What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 am

£5

Edit
Its a worker!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:06 am

^^ nice, Mike! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:37 am

I picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City to give them another try. I hate the "over the shoulder" camera view, but I can look past it in The last Of Us and hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing here!

Arkham Asylum is decent so far, but I honestly don't understand how the voice acting has been praised as much as it has, it's diabolical.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 am

Quake 4 for '360. Principally for Quake 2 - I haevn't played that one in years.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for £2 in GAME.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 am

Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3) - Been after for a while.
Arcania The Complete Tale (PS3)
Diggs : The Night Crawler (PS3)
Painkiller Hell and Damnation Collectors Edition (PS3)
Dance Central 3 (360)
Minecraft 360 Edition (retail)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Wii U)

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:17 am

Some Ps2 games I have been after for awhile, Crash n Burn is good fun, Basketball Xciting is a PAL release of a Simple Series 2000 game and it is nuts, clearly whoever made this has no idea of how basketball works or played any basketball game ever. Great to have Activision Anthology again, love the menu it just brings back heaps of memories of the 2600. Fast and the Furious looks alright so far and Starfighter was pretty fun to play. NBA In The Zone 2 is a game i rented so many times in 98, glad to finally own it, had to buy it from Germany, as it never appears on ebay.

Picked up Micro Maniacs and Rosco McQueen for buy 1 get 1 free. Both games are pretty good, I have been after Micro Maniacs for a bit now and was surprised with how fun Rosco McQueen was as well. Found 3 games i wanted at EB in a buy 2 get 1 free bin. Price Of Persia The Fallen King is pretty dull so far, was let down with that. Metroid Prime Hunters is a pretty good FPS for the system it handles pretty good, and i picked Ultimate Frisbee Sports for the free game, as It looks so stupid I had to own it, It's actually pretty decent, doesn't really feel like a ds game, more of the standards you would expect on the GBA. Found NBA Inside Drive 2002 in a charity shop, excellent condition, such a great basketball game, I forgot how good it was. Also got Wrestlemania 21 quite cheap off ebay, need to wait until I get a new controller for the Original Xbox to play it.

More baseball games for my collection, All Star Baseball 99, which I owned as a kid brought back some memories. Ken Griffey Jr is a really fun arcade style baseball game, I was impressed with it. Monaco Grand Prix will just take up space, with the rest of the F1 games i seem to pick up in lot auctions. Chuck Rock on the MS is pretty bad, they should of scrapped this version, it is really dire. Taz-Mania on the other hand i feel is better than the MD version.

Some imports i picked up for my PS2, I know most of these are available in PAL but they have been hard to track down for a decent price, and these were too cheap to pass up. Klonoa 2 is a fantastic game which I think the Mario Sunshine/Galaxy games took some ideas from. Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation, is pretty decent with it's brawling and Platforming, but is really tricky to figure out where to go without the translations. Also the cutscenes are unskippable, which is pretty brutal to sit through when you can't understand a word. Intial D is excellent, but the opening cutscene is also long and unskippable. Omega Boost is a decent 3D shooter and Crisis Beat is a good beat-em-up that reminds me of Dynamite Cop.

I won a bunch of Wii games off a seller some of which I have been after for quite some time. I already have the two WWE games for the 360, but I had fun testing them out with the Wii controls. NBA Live 09 All Play is an excellent arcade take on the franchise, controls beautifully with the nunchuck as well. NBA2k11 isn't as free flowing as the All Play game, but is still fun to play with the Wii's unique control set up. Cricket is responsive about 90% of the time which is frustrating at some parts. Speed Racer is an excellent Racer. Trackmania is heaps of fun and looks beautiful, one of the best looking games I have seen on the console. Emergency Heroes looks decent enough, need to give it some more time.

That's it for this (last) week.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 am

Virtue's Last Reward - PS Vita

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 am

finally had chance to go through and take pics of what i got at NERG this weekend.

Just wanted to give a massive thanks to Chocklo as a fair few things were free from him (he also gave me a lift there and back, let me sleep on his floor, bought me a beer and a calippo), good boost to the snes collection there, many thanks and i owe you more than a few beers mate.

there were some good sellers at NERG, flashback games get a special mention from me for doing me some good deals too, great set of guys, hopefully get you guys out for a beer for the next meet up in leeds.

chuffed to fill up the snes collection a bit, also glad to find muscle bomber, pc kid and goemon 4. Common dc games, but all in brand new condition and the seller let me have all 5 for 12 quid too which was nice, finally got a maniac mansion, a random pinbot memento, and a hideous looking lynn minmei figure

met a really cool chap who gave me the electron bits, hopefully he will sign up here, really want to see his mame cabinet gcse project on here,

a few more game gear games to add to the collection paid about £21.50 for all 18 carts, also in the back of one of them was 2 smart media cards, no idea what is on there as i dont have a smart media reader

and then near the end of nerg after deliberating about it for a night i decided to buy these (would have included samurai showdown too but someone online bought it before me)

and finally i got a dreamcast keyboard for 2 player typing of the dead too, forgot to take a pic though

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:12 am

Recent buys, Painkiller H&D £20 (Bloody awesome shooter for Serious Sam and classic FPS fans its a must), PSP games £1.50 each,

Unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrKKILZSmQ
(Its a bit parroty)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Super Paper Mario Wii - £3. Mainly as my boy loves the N64 version I thought id buy a newer version - plus at £3 it was too good a price to avoid.

SinclairStrange

Post by SinclairStrange » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

It was payday so I treated myself to a nice collection:

Games:
Mega Man V (Gameboy)
Project Zero 2
Team Buddies
KKND Krossfire (PS1)
R-Type (SMS)

Consoles:
Two Atari Jaguars Boxed (with Doom, Iron Solider, Cybermorph, Cannon Fodder, Syndicate and Dinodudes.)
Vectrex (No games, but works pretty good and it was a cheap find.)
Panasonic 3DO FZ-10
Phillips Cdi 450 (with a handful of crappy games.)
Bandai Apple Pippin ATmark.

Nice little haul. :)

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 am

SinclairStrange wrote:It was payday so I treated myself to a nice collection:

Consoles:

Vectrex (No games, but works pretty good and it was a cheap find.)

The beauty of the Vectrex....built in mine storm.

I loved my Vectrex until it died, always wanted to seal it up and make a fish tank out of it like the early Macs but never got around to it.

Pick up's of the day:

Street Fighter Collection for xbox - 99p
Fable 2 and 3 - £1.50 each -charity shop bargain

and non game, 3 x Batman The Dark Knight Rises Battletec Armour figures, 40p each, still in box - charity shop bargain
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:58 am

Soul Calibur IV and Ghostbusters both on PS3. Not the best games by all accounts but Ghostbusters did have the Blu ray film with it - sealed. Also a couple of psp games for 99p each and some DS jewel games for my partner. Good day out in Romford.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:38 pm

destroy all humans - ps2,complete good condition £1.99
csi:3 dimensions of murder - ps2,complete good condition £1.99
morrowind goty - pc - pc gamer disc and case only 99p
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"