What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

shiftytigger

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Shinobi wrote:Following in Game

Alos left behind loads of PSP games for 99p SNK and Activision reloaded among others

If by any remote chance you go back there and they are there I will happily send you the cash for them. Also any others on my sales thread wants list - pretty much any PSP game for 99p could be worth a shot as trade fodder. All we ever get here are Pro evo games (though if theres a pro evo 2014 for 99p ill gladly spend that)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:30 am

shiftytigger wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Following in Game

Alos left behind loads of PSP games for 99p SNK and Activision reloaded among others

If by any remote chance you go back there and they are there I will happily send you the cash for them. Also any others on my sales thread wants list - pretty much any PSP game for 99p could be worth a shot as trade fodder. All we ever get here are Pro evo games (though if theres a pro evo 2014 for 99p ill gladly spend that)
If there still there I will pick them up.. The other 99p games where Dead Head Fred, game white cover picture of woman imagining a matchstick man, Rockstar game stereotype black guy in Headphones, Powerstone collection, Pococropolis and Lumines 1 + 2.. As I don't own a PSP any more don't really take much notice of the games as I only buy the RPG's for Nokgod.. I would imagine for 99p and 'BOGOF' those PSP games are probably long gone!

I know Game had loads of Rockstar games Warriors, GTA both platinum and normal releases, both God of Wars, and some overpriced Ben 10 games.. CEX and Cash Generator have tons of PSP games couldn't tell you what as I don't look at them
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Pretty sure dead head fred is a 505 game and a bit of a cult classic among budget game fans

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 pm

rednoggy wrote:Wii U premium with rayman and zombie u for £180 from amazon. Chuffed with that.
Nice! Exactly what I wanted but got up too late!! :?

ironmonger wrote:This came in the post this morning:

Image Image

The quality of this release is amazing - possibly better than an official release. The instruction manuals are printed in colour and the cart saves high scores. Had to wait for the cart release due to not owning a Jag CD, but it was worth the wait.
That looks like a really nice package. :D
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Need for Speed: The Rivals on PS4, looks very shiny! :)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:28 pm

flatapex wrote:Pretty sure dead head fred is a 505 game and a bit of a cult classic among budget game fans
You're into all these budget games, aren't you? :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:21 pm

nokgod wrote:
flatapex wrote:Pretty sure dead head fred is a 505 game and a bit of a cult classic among budget game fans
i used to work somewhere that sold a lot of them, with staff discount i paid about £7 on release for the good ones. had to sell virtually my entire collection about 5 years ago. it was about the same time i was at college part time and my mate used to buy loads of them first and lend them to me, to me its sort of nostalgia, same way my obsession with all things sega, retro 80s games and micro machines as these were what i associate with enjoying games with friends, i was never all that good at games as i have dyspraxia so i have virtually no hand-eye co-ordination.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:04 pm

flatapex wrote:
nokgod wrote:
i used to work somewhere that sold a lot of them, with staff discount i paid about £7 on release for the good ones. had to sell virtually my entire collection about 5 years ago. it was about the same time i was at college part time and my mate used to buy loads of them first and lend them to me, to me its sort of nostalgia, same way my obsession with all things sega, retro 80s games and micro machines as these were what i associate with enjoying games with friends, i was never all that good at games as i have dyspraxia so i have virtually no hand-eye co-ordination.
It looked awful with that green head in a Jar like a cheap mars attack rip off.. Same with the Midas and the Paint shop pro games like Hercule say Destroy all humans and Stubbs the Zombie in the charity shop thought they may have been the same game..

I also got Dyspraxia though I've been told I'm lying about it.. Always been good on games can 1cc quite a few 8) although its just my hand co-ordination that sucks :oops: For my condition videogames where a godsend how much its helped my co-ordination..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Shinobi wrote:
It looked awful with that green head in a Jar like a cheap mars attack rip off.. Same with the Midas and the Paint shop pro games like Hercule say Destroy all humans and Stubbs the Zombie in the charity shop thought they may have been the same game..

I also got Dyspraxia though I've been told I'm lying about it.. Always been good on games can 1cc quite a few 8) although its just my hand co-ordination that sucks :oops: For my condition videogames where a godsend how much its helped my co-ordination..
damn my idiotic brain, i was thinking of splatter master now THAT is an awesome artwork, by comparison dead head fred looks like the mock master system artwork i did for the sega 8 bit secret santa, except mine was very tongue in cheek, right down to using a kids drawing of santa as the picture to represent the awful hand drawn artworks of the late 80s on master system games

i got diagnosed with dyspraxia in the mid 80s (i am in my 30s now), back then it wasnt known, didnt have a name etc, no-one knew what it was and a lot of time was spent at hospital in my pre school years as no-one could understand why balance and co-ordination were such challenges for me. co-ordination is still a challenge, it really bugs me having to explain to employers why i cant talk and type at the same time and that all my co-ordination is taken up by doing one or the other, not both. and then the other week someone at work was going on about how i should cycle to work, i tried to explain while still be subtle that dyspraxia rules that out for me, he just didnt seem to want to leave it at that and i had to walk away before i went into very great detail about why he was wrong and how it affects different people differently

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:02 am

for Wii : A Shadow's Tale
for 3DS : Space Harrier 3D and Hang On 3D

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 am

flatapex wrote:
Shinobi wrote:

damn my idiotic brain, i was thinking of splatter master now THAT is an awesome artwork, by comparison dead head fred looks like the mock master system artwork i did for the sega 8 bit secret santa, except mine was very tongue in cheek, right down to using a kids drawing of santa as the picture to represent the awful hand drawn artworks of the late 80s on master system games

i got diagnosed with dyspraxia in the mid 80s (i am in my 30s now), back then it wasnt known, didnt have a name etc, no-one knew what it was and a lot of time was spent at hospital in my pre school years as no-one could understand why balance and co-ordination were such challenges for me. co-ordination is still a challenge, it really bugs me having to explain to employers why i cant talk and type at the same time and that all my co-ordination is taken up by doing one or the other, not both. and then the other week someone at work was going on about how i should cycle to work, i tried to explain while still be subtle that dyspraxia rules that out for me, he just didnt seem to want to leave it at that and i had to walk away before i went into very great detail about why he was wrong and how it affects different people differently
Dyspraxia is massively misunderstood as a condition. Far too many people who suffer from this were written off as clumsy or lazy before it became a more recognised condition. I suffer from it myself, and actually found videogames helped improve my co-ordination far more than any exercises my doctors gave me.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 am

Today's pick-ups from Kart Klub in Aldershot!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:35 am

My boy has dyspraxia too his coordination is improving thanks to my insistence on video game training. Im sure its not the reason but its still not something people seem to understand well.

We got discriminated against at a music group for kids with disabilities and SEN - because they said he looks normal.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 pm

shiftytigger wrote:My boy has dyspraxia too his coordination is improving thanks to my insistence on video game training. Im sure its not the reason but its still not something people seem to understand well.

We got discriminated against at a music group for kids with disabilities and SEN - because they said he looks normal.
Been there done that, according to SEN I was fine, I went through high school without anyone knowing, I was just terrible at art and pe, teachers didn't know or care because I didn't have special needs intervention. I am sure the decision to allow me to high school without intervention was partly down to playing video games from 1989, I left primary school in 92.

Do teachers understand it any better these days?

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 pm

ZombiU, WindWaker HD & Super Mario 3D World all on Wii U