What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

silvergunner

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by silvergunner » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Had the Mina figure from a swap with my Friend she's massive
That's no way to talk about a friend saying she is massive :lol: :wink:

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm

There was a Magna Carta for sale on Cash Converters website yesterday (along with some Vectrex games). Sadly I dont plough any time into RPG games much at the moment - think I might start Grandia again though as its my favourite.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm

nakamura wrote:
nokgod wrote:Cheers for that list Josh, what a star! :D

I'm off to a good start. A quick count up tells me i already have 43 of those titles.
Do you plan on ever going out again?

No, i've spent all my money on the house this year. Can't afford to go out ever again.... :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Taito Legends for a fiver and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for £1.50. M.A.T 3 is ok, bit ho hum really. STUN Runner, Super Off Road, Badlands, Hydro Thunder and that other Thunder game are the best ones. Rush 2048 and Rush: The Rock havent aged well, and are in fact gash :( Then, this morning I had Xyanide Resurrection pop through the letter box. It's on ok game, nothing worth shouting about. Got it for about £2, so cant complain. Some good features on it, but it's just ho hum (again). Might plough through it at some point then get rid.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Picked up NBA 2K13 for the Wii U for 8 quid, Jay Z has had a hand in it so there's your guarantee of quality.
Splink!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Taito Legends for a fiver and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for £1.50. M.A.T 3 is ok, bit ho hum really. STUN Runner, Super Off Road, Badlands, Hydro Thunder and that other Thunder game are the best ones. Rush 2048 and Rush: The Rock havent aged well, and are in fact gash :( Then, this morning I had Xyanide Resurrection pop through the letter box. It's on ok game, nothing worth shouting about. Got it for about £2, so cant complain. Some good features on it, but it's just ho hum (again). Might plough through it at some point then get rid.
midway 3 is fantastic, i bought it a few months ago just for super off road, its my all time favourite game and a total ballache to get at a decent price, plus its the arcade version that holds the most memories for me, cost about £4 including postage off amazon, i got the rest of the midway series from cash converters for £1 each.

got the master system version of super off road a while back too, cost about £12 delivered from germany, but its mint condition (box and manual look brand new) one of the prized items of my ms collection which is the largest of my console collections

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:30 am

Picked up a couple of 360 titles Monkey Island £10 from ebay & Zone of Enders £9.87, traded in a COD & had 3.12 on my reward card, dont know how havent bought anything from there since that went bust.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

All the PS2 and Gamecube games cost me £1 each excluding the 360 games the Sparky book I picked up for Twoheadedboy

I had these off Spiffer Rabbit from a trade

I bought Warioware of Dam the other games I found in the attic, I'm sure Nokgod will end up getting the Jap GBA games.. The orange one is Empire of Steel

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 am

Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition for Wii U, brand new for $9.95.
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am

This Stuff= This Week

Bleh

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:47 pm

A sky blue DS Lite with a broken hinge for a couple of quid - the plan is to swap out the screens and buttons with my existing white one (which has a top screen full of stuck pixels and a bottom screen with weird circular scratches).

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:A sky blue DS Lite with a broken hinge for a couple of quid - the plan is to swap out the screens and buttons with my existing white one (which has a top screen full of stuck pixels and a bottom screen with weird circular scratches).
mine is a sky blue one too, paid about £40 second hand about 4 years ago

why not just fix the hinges? is it not easier to do that?

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Picked up Rayman Legends and Sniper Elite 2 on PS3, FIFA 14 on 360. Very rare I pick up stuff these days. Got Unirally and Gradius 3 on SNES from Felgekarp.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:38 pm

flatapex wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:A sky blue DS Lite with a broken hinge for a couple of quid - the plan is to swap out the screens and buttons with my existing white one (which has a top screen full of stuck pixels and a bottom screen with weird circular scratches).
mine is a sky blue one too, paid about £40 second hand about 4 years ago

why not just fix the hinges? is it not easier to do that?
It wasn't broken in the normal way, there was actually a chunk of plastic missing from the casing. That's why I was going to put the guts from the blue one in the white casing and have me a nice custom DS with two good screens.

However, even after watching various YouTube tutorials and general meticulous preparation, I screwed up royal as the thin orangey ribbon that connects the top screen to the mobo tore in two.

Ah well, needed a new(ish) DS anyway so it's time to raid under the mattress and live off economy rice for a fortnight...

ciderman

Post by ciderman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 am

Well, I bought GTAV:CE, then realised I was a little long in the tooth for a Los Santos baseball cap, so I sold it for what I paid and got the regular edition instead!
I also have bought Parodius Deluxe for the PS and Super Puyo for the Jap Snes. Far Cry 3 was also picked up, and I was given a copy of Lost Planet 3, which I'll more than likely never get around to!
Colecovision under repair! Superior Donkey Kong incoming!!