What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Just got PSO ep 1 + 2 on gamecube for £2.99 from Gamestation East Ham. Bargain for once.
I was thinking about picking that up again. I have it on Xbox but dont think you can even play the single player without signing in to xbox live (fail). Used to split screen that all the time with my bros. All three of us had characters over level 100.

To be perfectly honest , I had it once before and never played it - have 1 + 2 on DC too and never played them. Not sure why - although most of my MD + DC collection came from a Cash Generator store when I worked there so I'm sure I probably haven't played quite a few still (after 8 years you would think I should have).

Only other retro stuff I got today was a BOGOF in a BHF charity shop that was closing down in Barking. ISS 2 and the awful FIFA World cup 2002 for 99p doesnt feel as bad as i first thought (I generally don't buy sports stuff as I don't play them)
Image

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13157
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by sscott » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 pm

A very nice condition Rage Racer on Ps1, not supposed to buy any games before Christmas.
Image

User avatar
Hitman_HalStep
Posts: 2291
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: so near and yet so far

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:17 pm

2002 fifa world cup-ps1-very good condition £1
gun £1.50
conflict desert storm £2
the punisher £1.50 all on xbox good condition and complete

there were a few more xbox games but they were all scratched to hell these were in the best condition,in another shop they had a big pile of ps2 games but they ranged from £4.50-£5
no chance.
Image
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

User avatar
Uaithne
Posts: 493
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Uaithne » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I think I've been a bad boy and bought a heap of games for myself before buying everybody's Christmas presents. Oh well, here's the Goldstar 3DO I bought - it arrived last week while I was away:-

Image

While in Melbourne I picked up Star Fox 64 3D and Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS. Both are great games and have got me playing the system quite a bit these days.

I've also ordered the following games over the past couple of days:-

Master System
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2
New Zealand Story


3DO
BC Racers
Blade Force
Cannon Fodder
Oceans Below
Off-World Interceptor
Pataank
Pebble Beach
Power Kingdom
Shock Wave
Slayer
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Theme Park
Total Eclipse


Nintendo 64
Pokemon Stadium (complete with N64 Transfer Pak)

PlayStation 2
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives - Volume 1

Game Boy Advance
Donkey Kong
Black Game Boy Mini with 3 unknown game carts

Nintendo DS
Metal Slug 7
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

Image

User avatar
Godstar
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Godstar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Uaithne wrote:I think I've been a bad boy and bought a heap of games for myself before buying everybody's Christmas presents. Oh well, here's the Goldstar 3DO I bought - it arrived last week while I was away:-

Image

While in Melbourne I picked up Star Fox 64 3D and Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS. Both are great games and have got me playing the system quite a bit these days.

I've also ordered the following games over the past couple of days:-

Master System
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2
New Zealand Story


3DO
BC Racers
Blade Force
Cannon Fodder
Oceans Below
Off-World Interceptor
Pataank
Pebble Beach
Power Kingdom
Shock Wave
Slayer
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Theme Park
Total Eclipse


Nintendo 64
Pokemon Stadium (complete with N64 Transfer Pak)

PlayStation 2
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives - Volume 1

Game Boy Advance
Donkey Kong
Black Game Boy Mini with 3 unknown game carts

Nintendo DS
Metal Slug 7

You should get Star Control 2, I heard it's one of it's best games.

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Ok, I'm not sure anyone actually cares but these are my most recent acquisitions

(apologies for photobugger links - im a noob at pic posting on forums)

GETAWAY AND HARDWARE ONLINE COMMEMORATIVE / MILESTONE EDITIONS
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... IM0921.jpg

LEGO BATMAN , DARK CHRONICLE + DEATH BY DEGREES & SEALED BARGAINS
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... IM0923.jpg


The commemorative edition games cost me £1.99 and £1.49 each

Batman,Death by degrees and Dark Chronicle were the best of an otherwise pretty shoddy 3 for £10 in Gamestation.
M vs C 2 was 99p in Cash Converters and Dynasty Tactics 2 + Final Fantasy XII were £1.00 each - sealed - in a local charity shop.

