What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:09 am

Nothingmuch

Still two PC Engine controllers for just over £20 is ok
(Nes games £2 each)

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Tiger 2 - Japanese Megadrive

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Random stuffs from the last few weeks:

Wave Race and Freak Out were from Shinobi (thanks man), Tecmo Classic Arcade was sealed off ebay for £7.99, Fluid was from Roo in the RN+ thread, Einhander was just over a tenner from ebay and Project X Zone was sealed from ebay for £10.99 :mrgreen:

Oh and this for £39.99 thanks to Amazon's mistake (and their grace in not cancelling the order it has to be said):

Can't believe that it's been ten whole years since ToS first came out :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Megamixer wrote:Random stuffs from the last few weeks:

wow i didn't know there was an alternate cover to freak out (in other territories obviously there is but i mean PAL),i have the red one which i thought was the only one.i wonder why they did another i assume my red one was first because that's what i remember from the magazines of the time.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:wow i didn't know there was an alternate cover to freak out (in other territories obviously there is but i mean PAL),i have the red one which i thought was the only one.i wonder why they did another i assume my red one was first because that's what i remember from the magazines of the time.
This one's a reprint by Midas :wink: . There are a few other games (like Wetrix 2.0) that were reprinted by other publishers with different covers.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:wow i didn't know there was an alternate cover to freak out (in other territories obviously there is but i mean PAL),i have the red one which i thought was the only one.i wonder why they did another i assume my red one was first because that's what i remember from the magazines of the time.
This one's a reprint by Midas :wink: . There are a few other games (like Wetrix 2.0) that were reprinted by other publishers with different covers.
ah that explains it,thank you. :D
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm

well well well

wonderboy in monster land £10 (ms)- my missus spotted that one, one step closer to a full set of complete alex kidd and wonderboy titles
psp 2gb memory card £2.50 (she spotted that one too)
command and conquer ps1 big box 99p (i saw that one)
brian lara £1, davis cup (just the box, no game) 25p, super kick off £1 (thats new boxes for better games sorted)
earlier this week i bought a tekken dark resurrection manual for £1

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 am

Bit of everything this month.

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:18 am

I picked up Rayman Legends and Arkham City for Wii U a few days ago, and also picked up a 1982 Donkey Kong Game & Watch from ebay for £30. Pretty happy with that, not a huge collector but Nintendo stuff from before I was born makes me tingle
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 am

Sel Feena wrote:Image

Bit of everything this month.
Is that Castle Shikigami 3 there? Shame it got cancelled for release here :( Was it you that I recommended it to a while back when you got a Wii?

That PS3 game looks... interesting

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Is that Castle Shikigami 3 there? Shame it got cancelled for release here :( Was it you that I recommended it to a while back when you got a Wii?

That PS3 game looks... interesting
^ Yeah, and it was me you recommended it to. Akiba's Trip is a bit strange but good fun, have the first one on PSP too.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Ys Memories of Celceta and Dangan Ronpa, both for the Vita. Taking a bit of a punt on both, fingers crossed and all that.

darthsteve333

Post by darthsteve333 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help with something I noticed today.

I bought a Dreamcast bundle today at a car boot sale and there were a number of duplicates of games I already own. As I imagine is usual for most people who collect, I've spent some time going through my existing collection, to work out which are in the best condition so I can hold onto them, and which I can trade in at my local retro store, (provided they work OK).

While doing this, I found that of the 2 Sega Rally Championships I now have, one is on a grey disc, and the other is on a pink disc (similar to the Sega Saturn disc). I wondered whether this is unusual, as if one is a weird variant, I will probably hold onto both.

Thanks!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:28 am

darthsteve333 wrote:Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help with something I noticed today.

I bought a Dreamcast bundle today at a car boot sale and there were a number of duplicates of games I already own. As I imagine is usual for most people who collect, I've spent some time going through my existing collection, to work out which are in the best condition so I can hold onto them, and which I can trade in at my local retro store, (provided they work OK).

While doing this, I found that of the 2 Sega Rally Championships I now have, one is on a grey disc, and the other is on a pink disc (similar to the Sega Saturn disc). I wondered whether this is unusual, as if one is a weird variant, I will probably hold onto both.

Thanks!
As far as I'm aware the grey is the original release and the pink is a reprint. No changes to the game so only of interest to completist collectors in the long run.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:24 am

A couple of trades on Friday - Red Steel. Wii and Streets of Rage II. Megadrive

Also picked up a Japanese boxed copy of AeroStar and the Gameboy