like and I lost my original one!
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 pm

From Play Expo.

(Sword handle needs to be reattached)
four of them posters, two of them Zelda Standees for free

also got a Sonic racing transformed one thats to be picked up

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Tue May 06, 2014 5:13 am

Pic stolen from my twitter page:

All picked up from PlayExpo Blackpool over the weekend (except for the bag)

I've been wanting Double Dragon 2 and Batman for the NES for quite some time so I finally caved and bought them :mrgreen:

tux

Post by tux » Tue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Got this Speccy lot from the car boot on Sunday for £15. Well pleased considering it came with a few fairly pricey attachments and one of the computers is a 128k

darthsteve333

Post by darthsteve333 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Very nice Spectrum pickup and a superb price. Especially as there's a reseller at a car boot near me that tries to sell an average condition Spectrum+ for £30 and a boxed 48k for £40.

By and large the car boots near me are saturated with re-sellers and buyers who hoover everything up, (and I mean everything!) before most people even arrive (for immediate re-sale on a certain auction site). Consequently, pickings have been rather slim over the last few months.

However, after lurking around reading this thread for some time now and considering whether or not to post, have decided tonight's the night.

These are my pickups from the last couple of weeks or so. Some are from charity shops and car boots, others from shops (I visited Somerset recently and found they have a lot more in the way of retro shops down there than where I live).

Anyway - 4 pics:

1 - PS1 games:

2 - Miscellaneous systems:

3: Gamecube, Wii and Xbox 360

4: PS2 (plus a GameBoy Color game):

Not pictured:

Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past for the SNES, (I used to own this years ago, but only just managed to get hold of another copy last week).

R-Types for the PS1, which I got very excited about after my wife spotted it.

R-Type - GameBoy - found this unboxed today for 99p - looking forward to trying it after reading about how good it is in the recent RG GameBoy Top 25 article.

Lemmings - GameBoy - also unboxed for 99p.

tux

Post by tux » Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 am

^
Aye, re-sellers are becoming the death of most car boot sales for most Nintendo/Sega/Ps1 gubbins in my area. It wasnt really a problemin the past, first come first served but the attitude seems to have really swung. Its changed from people with a genuine interest in retro gear,using knowledge and actually geting some satisfaction from buying a whole load of 80s/90s gaming items- selling some and keeping some there own collection to a load of "traveling style" folk, turing up before the car boot is officially open in knackard old van. Intimidating people as they unload there cars, and buying every single obvious gaming item that they can find-then leaving to hit the next car boot.

my whinge over :lol:

Good picks ups by the way :)

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 08, 2014 6:48 am

Volley Fire arrived yesterday

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Thu May 08, 2014 7:08 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Volley Fire arrived yesterday
I've never heard of that but from looking at youtube videos it looks like fun :D Might have to track down a copy myself

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 08, 2014 9:02 am

ArchaicKoala wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Volley Fire arrived yesterday
I've never heard of that but from looking at youtube videos it looks like fun :D Might have to track down a copy myself
I'd never heard of it till last week, cool little game it's quite simple but fun to play

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 am

All for 25 quid off eBay

Includes box and 1 controller + 7 games:

- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Lion King
- Desert Strike
- EA Hockey
- Tintin in Tibet
- Ren n Stimpy
- Yogi Bear's Cartoon Capers
Going Solo...................