Not a bad haul - the gamestation discs were near mint too
Image

User avatar
martyg
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:43 am
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by martyg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:47 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Sean wrote:All true. I`m not sure if there was outright theft on Nintendo`s part. If you want the lowdown on these pre-Famicom Nintendo consoles (and other toys) you really should check this blog out:

http://blog.beforemario.com/

It is without a doubt the best source of info on the early Nintendo stuff out there and Erik`s collection will blow you away.
Thanks! There's some lovely pics on that site. From it I've gleaned the following info',

Nintendo Color TV-Game 6 - "A license to produce these pong-style games was obtained from Magnavox."
The license presumably also applied to the the TV-Game 15.
http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/03/nin ... -1979.html

Nintendo Color TV Game Block Kuzushi - still no mention of whether Nintendo licensed Wozniak and Jobs' Breakout from Atari for this system. :?
http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/05/nin ... zushi.html
a) It wasn't Wozniak's and Jobs'. They did one of the protos - there was a previous one before theirs and the actual production version was designed at Grass Valley. b) No, the Nintendo one was not licensed. As with all the games that ripped off either the look, concept, or both, they were copies or inspired by. Even Taito's Arkanoid.
And even then there's some question as to whether they could have licensed the game play anyways - anything ball and batt wise was licensed from Magnavox because of the settlement. Nintendo wound up having to pay Magnavox later as well in relation to various patents.
Marty

ClassicGaming.Com
Atari Gaming Headquarters - http://www.atarihq.com
Midwest Gaming Classic - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com
Electronic Entertainment Museum (E2M)
Syzygy Company - http://www.syzygycompany.com/

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

martyg wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
Sean wrote:All true. I`m not sure if there was outright theft on Nintendo`s part. If you want the lowdown on these pre-Famicom Nintendo consoles (and other toys) you really should check this blog out:

http://blog.beforemario.com/

It is without a doubt the best source of info on the early Nintendo stuff out there and Erik`s collection will blow you away.
Thanks! There's some lovely pics on that site. From it I've gleaned the following info',

Nintendo Color TV-Game 6 - "A license to produce these pong-style games was obtained from Magnavox."
The license presumably also applied to the the TV-Game 15.
http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/03/nin ... -1979.html

Nintendo Color TV Game Block Kuzushi - still no mention of whether Nintendo licensed Wozniak and Jobs' Breakout from Atari for this system. :?
http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/05/nin ... zushi.html
a) It wasn't Wozniak's and Jobs'. They did one of the protos - there was a previous one before theirs and the actual production version was designed at Grass Valley. b) No, the Nintendo one was not licensed. As with all the games that ripped off either the look, concept, or both, they were copies or inspired by. Even Taito's Arkanoid.
And even then there's some question as to whether they could have licensed the game play anyways - anything ball and batt wise was licensed from Magnavox because of the settlement. Nintendo wound up having to pay Magnavox later as well in relation to various patents.
Many thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to the book you're co-writing even more now (if that were possible!). :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Spock
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Spock » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm


User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 am

Picked up a couple of copies of Brink for £2.99 from Gamestation Yesterday. One is for my mate, so that's Christmas sorted then!!

Also through the post a copy of Silent Hill Collection for the PS2. Kindly sold to me by a forum member

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24744
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:46 am

Hot pixel on PSP
Going off /v/s recommended list is a bit hit and mis.
THIS ONE IS A MISS!
Its like Wario Ware, with a few good ideas, thrown in with a load of bad ones.
Knew I was in for trouble when I saw LavAtaris logo on the box

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 am

DPrinny wrote:Hot pixel on PSP
Going off /v/s recommended list is a bit hit and mis.
THIS ONE IS A MISS!
Its like Wario Ware, with a few good ideas, thrown in with a load of bad ones.
Knew I was in for trouble when I saw LavAtaris logo on the box
I found it fun for an hour and then realised it was a bit limited and doesn't have the madness or charm that makes Warioware so much fun. It probably explains why I always see a ton of these in the used games section of Gamestation.

User avatar
Timothy Lumsden
Posts: 2994
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:07 am

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:06 pm

been in game picking up kids presents, but managed to snag:

God of War 3 for £3
Ghost Trick DS for £12
Dementium DS for £8
Kirby Mass attach for £20 (technically this one is the the younglings :wink: )

and that really is me wiped out gaming money wise

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Koloomn and Gottlieb Pinball Classics for PSP.

And managed to remember a PSN card! Sonic CD awaits...

User avatar
JazzFunk
Posts: 1820
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Another Blockbuster blowout whilst getting the Xmas booze in (so nice to have a Lidl slap-bang next to BB!)

Got the following, all at 99p each:

Rocky Legends (PS2)
World Championship Pool 2004 (Xbox)
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (Xbox)
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (Xbox)
Robocop (Xbox)
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun (Xbox)
Judge Dredd (Xbox)
The Great Escape (Xbox)

And also got a preowned House Of The Dead: Overkill 'hand cannon' for £3.95 (too much??? hope it's good?) plus Ghost Squad on Wii for £4.99.

Never seen that Xbox pool game before, plus it's by Jaleco, mmm ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests