What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:03 pm

nakamura wrote:
nokgod wrote:
Shinobi wrote: Also a 360 RPG Magna Carta which I've never heard off...
That a 505 game? THere was one of the same name on the PS2 which i'm findinbg quite hard to come by at a reasonable price.
I played the demo and it was rather lovely.
Those 505 rpg's are a bit tricky to locate. Saying that, i've got one on the way :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:11 pm

nokgod wrote:Some nice bits in this pic:

Metal Slug was from Megamixer and Ico and the Zelda soundtrack was from Shinobi via the rn+ thread

cheers fellas! :D

Also had this little gem drop through the letterbox....completely forgotten i'd pre-ordered it :shock: :lol:

Love the metal slug gba boxart. Jap gba boxes are excellent. Love my jap final fight box, jumps on the pal release from a great height.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Yeah that Metal Slug looks fantastic, another thing I didn't realise I wanted till I came on here :lol:

Have picked up 2 DS games although these are for trade or sale and 1 3DS game (which I'll be keeping)

Infinite Space
Aliens Infestation
The Sims 3 Pets

Not this week but over the past few weeks I've been adding to my DS collection (pretty sure I've not posted about these on here yet) but I picked up

Chrono Trigger (USA Version) £25
Jump Ultimate Stars (Japanese obviously) £25
Dragon Quest Realms of Reverie
Dragon Quest The Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (These three Dragon Quest games were 3 for 2 at game and were about £24 or so)
Dragon Quest The Chapters of the Chosen £15
Bomberman (USA version) £3
Kirby Mass Attack (unfortunately was just cart and manual) £2

Seems a lot now I've typed it out :lol: but this has all been over the past couple of weeks/months so I guess thats not too bad.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

nokgod wrote:
That a 505 game? THere was one of the same name on the PS2 which i'm findinbg quite hard to come by at a reasonable price.
It's saying Banpresto will get you a pic up tomorrow(covers very risque).. Do you have a X Box as I give you it all the thing you give me? I'm looking every day in Cex for the rpg's on your list... They have several Dark Clouds and something called Phantom Brave, never knew that Magna Carta existed let alone a PS2 version.. That 1p pinball book arrived and its minty I think you'd like it it's more a visual picture book of pinball tables...
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 pm

commanderkaiser wrote: Jump Ultimate Stars (Japanese obviously) £25
Online for it is probably long dead, but when I did play it online it kinda put me off online gaming.
I know there Dragonball Z characters but theres no need to stand there charging up all the battle then all ganging up on me when I try to play the sodding game is NOT FUN!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:42 am

Shinobi wrote:
nokgod wrote:
It's saying Banpresto will get you a pic up tomorrow(covers very risque).. Do you have a X Box as I give you it all the thing you give me? I'm looking every day in Cex for the rpg's on your list... They have several Dark Clouds and something called Phantom Brave, never knew that Magna Carta existed let alone a PS2 version.. That 1p pinball book arrived and its minty I think you'd like it it's more a visual picture book of pinball tables...
No mate, i don't have an Xbox, but thank you anyway. Thanks for keeping an eye open for me, you are a star! That pinball book sounds perfect too. Will have to send you a revised list of what i'm after.....i've picked a few more PS2 rpg's this week. I'll pop a picture up of my latest acquisitions tomorrow. :D

Also been HUGELY tempted to buy one of THESE but managed to resist so far. I can see me caving before too long. I forsee a new sale thread happening imminently.... :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:21 am

This came through the letterbox just now. Didn't even know it existed until the other day.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:38 am

commanderkaiser wrote:Kirby Mass Attack (unfortunately was just cart and manual) £2
Well played sir, that is bargain!!

As for me, I finally picked up Little King's Story on the Wii.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:08 am

AceGrace wrote:This came through the letterbox just now. Didn't even know it existed until the other day.
Bloody SNK games and there limited Pal realeses

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:37 am

Street Fighter 3rd Strike - Dreamcast. Japanese £12

Forgotten Worlds - Megadrive. Japanese £11

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:01 am

AceGrace wrote:This came through the letterbox just now. Didn't even know it existed until the other day.

How much did you pay for it? I never knew it came out on PS2. Seen the PC version cheap but i like my SNK collections on PS2.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 am

Shinobi wrote:It's saying Banpresto will get you a pic up tomorrow(covers very risque).. Do you have a X Box as I give you it all the thing you give me? I'm looking every day in Cex for the rpg's on your list... They have several Dark Clouds and something called Phantom Brave, never knew that Magna Carta existed let alone a PS2 version.. That 1p pinball book arrived and its minty I think you'd like it it's more a visual picture book of pinball tables...
Oh wow, Phantom Brave - that's one I've been after for a bit. How much is it if you don't mind me asking? I went into CEX today and despite the massive rack of PS2 games, they had nothing worth buying aside from the original Kingdom Hearts which I need to re-buy but not at £10 for a copy in manky condition :roll: . The only other decent thing was a £4 copy of Valkyrie Profile 2 but I already have that (amazing game).

The prices in CEX are pretty terrible. The likes of GTA San Andreas on original Xbox was £20 for example. I know it's worth more on Xbox than PS2 but not that much :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:24 am

That is one of my holy grails where did you buy it from? There's a solitary copy on Ebay for £90 and some Dodgy french site is selling it for 67.99 francs but not saw it anywhere else.. I'm assuming Sengoku's a European release?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:19 am

Apparently it was only released in France.

It cost me £65 on ebay 2 days ago. A bit expensive but it apparently doesn't come up that often for sale and I have all of the other PS2 PAL SNK releases so I had to have it.

:D

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:35 am

Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote:It's saying Banpresto will get you a pic up tomorrow(covers very risque).. Do you have a X Box as I give you it all the thing you give me? I'm looking every day in Cex for the rpg's on your list... They have several Dark Clouds and something called Phantom Brave, never knew that Magna Carta existed let alone a PS2 version.. That 1p pinball book arrived and its minty I think you'd like it it's more a visual picture book of pinball tables...
Oh wow, Phantom Brave - that's one I've been after for a bit. How much is it if you don't mind me asking? I went into CEX today and despite the massive rack of PS2 games, they had nothing worth buying aside from the original Kingdom Hearts which I need to re-buy but not at £10 for a copy in manky condition :roll: . The only other decent thing was a £4 copy of Valkyrie Profile 2 but I already have that (amazing game).

The prices in CEX are pretty terrible. The likes of GTA San Andreas on original Xbox was £20 for example. I know it's worth more on Xbox than PS2 but not that much :|
Do you have La Pucelle Tactics? That one is quite hard to come by now.