What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

speedlolita

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:40 pm

That's actually quite nice as LE go.

Game is supposed to be pretty great too, could be a nice investment. ;)
Logged out 15/07/2014.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Here are my pick-ups from Revival this weekend:

I was given the 800XL and disk drive for free from somebody attending the show who found it at the dump! He didn't want it and knew that I would appreciate it, it's in excellent condition and works perfectly!

The Atari User mug was a free gift and I was very pleased to finally get my hands on a Lynx Flashcard.

Image Image

The Ocean Book signed by no less than 10 ex-Ocean employees and the great Oliver Frey!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Grabbed Wolverine's Revenge, and Medal of Honor Frontline and Medal of Honor Rising Sun on GameCube - replacement cases for Virtua Strike 3, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Killer 7.

So if you want some replacement dual disc cases for Cube pop down to CeX and buy copies of MoH Rising Sun for £1.50 each.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I bought these today I don't own a Pal Dreamcast but Pal Canon Spike was CIB for 99p not a game I'm familiar with.. But its Capcom and Cammy on King Arther are on there..

Don't own a N64 either but this was CIB

Also got my Bravely Default

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Cannon Spike is a really "rare" DC game. You can flip that on eBay for silly money. :lol:

Nice get on Bravely Default too.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:56 pm

speedlolita wrote:Cannon Spike is a really "rare" DC game. You can flip that on eBay for silly money. :lol:

I got Canon Spike in Cash Generator they also has Shenmue but wanted £18 for it as it was "Megarare" You've made my day with Canon Spike 8) I never realised it was a rare title and its surprisingly in really good condition..

I left a few pal Dreamcast games behind Shenmue 1, ECW, generic Flight simulator, Moho and Rainbow six or Soldier of Fortune generic FPS.. Would Shenmue be worth picking up at that price?

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:12 pm

If you don't want to play it then not really no.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

HaZ

Post by HaZ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Worth picking up Moho on the DC, and sending me that rushing beat shura in your super famicom :)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Shinobi wrote:
speedlolita wrote:Cannon Spike is a really "rare" DC game. You can flip that on eBay for silly money. :lol:

I got Canon Spike in Cash Generator they also has Shenmue but wanted £18 for it as it was "Megarare" You've made my day with Canon Spike 8) I never realised it was a rare title and its surprisingly in really good condition..

I left a few pal Dreamcast games behind Shenmue 1, ECW, generic Flight simulator, Moho and Rainbow six or Soldier of Fortune generic FPS.. Would Shenmue be worth picking up at that price?
How much was MoHo if you don't mind me asking?

And if it was cheap (ie less than £10), would you mind picking it up for me and I'll paypal you?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Moho goes for 60 - 75 on the bay grab it and flip it for xmas money if I was you :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:03 am

n1nty wrote:Moho goes for 60 - 75 on the bay grab it and flip it for xmas money if I was you :)
Hey Ninty not saw you on here in a while, managed to get some of those Super Famicom scrolling beat em ups you recommend, yet to Undercover Cops that's not sold for less than £200 :oops:

Moho was 99p and CIB, my friends also got a CIB pal copy played it a few years back and thought it was terrible.. Need a 'Ron Simmons' "damn' avatar for not picking that up.. All the Dreamcast games where 99p expect Shenmue as the guy said it sells for double that on Ebay..

Seeing they had 2 of the rarest Dreamcast games(Canon Spike & Moho) wish I had bought the other games.. They where a double pack of either Rainbow 6 or Soldier of Fortune(cover somebody in a gas mask wearing one of those hooded fur coats that all the women around here tend to wear

Driving Game like Crazy Taxi wasn't either Crazy Taxi or Taxi le Jue
Shenmue this was £18
ECW Wrestling
Chu Chu Rocket
Aero Wing 2 looked like a flight sim
Iron Eagle
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 am

Missed out on a couple of Rune Factory games at work cos some schmuck didnt turn up to work. Needless to say they went out at £2.99 each. I hope it was a forumite I really do.

Other than that not much lately bought the HELP compilation for 1.99 and Nuclear Strike for 1.00 on PS1.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 am

Picked up Rez and the Floigan Brothers on the DC. Both in excellent nick and complete and 1.50 each.
Going Solo...................

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:05 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Picked up Rez and the Floigan Brothers on the DC. Both in excellent nick and complete and 1.50 each.
Now thats a damn fine score. Had em both for similar amounts then stupidly sold them . Definitely kick myself for that.

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am

I bought a second had Wii there last week, came with nearly 70 titles, most of them Wii essentials, so I'll be kept busy of the Xmas holidays. Never had a proper go of a Wii until now, but enjoying the few games of the sizable stack I've gotten round to playing briefly. Standouts so far - Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, House of the Dead Overkill, Bit Trip complete, Madworld, Metroid Prime Corruption, Metroid The other M, SMB Wii, SMB anniversary collection.

Just need to get a copy of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess....