What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:27 am

Dead Or Alive Limited Edition - Japanese Saturn £10

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 am

Traded in some of my PS2 fodder at CEX and used some of it to grab a few PSP titles that had shown up there.

Impossible Mission - at £2.00 it was so very cheap and includes the C64 version so already worth it.
Dungeon Siege (Throne of Agony) - Some kind of dungeon crawlery adventure thing - never heard of it.
Warriors of the Lost empire - See last game.

Okay so I may not play the last 2 much but theyre out of the usual cut n paste games CEX normally have in and its more in my collection.
Sadly the only one I really wanted to try they couldnt find. I found Mytran Wars on the shelf but they had lost the disc - really looked right up my street too. Ah well.
Image

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9627
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:01 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Dungeon Siege (Throne of Agony) - Some kind of dungeon crawlery adventure thing - never heard of it.
'sgood. :) Not as good as Baldur's Gate....but definitely worth a play. There was also a PS3 game. Dungeon Siege III....which got average ratings (unfairly, imo) If you like BG:Dark Alliance or the Champions games, it'll be up your alley. If not, then don't play it.
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Did a CEX run and traded in Gears of War Judgement along with some anime dvds. Got around £30 and got these all in good condition. Passed up a battered copy of Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2. Still have credit spare though :D

Image

I loved THUG so will be nice to finally play the 2nd. Jade Cocoon and FF CC are two Ive played before. Champions is there as a more casual RPG for me to dip in and out of.

User avatar
van
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by van » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 pm

^^ THUG 2 is terrific, one of my favorite in the series ^^

Found these for 99 cents each at thrift store...

Image

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 pm

nokgod wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Dungeon Siege (Throne of Agony) - Some kind of dungeon crawlery adventure thing - never heard of it.
'sgood. :) Not as good as Baldur's Gate....but definitely worth a play. There was also a PS3 game. Dungeon Siege III....which got average ratings (unfairly, imo) If you like BG:Dark Alliance or the Champions games, it'll be up your alley. If not, then don't play it.
Im going to give em all a try in a little while (after my baked potato and smoky bacon).

I vaguely remember seeing a copy of DS3 on xbox at work may be why it rang a bell as I bought it. I've never really given time to Baldurs or Champions of Norrath , think I have Baldurs on cube and ive got rid of most of my Ps2 stuff.
Image

User avatar
Alarm
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 am
Location: UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Alarm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Here's some other stuff I purchased recently:

Image

Image

User avatar
Analog
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Analog » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 pm

rebelstar tactical command for the gameboy advance, brand new sealed £6.33.

this is the ebay store that has it for those interested,they have quite a few left;
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rarewaves/

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:10 am

This just arrived.

Sleeve and box in good condition, all paperwork and the mariokark + zelda bonus disc in really nice condition.

to get it all complete in good condition is a bargain tat that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Gamc ... true&rt=nc

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 am

Analog wrote:rebelstar tactical command for the gameboy advance, brand new sealed £6.33.

this is the ebay store that has it for those interested,they have quite a few left;
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rarewaves/
Thats gone up from when I bought it from them. Works out at £4.91 if you buy it from their amazon store :wink: same seller rarewaves

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 am

Sega Ages 2500 Volume 12 Puyo Puyo - PS2

Shienryu - Sega Saturn

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Sega Ages 2500 Volume 12 Puyo Puyo - PS2

Shienryu - Sega Saturn
How many Sega Ages sets do you have now? I only have the Monster World & Gunstar Heores Treasure Box. Does anyone know if the Phantasy Star ones have English language option

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25180
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 am

Black Ridge wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Sega Ages 2500 Volume 12 Puyo Puyo - PS2

Shienryu - Sega Saturn
How many Sega Ages sets do you have now? I only have the Monster World & Gunstar Heores Treasure Box. Does anyone know if the Phantasy Star ones have English language option
Sure one of them has it for the games that came out in the UK

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:45 am

11/33
Black Ridge wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Sega Ages 2500 Volume 12 Puyo Puyo - PS2

Shienryu - Sega Saturn
How many Sega Ages sets do you have now? I only have the Monster World & Gunstar Heores Treasure Box. Does anyone know if the Phantasy Star ones have English language option
11/33 Slowly plugging away, enjoying it so far

User avatar
Analog
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Analog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Analog wrote:rebelstar tactical command for the gameboy advance, brand new sealed £6.33.

this is the ebay store that has it for those interested,they have quite a few left;
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rarewaves/
Thats gone up from when I bought it from them. Works out at £4.91 if you buy it from their amazon store :wink: same seller rarewaves

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
god damn! lol. oh well, I suppose it beats some of the prices I see going for a used copy on ebay.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests