What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

jdanddiet

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 am

with my trade in voucher from CEX I was tempted to get Max Payne 3 but instead went for Homefront, Far Cry 2, Fear 3 and LA Noire for 8 quid short of what MP3 cost.

Then popped into a crack converters and they had fear 2 so got that as well for a fiver.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 am

Went wild in Cash Generator/Cash Convertors this morning: picked up Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing Wii, Sonic Colours, Layton Lost Future and Pokemon Platinum for a grand total of under £38! I then punted the lot of them to HMV and GAME. Significant profit GET!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 am

CashCon
Metal slug collection (Wii) £4.99
Red steel 2 £2.99

Nearly got
Parappa the rapper PSP for £4.99
No book, disc case scratched to hell and the disc its self had finger prints on it as well as a nasty looking scratch
Mario Kart Wii £4.99, disc was nackerd

morch-uk

Post by morch-uk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 pm

DPrinny wrote:
morch-uk wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Got my Saturn modded
ah you joined the club :D

quite good fun, even with my massive ps3 collection, im finding more time to appreciate my saturn again :D

to poster above, there's a robb webb and a racketboy mod chip, need some soldering knowhow

plus u might as well get a 50-60hz switch added and a region switch whilst you're at it ;)

i got 3 modchips for £28, so have 2 spare :) but they about £20-30 each normally, plus the region and hz switch are about a tenner or more for parts
I has no solderin know how.
Something I want to learn, but I dont wanna bugger up the Saturn ive had for about 15 years

i convinced my boss to do it whilst on school hols as a "i gotta do this thing, i cant do it, dont think you can" knowing he'll rise to the occasion to prove me wrong LOL

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Might just drop Consolepassion a line and ask about it.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Just got Demon's Souls and Uncharted 3 for the PS3. Western RPGs aren't my cup of cake, but I've read enthusiastic comments about DS... and I've almost finished Uncharted 2, so... :)

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm back people!

After being kicked out of my previous residence I've had to pack up my game collection and put it in storage until I figure out either where I can put it (or where I can offload some of it ... which I'd rather not do).

Anyway, nothing much new from me over the past 4-5 months, though I'll be buying a new XBOX 360 this week (hopefully tomorrow) after my original (from 2006) red ringed back in February.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:44 am

Well I bought myself a 250 Gig Xbox 360 with Halo Anniversary. This evening will be a fun one :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 am

Had confirmation that my preorder of reprinted Pier Solor had been sent out on Sunday, seem to have been waiting for this one for an age.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Had confirmation that my preorder of reprinted Pier Solor had been sent out on Sunday, seem to have been waiting for this one for an age.
Nice one. Ive already got a copy of an earlier print but i am tempted to pick up another for the sake of it. I have got the soundtrack on the way though :D
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 pm

populous:the beginning-ps1 ea classics value series-complete and good condition-99p
the italian job-ps1 platinum-complete and good condition-99p
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Picked up Mario Tennis Open and Soul Calibur V today. I bought both from HMV with some store credit I had from trades. I got them as I love their respective series and I just feel like playing some fun, arcade-style video games in short bursts, and online.

I have heard some dodgy things about Tennis, but I had to give it a shot - and I think the gameplay is excellent. You know with Nintendo that the graphics, controls and frame rate on a game will be spot on. Some of the animations are excellent, like Diddy Kong serving. I know the single player is short and the online limited, but the Mario Tennis games are great to just pick up and play whenever you want a fun gaming experience. I really like the power-up shot mechanic too actually.

Going to stick on Calibur later. Should be good :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:15 am

Evermore wrote: Going to stick on Calibur later. Should be good :)
It is a good game but also very different from previous sequels in some ways. The character roster is pretty alien to start with and I personally think the game plays a hell of a lot differently than SCIV. I didn't gel with it in the same way that I was hooked on all the other Soul Calibur games so it didn't get much play time in my PS3. The character creator is incredible though so the recent releases of DLC customisation packs might tempt me to give the game another chance.
_________

Today I received Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow on the DS from dste (this completes my DS set of 'vania games at last) and I've also got Yakuza Dead Souls on the way from Play.com since they had it up for just £9.99 recently. The non-canon nature of Dead Souls has put me off slightly so I didn't grab it straight away as I did with 'proper' Yakuza games but a tenner with free delivery was impossible to refuse :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:24 am

ShadowNeku wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Had confirmation that my preorder of reprinted Pier Solor had been sent out on Sunday, seem to have been waiting for this one for an age.
Nice one. Ive already got a copy of an earlier print but i am tempted to pick up another for the sake of it. I have got the soundtrack on the way though :D
Can't wait it really looks like the best of those "new" wave of MD RPGs, it's certainly been a long wait to grab a copy!

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle on PS3.