What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RUOK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by RUOK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:40 am

I agree on the 60hz issue, I was meaning which one do you prefer aesthetically.

I certainly not a big fan of the model 2

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:03 am

Got Final Fantasy VII on Steam, and being 3 hours into it I think I'll play it again from start to finish.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 am

This week's pick ups

Found Sonic Colours (Wii) again at EbGames, the last time i past on it, it ws gone the next day when i went back to get it, it was gone. So far not really impressed with it, it's better than Secret Rings, but I hope it gets better. Also when i was looking at their Wii games I came across A Shadow's Tale, I was thrilled to find it, as I haven't seen it anywhere and it is scarce on eBay for a decent price. At not only that it was only $15 which was perfect. Played some of it and It's a mind**** playing it, I love how they are messing with me and how i have to force myself to not jump for the "physical" platforms. I really have to retrain my platforming brain to play this.

I got De Blob 2 and Overlord Minions in a lot with some other games this week, Overlord Minions is average but De Blob 2 is a decent platformer that is a lot like Splosion Man on the XBLA. Also going with the Nintendo theme I got some random GBA games, Donkey Kong Country (which i am 90% sure is a genuine cartridge) Sonic Advance and Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses.

Came across NBA 2k12 preowned for the PS3 for $14 in a store that usually doesn't have deals as good as that. I was really happy with that find. The game is excellent, perfect to play on the HD TV. Won 4 Nintendo 64 games in an auction, excited to pick up Mace: The Dark Age, F Zero X and Rogue Squadron for the first time, all games are pretty solid, and got another copy of Cruisin' USA with them. And finally received a ex-rental copy of Crusader No Remorse for only a few dollars.

Picked up two cheap 360 games that i had in the past, that i enjoyed a bit, but traded in years ago. The Outfit and Eat Lead, happy to have those games again, and will try to complete them this time. Won X-Men Origins Wolverine (PSP) for cheap, I have been trying to slog through the 360 version the last couple of nights to finish it, and I thought I'd pick up the PSP version, which isn't as good, but still alright.

Some random PS2 games, King Of Fighters The Saga Continues, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology ( I remember paying $50 for this brand new 5 years ago), Ben 10 Alien Force; a decent side scroller beat em up, Spiderman (remember renting this 10 years ago and digging it) and TMNT (another game i paid way to much for 5 years ago and traded in all too quickly).

Not much for this week, starting to slow down on eBay, in the eve of saving for the PS4.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:03 am

Not much? I count 21 games there! :lol:
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:50 am

ShadowNeku wrote:Not much? I count 21 games there! :lol:
At 20 games a week it will still take you 10 years to collect sets for the major platforms, so if that's your goal, it's slow going ;)

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

Just picked up the limited edition of Wind Waker with the Ocarina disc for 50p from a jumble sale!

crotea

Post by crotea » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:30 am

shiftytigger wrote:
crotea wrote:Catlevania Lords of shadow for a fiver at a sale at GAME + Darksiders for £10
I keep casting sideways glances at Darksiders as the footage of the sequel made me want to play. Still not sure if I have more room in my life for God of War like games though.
Darksiders 1 is really worth playing mate, got a bit bored of Darksiders two though.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm

RUOK wrote:Just picked up the limited edition of Wind Waker with the Ocarina disc for 50p from a jumble sale!
Proper bargain! :D I've had a few bits arrive but i'm still waiting on a couple of things, so i'll take a pic when they turn up. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Bought Dark Void and Deathsmiles again th other day, for £11 for both. Thank you, GAME sale :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 am

JetSetWilly wrote:Bought Dark Void and Deathsmiles again th other day, for £11 for both. Thank you, GAME sale :D
Deathsmiles is awesome. The bosses are absolutely mental. I can reach the last stage on 1 credit but its always downhill from there for me :( never been good at shmups despite my love for them. DoDonPachi & Akai Katana are also brilliant and always cheap

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 am

Picked up Super SFIV for the 3DS for £1.99 from HMV.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Bought Dark Void and Deathsmiles again th other day, for £11 for both. Thank you, GAME sale :D
Deathsmiles is awesome. The bosses are absolutely mental. I can reach the last stage on 1 credit but its always downhill from there for me :( never been good at shmups despite my love for them. DoDonPachi & Akai Katana are also brilliant and always cheap
I had it ages ago, but got rid of it. Still have DoDonPachi, though. Akai Kitana is on my list, as is Under Defeat HD.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

ciderman

Post by ciderman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 pm

I just bought a complete set of Namco Museum, including the Encore limited edition with the display case, from Hit-Japan on eBay, the whole thing came in at €86, which is considerably less than it normally is.
Not only that but it was initially with a BIN of $100, but I put in an offer of $80, which was accepted!
So, happy days, this is one of my grail purchases, always wanted the set, having played the PAL versions back in the day and also having them, via MAME, on my AWSD, but this set is just luscious!
Next is the accompanying Namco Volume Controller, a paddle device for the PS.

My next grail device is a Turbo Express, hopefully with the cap kit done, so the sound is perfect, I have a Turbo Everdrive in my TG-16 and it'd be a lovely companion to my screen/region/battery modded Nomad.
Colecovision under repair! Superior Donkey Kong incoming!!

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:12 am

Two copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy, new and sealed for £18 each. Hoping to eBay one and keep the other as an investment. What's a good guide price? Its sold recently on eBay for anywhere from twenty to sixty quid.
Last edited by killbot on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 am

Just got a Sega Saturn. Outstanding condition, boxed, 1 official and 1 unofficial controller, new battery put in, came with 2 copies of Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2.

Traded for an unboxed SNES with Super Mario Kart and Super Mario All-Stars, and a PS2. Had two PS2s, so don't really consider that a bad trade.

Just need Athlete Kings and I'll be happy. :-)
ImageImage