What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by sscott » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Grizzly wrote:Got this lot with an unboxed Dreamcast with 2 pads today, £30 for the lot :P

Couple of spares in there so let me know if you are after any which i may sell on :)
Certainly worth more than £30. Good effort!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Been a while for me, as I have been mostly selling off parts of my collection.

But today, I got a nice package of PS1 games from Space_Turnip and..... Medieval 2 Total War, collectors edition, complete with a figurine knight, soundtrack and loads of other goodies, £14 from cash converters....bargain!! :mrgreen:

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Grizzly wrote:Got this lot with an unboxed Dreamcast with 2 pads today, £30 for the lot :P

Couple of spares in there so let me know if you are after any which i may sell on :)
Good stuff Grizzly, whats that a quid a game and a fiver for a DC? Bargain!

After receiving Ikaruga on Saturday (and getting absolutely nowhere in the game due to me being rubbish!), I've (hopefully) got Seaman (US) and Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX arriving tomorrow. Also got Sega Marine Fishing (US) on the way in a bundle of NTSC U games (6 games: Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Chef's luv shack, Sega Marine Fishing and Sonic Adventure). My current plan of action is to go for the US games that didnt see PAL releases, so after I get the games i bought should be at 10 out of 55. Missed out on Illbleed due to popping out and asking the gf to increase the bid if I was outbid. She didn't :(

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:48 am

You don't need that rubbish Evolution,bet that's a spare eh? ;-)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 am

Now to sell the games I have and don't like

Random Hero

Post by Random Hero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:28 am

Had to rebut Naruto as for some reason Zavvi lost the rights to sell the proper card edition in the UK. This one I've bought is definitely a UK copy though. :)

And I've literally just had the Witcher Dark Edition pop through the door. Worth the £60. :)

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 am

shiftytigger wrote:You don't need that rubbish Evolution,bet that's a spare eh? ;-)
Hehe oh you. :p
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am

Grizzly wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:You don't need that rubbish Evolution,bet that's a spare eh? ;-)
Odd really as I avoided so many copies of that back in the day for ridiculously low prices , and a few Evolution 2 as well. Oh how I wish I had bitten the bullet and bought at least one. Ah well . Is it actually any good is more to the point. (I only have Evolution Worlds on GC to go by)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 am

adippm82 wrote:Rockman EX WS on the Wonderswan, been after that for a while, really great game
Good choice :wink: Lovely little game, I really like how the levels have split paths which lead to different boss battles. So much better than that horrid Rockman & Forte for the Wonderswan!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 am

shiftytigger wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Odd really as I avoided so many copies of that back in the day for ridiculously low prices , and a few Evolution 2 as well. Oh how I wish I had bitten the bullet and bought at least one. Ah well . Is it actually any good is more to the point. (I only have Evolution Worlds on GC to go by)
Evolution (1) isn't worth a huge amount now, despite what some of the BIN prices on ebay try and say. £5 is about the going rate really. Evolution 2 on the other hand....still remains the single biggest amount I've spent on a game (retro wise at least)

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah when I saw the cover I went a little nuts but then realised its the cheaper one, no worries though I got it at a good price anyway do I'll give it a bash. You still don't see it often let alone in bundles
I write for...

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am

Grizzly wrote:Yeah when I saw the cover I went a little nuts but then realised its the cheaper one, no worries though I got it at a good price anyway do I'll give it a bash. You still don't see it often let alone in bundles
Where did you get that bundle for £30?? (if you don't mind me asking).
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

Evolution has a very special place in my heart as the game that got me into dungeon crawlers rpgs. Not to mention it is a really good game. Never managed to be the last boss on the ship, cant remember his name, Arthur or something.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

Just ordered a copy of Aliens: Infestation for the DS from Play.Com - seems to be cheap at the moment.

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/2169270 ... fer=search

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 am

greenberet79 wrote:
Grizzly wrote:Yeah when I saw the cover I went a little nuts but then realised its the cheaper one, no worries though I got it at a good price anyway do I'll give it a bash. You still don't see it often let alone in bundles
Where did you get that bundle for £30?? (if you don't mind me asking).
Facebook buy and sell, great place to pickup games, relatively untouched by traders as well. Well worth checking your town to see if you have one online :)
I write for...