What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

speedlolita

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by speedlolita » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Alarm wrote:
speedlolita wrote:Star Ocean is class.
As is Final Fantasy XII. Much better than X and X-2 in my opinion.
Still need to do XII..
Logged out 15/07/2014.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:18 pm

nokgod wrote:My thanks to shiftytigger for FFXII and Star Ocean! :D
Think they found a better home with you. Glad to oblige. I quite enjoyed what I played of Star Ocean (TTEOT) but Im sad to say FF XII never made it into my console.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:25 pm

£12.99 for a boxed light phaser, and £8 including shipping from germany for deep duck trouble for the master system

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:44 pm

that looks like someones wiped there arse one

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:that looks like someones wiped there arse one
you should remember from the sega8bit meet the camera on my phone is shocking :lol:

its a bit mucky on the box but its most likely just gunk from being in storage for years, it'll clean up i am certain of it

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:53 pm

By Thursday I was convinced that I might have nothing to list this week, since the one game i got in the post earlier that week didn't work. But then I went out Thursday afternoon, my g/f convinced me to check out a cash converters i don't go in anymore because they have hardly had any new stock for the year, and then on Friday I picked up some DS games in a deal at Gametraders, so Ive got a bit more than i expected to have this week.

Finally picked up Splatterhouse (360) I've always wanted it but waited for a decent price, I found it for $9. Fun gory game, but I can see the faults many people had with it when it came out years back, horrible loading times, cheap deaths and unforgiving checkpoints. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it, thanks to that combination of grief. Already Have a Japanese copy of Fahreniet, but i couldn't pass on a Pal copy for $3, and Trapt looks pretty interesting from what I have played of it. Modern Warfare 3 was cheap enough so i grabbed it but I can't play FPS on the Wii, it just drives me nuts.

Bought Railfan Taiwan off of a local seller on ebay for a few dollars, thought it would be something interesting for my collection but not fun to play. but I was surprised how much i got into it when i was testing it out. Picked up an Ex Rental copy of Game Of Thrones for $10, and doubt anyone rented it because the disc is mint. Played some of it this morning, and I thought i was going to hate it since it has that kind of battle system I hate, But I played the first chapter and had a lot of fun with it, I usually get lost in RPG menus with Skills, Abilities and Traits, but this game is really streamlined for someone not into RPGs, i picked everything up rather quickly, can't wait to play some more.

Found some decent DS games, they are all pretty good. And won War Gods cheap enough off ebay, one of those horrible fighters that i get a kick out of.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:51 am

Bought myself a boxed & complete Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS off ebay with Super Mario 3d Land, Fifa 12 3D, SSF IV 3D (gah! I HATE Street FIghter!!!) and Splinter Cell 3D, for £130 including postage. So, it looks like SSF IV and FIFA might be off to CEX when they come through.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:15 am

imaxeroker85 wrote: Image

Found some decent DS games, they are all pretty good. And won War Gods cheap enough off ebay, one of those horrible fighters that i get a kick out of.
You have Crazy f**king frong in the picture,

THAT STATEMENT IS WRONG!!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:47 am

^ Doubly wrong as I have Cartoon Network Racing - it lulls you into a false sense of security for the first few tracks then their layouts suddenly become incredibly convoluted and confusing. Not to mention the vehicles handle like absolute crap and some are even too wide to go through certain paths that you need to take to have a chance of winning!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:55 am

nokgod wrote:
speedlolita wrote:Star Ocean is class.
Good to know! Rogue Galaxy is eating my time at the moment, though.
Star Ocean is baaaaad. Final Fantasy XII however is the best game ever made. Buy a US version though, much better.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 am

Pictures say a thousand words :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm

nokgod wrote:This week's incoming:

My thanks to shiftytigger for FFXII and Star Ocean! :D
Lovely :) . I only have the bottom two myself thus far. Have the first three Disgaea games but have been too scared to even start on the first one in case it owns me. One day soon...
DPrinny wrote:
imaxeroker85 wrote: Image

You have Crazy f**king frong in the picture,

THAT STATEMENT IS WRONG!!
I'm just amazed that there even exists a 'Price is Right' game. Also the fact that the font on the cover looks like the GTA logo.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Xtincthed

Post by Xtincthed » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:27 pm

This week was one of the best weeks I've ever had. Not just a lot of great games but also a truly one of a kind collector's item that was unknown to exist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYTcuQdb6qU
Dr. Retro's Video Game Channel
Website - Youtube - Facebook - Twitter
Playstation Collecting Community

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Megamixer wrote: I'm just amazed that there even exists a 'Price is Right' game. Also the fact that the font on the cover looks like the GTA logo.
GTA font, its easy to get

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:39 pm

n1nty wrote:Pictures say a thousand words :D

Great looking condition I must say