What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Black Ridge

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 am

Went to the market today and got these 3

£2.50 each but i got all three for £6.50 after a bit of haggling. I knew Michigan and DB were expensive but i didnt realize how expensive. The last UK copy of Michigan went for £50+ and DB went for £28

Im going to hell for haggling

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:12 am

Nice!! I love the feeling of getting a result. 8)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 am

nokgod wrote:Nice!! I love the feeling of getting a result. 8)
Well ive wanted to give those two a go for a while but im never prepared to fork out. Gunbird is awesome too and loved 2 on DC. Funny thing is the person was selling Spyro and Resi games on PS2 for £5each because they were the 'expensive' ones.

Its good to know my knowledge pays off sometimes 8)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

Black Ridge wrote:
Well ive wanted to give those two a go for a while but im never prepared to fork out. Gunbird is awesome too and loved 2 on DC. Funny thing is the person was selling Spyro and Resi games on PS2 for £5each because they were the 'expensive' ones.

Indeed. Knowledge is power. I've seen it at carboots where they're fighting over a tatty copy of Final Fantasy VII and i've wandered over and picked up something that's more valuable but has sat there untouched because its not one of the 'common rares' :? :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 pm

imaxeroker85 wrote:So stoked I picked up GTA 2 with Slave Zero for $20 together, Ive been wanting GTA 2 on the DC since i bought the console, and was lucky to find such a great deal, also Slave Zero isn't too bad.
You should buy a new camera. :D
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Black Ridge wrote:

Especially since your Michigan looks like the proper UK release (judging by the BBFC logo) which is much harder to come across than the continental Europe version which I have. Very nice finds 8)

Michigan is a very weird but unique game worth playing (I completed loads of times earlier this year to get different endings etc.) but yours will also be worth something with the collectors if you decide to get rid.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah that's an amazing price for Michigan. I've been wanting to try it out for some time now but haven't come across a copy that's around the price I want to pay. I'm sure I saw it on amazon a few times for around the £25-30 mark, should have picked it up then.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Picked up Infamous 2 from Blockbuster this morning, worked out at about 8 quid which I didn't think was too bad.
Splink!

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Megamixer wrote: Especially since your Michigan looks like the proper UK release (judging by the BBFC logo) which is much harder to come across than the continental Europe version which I have. Very nice finds 8)
Thats what surprised me too. How is it that someone comes to own such sought after uncommon games yet will have them sold at a carboot/market for so little. Especially seeing as the owner was under strict instruction from her son to sell certain ones for more? Regardless, im not complaining, just baffled at what I managed to get today for so little.

I have some new Saturn 'gets' too this week. Been a decent couple of weeks of selling and buying bits I want with the funds.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Black Ridge wrote:

Thats a damn fine price on a pal Michigen I used to have the french pal version and I paid about £12 for it from a seller with a lot of Negative feedback(next cheapest was £70) and they actually sent it... Very good game as well remember seeing it on Videogaiden!! People here where knocking as the levels where too short; not realising they they where failing to save the Reporters, hence the levels ending quickly.. The first reporter who turns into that Half Woman/Spider and keeps re-appearing like Tryant from the Resi games.. For example can save the second reporter by shooting the shutters on Spider woman when she's chasing you hence you get a much longer level..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Finally got a cheap Limited edition and complete Last Story

Load of £1 GBA games there was extra games in with the boxed games so got a few freebies

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:09 am

Just 2 for me this weekend.

1) Deus Ex Directors Cut (PS3)
2) Deadpool (PS3)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 am

ooooh! looky what just arrived all the way from Conneticut :D

set it up and it works beautifully....

Very pleased indeed. I just need some games i want to play now. :lol: Megaman ain't my thing!

On a PAL note, the only incoming rpg this week is this one:

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:14 am

Nice one Nok! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any NTSC RPGs for ya :wink:

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 am

Black Ridge wrote:Nice one Nok! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any NTSC RPGs for ya :wink:
I think Michigan was a bargain, I paid a lot for my copy. It's probably the best game on PS2, almost.