What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

HaZ

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by HaZ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Only retro I've found in the last couple of months, but it was a pleasant surprise. GBA games from ebay.

Roo

Post by Roo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Blockbuster appear to be selling all of their pre-owned games priced at £10.99 or under for 70% off. They had an absolute ton of cheap games across all the major consoles (no Wii U, but Vita, PS2 and everything in between). It might be worth checking your local Blockbuster out.

As relevant to this thread, I only had four quid on me, so spent it on Dead or Alive: Dimensions (3DS) for £3 and - get this - No More Heroes on Wii for 89p. Top banana.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:Same as above but for PS3 :mrgreen:

First order with Shopto and I'm bloody impressed that it's here this morning. Been playing it for a few hours since I've got a day off and I have to say that I love it already. My only complaint is that big battles can get a bit messy and confusing with so many sprites on-screen at once but it's largely a moot point. The game is beautiful in a way that only Vanillaware games can be and I think I'll enjoy it as much as the likes of Odin Sphere and Muramasa.

I'm playing as a Fighter but have also started a second character (Sorceress). You can't have both player characters in one team and each character has to start the game from the beginning again but you can share items between the two so item/weapon pick-ups useless for my fighter can go to my sorceress and vice-versa.
Have got confirmation through from Amazon mine's due tomorrow. The item sharing mechanic sounds very nice, should make starting over as a new char that little bit more bearable.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm

First order with Shopto and I'm bloody impressed that it's here this morning. Been playing it for a few hours since I've got a day off and I have to say that I love it already. My only complaint is that big battles can get a bit messy and confusing with so many sprites on-screen at once but it's largely a moot point. The game is beautiful in a way that only Vanillaware games can be and I think I'll enjoy it as much as the likes of Odin Sphere and Muramasa.

I'm playing as a Fighter but have also started a second character (Sorceress). You can't have both player characters in one team and each character has to start the game from the beginning again but you can share items between the two so item/weapon pick-ups useless for my fighter can go to my sorceress and vice-versa.

Same as me my PS3 Dragons Crown arrived off Shop To yesterday and the free artbook is really nice.. Alsa had today off I've been playing it quite a bit... I'm playing as the elf she plays quite a bit like the Elf of Capcom D&D Combat wise with her dragon punch kick thing that juggles them, etc.. I've powered her up a bit and she can use magic and her sliding kick does damage.. I like as well how you got different outcome which appear to affect the story differently..

Also had Jap PS2 Onechanbra 3 which you very kindly sent me for free, and Dues Ex limited edition from a trade with G Man on her.. I'm sure there is more but I can't remember
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

van

Post by van » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:23 am

van wrote:Image

when i saw that Wii U with The Wind Waker is was suddenly tempted to buy it, but, and i have this with all recent hardware editions that employ this, the fact that the included game isn't a physical release but a download code makes me to hold off to do it

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 am

Sel Feena wrote:Have got confirmation through from Amazon mine's due tomorrow. The item sharing mechanic sounds very nice, should make starting over as a new char that little bit more bearable.
It is but bear in mind that equipment is level-capped so you'll have to identify the stuff with the most favourable effects/benefits, not sell it and wait until your second character is a high enough level to equip it. I've found that the equipment you find seems to roughly match your current character level so you won't be finding lower level stuff to instantly pass down to a weaker, second playthrough character.

Also, just did a guild quest that introduced riding on beasts like in Golden Axe :D
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:45 am

It is an excellent game, isn't it? :) Really enjoyed it myself so far and the visuals look stunning. As for Shopto, best games retailer on the internet IMHO. You get a good amount of loyalty points from them, and so far in the 3 years and over 100 things I've bought from them, I've only had 1 item turn up a day late (GTA V) but I put that down to Royal Mail more than Shopto. I bought Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition and Pokemon Y (for my nephew) from them this week, both turned up yesterday :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:06 am

S.C.I. - PC Engine.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:28 pm

van wrote:Image

Tempting but the code would end up going on a trade thread as I prefer discs
This guy are sick

Evander

Post by Evander » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:32 am

NAM-75 (Neo Geo) £20. Bit pants to be honest

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Super Famicom) £12. Love it!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:00 am

This weeks PS2 role playing goodness:

My thanks to Megamixer for all the Shin Megami Tensei games along with Steambot Chronicles. Looking forward to trying out Odin Sphere....i think that might be my next game, after i finish Dark Cloud.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:11 am

These two arrived in the post this week. Was hoping Paper Mario would turn up too...oh well.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:09 pm

That will do

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:40 am

nokgod wrote:This weeks PS2 role playing goodness:

My thanks to Megamixer for all the Shin Megami Tensei games along with Steambot Chronicles. Looking forward to trying out Odin Sphere....i think that might be my next game, after i finish Dark Cloud.
No problem, glad they all came through okay. I think you'll like Odin Sphere. It's certainly one of my personal 'top' games and still my favourite Vanillaware release :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.