What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nakamura

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nakamura » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm

My final missing piece from my last SNES collection has arrived. Can't wait to get stuck into it.

http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

^that FF3 box looks nice.

conflict desert storm - platinum,ps2 good condition and complete 99p
hulk - ps2 complete
they should have been 99p each but when i inspected the discs i said no to hulk because it has a couple of deep scratches,the woman looked and said to just take it for free then :D
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

dste wrote:
aztecca wrote:For some strnage reason bully on the 360 is still well over 20 quid preowned in game cex etc god knows why.
I've noticed that myself, the Wii version is about £4-5 whilst the 360 version is £25.

Does anyone have any idea why that may be?
The only reason I can come up with is an extremely limited run.

The PS2 and Wii versions are pretty much everywhere, but I've yet to see more than one copy of Xbox 360 Bully on any shelves at all. In fact CeX's £25 copy is cheaper than the £28 GAME usually asks for.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Freestyler wrote:
dste wrote:
aztecca wrote:For some strnage reason bully on the 360 is still well over 20 quid preowned in game cex etc god knows why.
I've noticed that myself, the Wii version is about £4-5 whilst the 360 version is £25.

Does anyone have any idea why that may be?
The only reason I can come up with is an extremely limited run.

The PS2 and Wii versions are pretty much everywhere, but I've yet to see more than one copy of Xbox 360 Bully on any shelves at all. In fact CeX's £25 copy is cheaper than the £28 GAME usually asks for.
i sold a copy on ebay for £25 the other week. not bad at all 8)

its always kept its value for some reason. hmv often have it for a tenner as do blockbuster so its worth looking out for

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Think it has something to do with the game being shipped as broken on the 360, when it was released they had to bring out an emergency [patch to get the game to work on xbox 360 consoles.

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:36 pm

You will find alot of the smaller print run 360 games hold a higher value.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 and the original NFS Most Wanted are a couple of others.

A-Train HX is an exception though, you can usually find it for a fiver in CEX.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:36 am

Joey wrote:You will find alot of the smaller print run 360 games hold a higher value.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 and the original NFS Most Wanted are a couple of others.

A-Train HX is an exception though, you can usually find it for a fiver in CEX.

Yeah think you are right there i remember picking up a couple of pal copies of my horse and me 2 for the 360 and selling them for over £40.I never forget that because the one of them had to be posted to a us marine on a base somewere in a desert.I thought it wouldnt arrive but it got there in a couple of days.I had a strange image of this big macho marine sat there playing it while choppas and bullets were flying over his head :lol:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 am

Placed a pre-order for the collectors edition of the Tomb Raider reboot.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 am

Freestyler wrote:The only reason I can come up with is an extremely limited run.

It's funny as round here it's the other way round, I see copies of the 360 version all of the time but very rarely see copies of the cheaper Wii version which is the one that I'm considering buying.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

bennyb84

Post by bennyb84 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:57 pm

on facebook selling pages i topped up my ps3 collection as i was bored with not getting online so for £40 including delivery to my door
prototype 2
dirt 3 complete
streetfighter x tekken
resistance 3 no manual
and an oldie but a goodie i always go back to the first army of two.. my mate spotted it after me and tried intercepting it before it got to my door cheeky git lol

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 am

PAL Anarchy Reigns arrived surprisingly early!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 am

Yesterday I bought Gunman Clive for 3DS from the eShop - it's only £1.99, and is basically a traditional sort of Rolling Thunder/Shinobi style game set in the Wild West with cool 'drawn' looking graphics. It's also on IOS for about £1.50 I think, but the 3DS version is slightly better due to the physical controls. Why this is £2 and other games are £10 is still very odd to me - this is probably the best £2 to spend on the eShop right now.

I also got that Sonic Jump game free from the 12 days of Christmas promotion on the app store - not really feeling it at the moment as I don't like tilt controls, shame as the game looks pretty fun.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 am

All my Christmas stuff which includes a Wii U that's not pictured.. Paided £1.20 for Fortified Zone that is as mint as mint can be 8)

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 am

Shinobi wrote:All my Christmas stuff which includes a Wii U that's not pictured.. Paided £1.20 for Fortified Zone that is as mint as mint can be 8)

am i the only one who looks at the wii u 's box and game boxes and thinks dreamcast ?
blue has never been a nintendo color

and i saw tale sof graces in the store last time and it was stil 60 censored euro urgh
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 am

Shinobi wrote:All my Christmas stuff which includes a Wii U that's not pictured.. Paided £1.20 for Fortified Zone that is as mint as mint can be 8)

Ugh...I've wanted to play that Code of Princess for ages now but I suppose it won't get a PAL release. I love Kinu Nishimura's art for the game :) . Do you have an American 3DS to play it on then Shinobi? Was tempted to get a Jap model to play this and other 3DS games that won't come out over here.

Nice Tales of Graces F too. I've seen that LE at reasonable prices in GAME and HMV but the outer boxes have always been crumpled up or ripped so I've always left it behind :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.