What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

killbot

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by killbot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Today I bought Yoshi's Story for N64 (up for twelve quid, I got it for a tenner). I had a credit note for CEX and got a new copy of Ghost Squad on the Wii (£1.50) to replace my slightly worse for wear old copy.

I also bought a few PS2 platinum games and Tomb Raider on DVD. Those I only got because I've been burning some reconstructions of missing Doctor Who episodes to DVD recently and needed silver Amaray cases to store them in so that they would match the 'official' releases.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:46 am

Something that I bought years ago finally came home.

My GameCube with all the Zelda games on it.
Its only been 10 years.
Problem is I now have 4 GCs

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:30 am

DPrinny wrote:Problem is I now have 4 GCs
How is that a problem? Can't have too much of a good thing.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 am

nokgod wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Problem is I now have 4 GCs
How is that a problem? Can't have too much of a good thing.
They are not prone to break

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Found Dark Souls II on the zavvi website for twenty quid, and also bout the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remasters for just over a tenner off amazon, even though i splashed out 15 for the PS2 version about a week ago (it did have the art cards and the cardboard case, though).
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

A couple more DC shooters. I've gone from being a complete non-shooter fan, to fantastically into them in the last year, and now tiring of them a little. The First of the new purchases was Trizeal - didn't reignite my enthusiasm, didn't excite me at all. Not bad...just not exactly top tier. Second purchase was Zero Gunner 2 however, and I've been playing it for several hours last night and today. Awesome game.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:56 pm

flatapex wrote:the nicest item there is rc helicopter, which was a rn thread freebie
Glad it made it safely.

I've got another budget game going spare if you fancy it: International Pool Championship also on PS2. Not a terrible game at all but didn't 'do' anything for me. Give me a shout if you want it and I'll send it your way.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Interesting. My brother has offered me a 360 - completely free. He's clearing out and needs the space (it's his old one, though he's tested it and it works fine).

Now you might think I'd snatch his hand off but here's the thing - I'm not sure I want it. I already have a large pile of unplayed Wii and Wii U games and adding another console to the mix is surely only going to grow my 'pile of shame'. Plus I'm not really an Xbox fan. Plus most of the games that do interest me on the machine I already have for either the PC or Wii U.

On the other hand, it's free and there are a ton of good games for it, many of which can be picked up cheap. I'm a bit torn if truth be told. His wife's just had a baby so I'm a bit inclined to just tell him to sell it and buy nappies with the proceeds.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:27 pm

If you're a shmup/fighter fan, I'd say get it in as there's a lot of good stuff. I won't mention Halo as I get the feeling you're not the biggest FPS fan.

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Sel Feena wrote:If you're a shmup/fighter fan, I'd say get it in as there's a lot of good stuff. I won't mention Halo as I get the feeling you're not the biggest FPS fan.
If I did get it it would mainly be for the Elder Scrolls games, though I can quite easily pick those up for the PC, and GTAV. I do keep thinking 'oh, if I got it I could finally play this and that' but then I come back to the fact that I don't have time to clear my current backlog, let alone adding another couple of dozen titles to it.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:08 pm

killbot wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:If you're a shmup/fighter fan, I'd say get it in as there's a lot of good stuff. I won't mention Halo as I get the feeling you're not the biggest FPS fan.
If I did get it it would mainly be for the Elder Scrolls games, though I can quite easily pick those up for the PC, and GTAV. I do keep thinking 'oh, if I got it I could finally play this and that' but then I come back to the fact that I don't have time to clear my current backlog, let alone adding another couple of dozen titles to it.
If you get Skyrim, you'll never clear your backlog. That's a serious time sink....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

tux

Post by tux » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Found some actual retro items at the car boot today, really pleased as i only ended up paying £18 the lot.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks to some savvy trading I got my CEX voucher up to £190 so thought id stock up on some collection filler while I was there. Picked up

WWE Crush Hour and WWE Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube,

plus I picked up the following games for PSP

Untold Legends brotherhood,
Miami Vice,
Mercury,
300 March to Victory,
Championship Manager 2006,
Ape Academy 2,
Buzz Brain Bender,
WWTBAM Party edition,
Hannah Montana rocks the show,
Warhammer Squad Command.

Some of those wont be played but Im aiming for a full collection.

van

Post by van » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Genesis, might and magic: gates to another world.

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:42 am

I recently got myself a 48K speccy, had to replace the keyboard membrane but everything is all working fine now. Just need a CRT telly that will tune in properly. Got that speccy tape app for the iphone and have been playing highway encounter, turmoil and a few others over the weekend albeit with wobbly colours and slightly fuzzy looking graphics.

Also got a ZX81, still boxed with a 16k ram expansion. Can just about tune it in to the telly, appears to be all working anyway. Just need to get some games for it, and also that afore mentioned CRT telly.