What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:53 am

speedlolita wrote:Got Deadly Premonition today for £8 in CeX.

Also spotted a Tales of Vesperia in GAME today at £25. I didn't buy it though as it's not a game I wishSubject:

to own. U mad?
I have the case and the instructions to Tales of Vesperia, but no discs. I got it from a charity shop for a quid and it had Guitar Hero 3 disc in it instead.
Going Solo...................

User avatar
Alarm
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 am
Location: UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Alarm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
speedlolita wrote:Got Deadly Premonition today for £8 in CeX.

Also spotted a Tales of Vesperia in GAME today at £25. I didn't buy it though as it's not a game I wishSubject:

to own. U mad?
I have the case and the instructions to Tales of Vesperia, but no discs. I got it from a charity shop for a quid and it had Guitar Hero 3 disc in it instead.
You should have purchased Guitar Hero 3 as well. :wink:

User avatar
greenberet79
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am

Yesterday I was stuck in A&E (missus's fractured thumb) for three hours, and out of boredom ended up on ebay mobile, buying Wii Mario Galaxy 1, Monster Hunter Tri and PES 2010. £20 all in (PES was 99p, which is why I bought it).
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

User avatar
hydr0x
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by hydr0x » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 am

tachi wrote:
speedlolita wrote:
tachi wrote:We have an antiques dealer in our village and they sell everything from chairs to games and today, as a means to get out of the house (due to being housebound for 2 weeks now after my op) I popped in to have a nosey.
Wasn't cheap, not by any means, but a good haul I think (even though I have some of them already lol)

Image
That Fire Red is a fake I'm afraid.

It's NTSC but how do you know it's fake?
Not only is the Fire Red definitely fake, the two Fire Emblem games most likely are fakes aswell. Hard to tell without a better photo but they look very very dodgy. Sorry. The Advance Wars 2 looks legit though.
Image

pratty
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 am

hydr0x wrote:
tachi wrote:It's NTSC but how do you know it's fake?
Not only is the Fire Red definitely fake, the two Fire Emblem games most likely are fakes aswell. Hard to tell without a better photo but they look very very dodgy. Sorry. The Advance Wars 2 looks legit though.
Tachi, you need to check the cart. Can you see Nintendo written on the board when you look where the pins (or whatever they're called) are? If you can see it then it should be legit, if not then I'm afraid they're knock-offs. (Also fake cartridges don't save properly.)

Edit:

You can see a picture of what I mean here:
http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/2006/06/ ... e-er-ebay/

Checking DS games:
http://www.pokedit.com/view_news.php?id=62

Really hope you haven't been stung mate.
Last edited by pratty on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:48 am

AmidstStorm wrote:Pickups of the year so far. All shmups.
A few of the Indie PC titles like Bike Banditz, Crimzon Clover & Trouble Witches are getting pretty hard to impossible to find. Retro force is rarish PAL exclusive and doesn't appear all that often. Shame it's a bag of censored really.
Radirgy Noa on the Wii was limited print so is getting harder to find.
NES carts are all US versions.
Image
Image
You picked up Burai Fighter on the NES yet mate? Think I've got a spare copy if you want it.

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am

Man, it's getting hard to find decent DS games for cheap on the high street. Can't see this self-imposed £5 limit lasting long!
Image

User avatar
jcdentont1000
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by jcdentont1000 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 am

^^^^^^ that Wario game is the star there, Liam - not a bad little game for under a fiver :)
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

Image

Image

User avatar
The Hardest of All Freds
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Alarm wrote:
The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
speedlolita wrote:Got Deadly Premonition today for £8 in CeX.

Also spotted a Tales of Vesperia in GAME today at £25. I didn't buy it though as it's not a game I wishSubject:

to own. U mad?
I have the case and the instructions to Tales of Vesperia, but no discs. I got it from a charity shop for a quid and it had Guitar Hero 3 disc in it instead.
You should have purchased Guitar Hero 3 as well. :wink:
I think someone already did :(
Going Solo...................

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:11 pm

jcdentont1000 wrote:^^^^^^ that Wario game is the star there, Liam - not a bad little game for under a fiver :)
I was a little surprised to see it cheap, the same place had it for £9 a fortnight ago.
First-party Nintendo game in "noticeable depreciation" shock!

User avatar
AmidstStorm
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:You picked up Burai Fighter on the NES yet mate? Think I've got a spare copy if you want it.
Yeah already got a copy mate. Thanks for the offer. I've noticed the price of nes carts has rocketed though in the last few yrs. I've got a toploader so going to import all the nes shmups in large batches, works out alot cheaper than buying up PAL carts on ebay. Think i paid about $40 for 9 from the states. The package turned up opened though and 1 was missing sadly. I've found 104 shmups on the NES so far across all regions. I have 22, so nearly there :D

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by nokgod » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Image

few more bits and bobs.
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

User avatar
Paulie
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Paulie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:24 pm

I've been wanting to get an IGS PGM again for ages :D Got 4 more carts winging there way to me as I speak 8)

Image
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

User avatar
Misery
Posts: 2236
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Misery » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 pm

AmidstStorm wrote:Pickups of the year so far. All shmups.
A few of the Indie PC titles like Bike Banditz, Crimzon Clover & Trouble Witches are getting pretty hard to impossible to find. Retro force is rarish PAL exclusive and doesn't appear all that often. Shame it's a bag of censored really.
Radirgy Noa on the Wii was limited print so is getting harder to find.
NES carts are all US versions.
Image
Image


You sure buy alot of these.

EDIT:

wait, WHAT? There's a version of Shiki 3 for the 360? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?
Aaaaaaaagh. I need that. Shiki 2 is the one shmup I've played more than Mushi, bloody freaking BRILLIANT game. Held the top score on the shmups forums for the scoreboard for a specific character for awhile. Definitely a fan. .....so yeah, gotta buy this now, argh. Tell me it's not insanely hard to find.

User avatar
AmidstStorm
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by AmidstStorm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 pm

@misery - it's been out quite a while shiki 3. Hve to say, it's not super easy to find, at a good price at least, but I waited and got this one mint for about £35 from japan. Pm me and when I get home in about 6 hrs I'll link you to the seller unless you find one before then.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests