What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am

AceGrace wrote:Do you have La Pucelle Tactics? That one is quite hard to come by now.
Unfortunately not :( . I think I'm missing La Pucelle, Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave from my PS2 Nippon Ichi collection. I have all three Atelier Iris games, both Ar Tonelico's and both Disgaea's so I don't think there are any more unless I've just forgotten.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Nope, I think you are right. That is all of them.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:
AceGrace wrote:Do you have La Pucelle Tactics? That one is quite hard to come by now.
Unfortunately not :( . I think I'm missing La Pucelle, Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave from my PS2 Nippon Ichi collection. I have all three Atelier Iris games, both Ar Tonelico's and both Disgaea's so I don't think there are any more unless I've just forgotten.
I'm missing the Ar Tonelico's and Disgaea 2 from mine. The A.T. games aren't cheap are they? Jeez. Still, i always knew the rpg's wouldn't be a cheap proposition. Can't make it too easy on myself.... :lol: Anyway.....these are my RPG's for the week :D :

Don't think i'll be buying too many more this side of Xmas....but i say that to myself every week :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:12 pm

I'd be impressed if you ever complete all those RPGs you've been buying Nokgod. :wink:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 pm

speedlolita wrote:I'd be impressed if you ever complete all those RPGs you've been buying Nokgod. :wink:
I'm having a go! Getting through Dark Cloud as we speak. Just onto the fourth village and about 25 hours in. Some of the games i've already completed...either recently or back in the day. It still leaves me with about 40 games untouched and let's say an average of 50 hrs a game....hmmm.. 2000+ hours of playtime :shock:

Well i did want something to do over the winter.... :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 pm

DPrinny wrote:
commanderkaiser wrote: Jump Ultimate Stars (Japanese obviously) £25
Online for it is probably long dead, but when I did play it online it kinda put me off online gaming.
I know there Dragonball Z characters but theres no need to stand there charging up all the battle then all ganging up on me when I try to play the sodding game is NOT FUN!
Yeah it's more than likely dead, unfortunately I never got the chance to play either this or the previous one Superstars online. I did play it with a few friends occasionaly quite a long time ago back when we were all at school and we all had flash carts. I found it pretty okay with friends but I can see how easily the game could just become horrible online.
pratty wrote:
commanderkaiser wrote:Kirby Mass Attack (unfortunately was just cart and manual) £2
Well played sir, that is bargain!!

As for me, I finally picked up Little King's Story on the Wii.
Yeah saw it at the carboot and they had just the manuals out as a precaution against thieves (the cart was locked away in a box somewhere), I kind of hoped the box was and cover art were hidden away too but sadly not. But for £2 I was more than happy to grab it. As for Little King's Story it really is a fantastic game, haven't actually finished it yet though.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm

AceGrace wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote:It's saying Banpresto will get you a pic up tomorrow(covers very risque).. Do you have a X Box as I give you it all the thing you give me? I'm looking every day in Cex for the rpg's on your list... They have several Dark Clouds and something called Phantom Brave, never knew that Magna Carta existed let alone a PS2 version.. That 1p pinball book arrived and its minty I think you'd like it it's more a visual picture book of pinball tables...
Oh wow, Phantom Brave - that's one I've been after for a bit. How much is it if you don't mind me asking? I went into CEX today and despite the massive rack of PS2 games, they had nothing worth buying aside from the original Kingdom Hearts which I need to re-buy but not at £10 for a copy in manky condition :roll: . The only other decent thing was a £4 copy of Valkyrie Profile 2 but I already have that (amazing game).

The prices in CEX are pretty terrible. The likes of GTA San Andreas on original Xbox was £20 for example. I know it's worth more on Xbox than PS2 but not that much :|
Do you have La Pucelle Tactics? That one is quite hard to come by now.
I used to have 2 copies of La Puculle I gave one to Rinoa for Christmas as I was her secret Santa and the other one to Nokgod.. I Originally bought them in Gamestation in the 3 for £10 along with Echo Night Beyond.. If I see another copy in town I will pick it up for you, CEX is good for PS2 and I'd say cheap to boot except the Shadow Hearts games.. Brilliant game when I unlocked 'Eclair' as a playable character it got solid.. My Monsters where breezing through it but then the new Monsters like the Mermaids where really unfair
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:46 pm

commanderkaiser wrote:
DPrinny wrote:
commanderkaiser wrote: Jump Ultimate Stars (Japanese obviously) £25
Online for it is probably long dead, but when I did play it online it kinda put me off online gaming.
I know there Dragonball Z characters but theres no need to stand there charging up all the battle then all ganging up on me when I try to play the sodding game is NOT FUN!
Yeah it's more than likely dead, unfortunately I never got the chance to play either this or the previous one Superstars online. I did play it with a few friends occasionaly quite a long time ago back when we were all at school and we all had flash carts. I found it pretty okay with friends but I can see how easily the game could just become horrible online.
You WILL need a translation guide for the missions, unless you can read Japanese

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 pm

edited should have been pm
Last edited by Shinobi on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:54 pm

And here's this weeks games Phantasy Star I had of Roo 8)

I also finally managed to get Williams Pinball Classic on the 360 that games been evading me for a while :?

Last edited by Shinobi on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:45 am

Picked up Professor Layton & Pandora's Box and Homefront in the three for two, along with the brother in laws present. Erll, it would have been rude not too :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Well, I never though I would buy one.... but I brought a GameGadget from funstock.co.uk, they were going for £25 and I fancied having something to throw around and play emulators on, looks more achivable now with the OpenSource Firmware. Arrived today, really don't know where they got the £80-odd retail price from at launch, the build quality isn't that good...can't use the modded firmware yet, the SD card I had knocking around is too old and is not bootable by the device :roll: .

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:44 pm

nokgod wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
I'm missing the Ar Tonelico's and Disgaea 2 from mine. The A.T. games aren't cheap are they? Jeez. Still, i always knew the rpg's wouldn't be a cheap proposition. Can't make it too easy on myself.... :lol: Anyway.....these are my RPG's for the week :D :

Don't think i'll be buying too many more this side of Xmas....but i say that to myself every week :wink:
Well I forgot Mana Khemia which is also an NIS game but I have that anyway :wink: . It's too bad that you've just started your collection now I guess as I bought Ar Tonelico 2 on the day of release from Play.com and I'm sure it was sub-£20. The first one only got released in Italy I think which is why it's rare. The sequel was published by NIS themselves rather than 505 so it should be easier to get.

Nice RPG pick-ups. I still need Stella Deus as I did pick it up on the cheap once but sold it as there was no manual :roll: . It's an Atlus game isn't it? I'm sure the artwork is reminscent of the Persona games.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA) - cart only but for £1.99 it would have been rude not to.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:31 pm

I got this official PlayStation memory Card holder case thing...

It's Japan only from what I can tell, and not for sale...

It's a nice item anyway. And official.

I also got a large box of goodies from Japan, but it's an effort to share it all.
Last edited by retrojc on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.