What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nesmaster

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nesmaster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:09 pm

A boxed Atari Jaguar for £40. Also bought Doom on the Jag too.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:52 pm

skodathegreat wrote:Picked up a few uninteresting games from the car boot sale.

Resident Evil 4 (PS2 steel book) - was in really good condition, worth a quid I thought.
Sonic 2 (SMS) - never played this on the Master System and its complete in v. good condition
GTA San Andreas (PS2) - complete, again never owned this when it was released, so good to have for a bit
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance (GC)

I have also been handed (from the wife's childhood) a boxed NES control deck and loose SNES console.
I haven't tried the NES yet, but having issues with the SNES. gets power OK, but can't get the bloody thing to output AV (either that or the TV isn't recognising it). :(
did you get it working dude?

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:12 pm

flatapex wrote:

Resident Evil 4 (PS2 steel book) - was in really good condition, worth a quid I thought.
Sonic 2 (SMS) - never played this on the Master System and its complete in v. good condition
GTA San Andreas (PS2) - complete, again never owned this when it was released, so good to have for a bit

I have also been handed (from the wife's childhood) a boxed NES control deck and loose SNES console.
I haven't tried the NES yet, but having issues with the SNES. gets power OK, but can't get the bloody thing to output AV (either that or the TV isn't recognising it). :(
Nah :( but haven't given up yet.
The NES also seems to be a bit poorly too. I I never owned a NES myself, so not sure of their faults and flaws.
Got the flashing grey screen and power light, which from what I can tell is a good indication of a dodgy 72 pin connector, or dirty pins / cartridge. Unfortunately the console ha been stored (for over a decade probably) with the cartridge in it.

Will try giving it all a clean when I have a spare hour.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:45 pm

skodathegreat wrote:
flatapex wrote:

Nah :( but haven't given up yet.
The NES also seems to be a bit poorly too. I I never owned a NES myself, so not sure of their faults and flaws.
Got the flashing grey screen and power light, which from what I can tell is a good indication of a dodgy 72 pin connector, or dirty pins / cartridge. Unfortunately the console ha been stored (for over a decade probably) with the cartridge in it.

pinch cotton buds off the missus, i used to sell snes consoles about 10 years ago and they get gunked up very easily

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 am

skodathegreat wrote: Nah :( but haven't given up yet.

disable the 10NES chip, did it to mine and have had next to no problems with it since
Even plays imports now...........

Should point out that if I can do it almost anone that can hold a pair of nail clippers can

Katamario

Post by Katamario » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:58 am

I just received a free Nintendo Wii. Free. My mother had a "broken" Wii and decided she was just going to buy a new one, and destroy the other one to get the disc out. So I said, hey if I can get the disc out without breaking it, can I keep it to get it fixed? She said yes, and let me keep the game as well. Turns out the console is fine, the power cord is just frayed. So its a $7 fix for a Wii and Mario Kart.

I haven't gotten too into the modern Nintendo games, I'm a huge collector for anything up till N64, particularly NES, and I own a Gamecube, but I never played Mario Sunshine or Galaxy or any of the modern Zelda's. I know I've missed out, and I'm kinda excited now, planning to focus more on the modern Nintendo games. ...And more NES games.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 am

$7 to fix a frayed cord? That's some pretty expensive tape! :lol:

And yes to what DPrinny said - the hardest part is putting the NES back together, it's an awkward bugger sometimes.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 am

Katamario wrote:I just received a free Nintendo Wii. Free. My mother had a "broken" Wii and decided she was just going to buy a new one, and destroy the other one to get the disc out. So I said, hey if I can get the disc out without breaking it, can I keep it to get it fixed? She said yes, and let me keep the game as well. Turns out the console is fine, the power cord is just frayed. So its a $7 fix for a Wii and Mario Kart.

I haven't gotten too into the modern Nintendo games, I'm a huge collector for anything up till N64, particularly NES, and I own a Gamecube, but I never played Mario Sunshine or Galaxy or any of the modern Zelda's. I know I've missed out, and I'm kinda excited now, planning to focus more on the modern Nintendo games. ...And more NES games.

Excellent time to get into the Wii, games are dirt cheap. I had a wii for about 5 years until i bothered to collect for it, and I have found some awesome games for the system. There are plenty of great third party titles for the system as well.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 am

£100........The most ive paid for a retro machine
£4

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:04 am

Just got a boxed PS2 in the Charity shop £10 along with a boxed Republic Gunship... My back is just clicking as I write this struggled to carry that back to work.. Probally carrying handfuls of notes didn't help!!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 am

Also bought a Caanoo from South Korea came loaded with emulators and a goody bag filled with Stickers, Lotean sweets and Green tea
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Shinobi wrote:Also bought a Caanoo from South Korea came loaded with emulators and a goody bag filled with Stickers, Lotean sweets and Green tea
Bloody nora, its here already. Better get your card sorted tonight!! :oops:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:01 pm

I got a 24" JVC CRT with speakers, stand and a MINT PS2. Came with 2pads and 5 games (that i dont have much interest in). My new set up for my Sega consoles

And some games to compliment it :D

Crusader
Alisia Dragoon
Sega Ages 2500 Gunstar heroes Treasure Box (With Dynamite Heady & Alien Soldier)
Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty
Virtua Fighter Kids
Puyo Pop Tsu
Asterix
Cool Spot
Castle of Illusion
Land of Illusion
Lion King

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am

Out run (ms) from my friend in Germany
Out run europa (ms) late birthday present
Hogs of war ps1 (the infogrammes cover version, I already had the zoo cover variant)

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:55 am

a 3-for-20€ action in a local shop, all Xbox 360

LA Noire Complete Edition
Aliens Colonial Marines Limited Edition
London 2012