What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

speedlolita

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by speedlolita » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Nice that, good price too. My recent PSP-1000 purchase seems to be on par with your deal. I really need to get a Photofast thingy though, or a nice big memory stick pro at cost - 2GB is usable but I could do with some actual PSP games on it instead of Tekken 3 and emulators. :lol:

I got the PSP I chose as it's timeless and black is Sony for me.

That case looks very similar to the Sony case I use with my PSP too.. Spooky. :wink:

Good thing about the 2000 series and onwards is that they have double the RAM of the PSP-1000 so emulation has more potential. Probably the best overall.. lol
Logged out 15/07/2014.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah, I like the feel of the 1000 but I don't like the stiff D-pad compared to 2000 onwards. Also the newer PSP's from 3000 onwards aren't compatible with the full range of popsloader, and PS1 is what it's all about. I only bought 2 PSP's so I don't have to be super careful with one when I'm using it outside. Emulation on PSP is so good though, I've noticed the screen on them vary an awful lot too, my old PSP 2003 had quite a lot of motion blur but my new one has hardly any at all and the screen looks crisper too. I have thought maybe someone put a new screen in but I'm not sure if you can get higher quality screens or not.

Black PSP's are nice though, I did want a black one to match my 3DS and 360 but not to worry. :)

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:21 am

Just picked up Resi Evil 4 on the Wii, and Alan Wake on 360. Haven't cranked up Wake yet but had a go on Resi last night. I'm liking it very much more than 5 at the moment, although it's gonna take me a while to get used to the pointy+nunchuk controls. I seem to be panicking and looking up at the sky when i should be blasting zombies in the head :lol: Practice needed I suppose! Looking forward to playing Alan Wake at last, I've heard some good things about it. Might help to counter my disappointment with Shadows of the Damned.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 am

Last night I bought Warhammer 4000 Kill Team on 360 XBLA after playing the demo and falling in love with it. Only 800 points too which is nice to see. I was going to get Ms Splosion Man but there's something about Twisted Pixel games that really get on my tits, think it might be the character design or something as Ms Splosion man is probably the most annoying videogame character I've ever witnessed. I did enjoy the original game but haven't completed it (it was tough) and it was less annoying too.

malekith1979

Post by malekith1979 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:46 am

C=Style wrote:Last night I bought Warhammer 4000 Kill Team on 360 XBLA after playing the demo and falling in love with it. Only 800 points too which is nice to see. I was going to get Ms Splosion Man but there's something about Twisted Pixel games that really get on my tits, think it might be the character design or something as Ms Splosion man is probably the most annoying videogame character I've ever witnessed. I did enjoy the original game but haven't completed it (it was tough) and it was less annoying too.
Ooh! Is Kill Team out now? Ain't been on XBL for a while. Love 40k and twin stick shooters, so I'll check it out if you reckon it's a good 'un 8)

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 am

Just got Battlefield - Bad Company and Call Of Duty - World At War...only had a quick game of both of them, but it looks like I'll be spending hours with both of their multiplayer modes! :D
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:42 am

Gone PSP crazy this week:

PSP S&L 2000 (boxed £75. A bit pricey, but it is in absolute mint condition and had a 4gb memory stick in it. Even more surprisingly, it came from CEX!)
Little Big Planet £8
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge £10
Gottleib Pinball Classics £4
Midway Arcade Treasures £4
Monster Hunter Freedom £4
Namco Museum Battle Collection £4
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Servbot

Post by Servbot » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 am

360 3 in 1 pack - includeds Limbo - Wooop!

MD - Streets of rage 2 and Castle of illusion!

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:34 am

Mass Effect 2, after completing the original last night.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 am

C=Style wrote:Ms Splosion man is probably the most annoying videogame character I've ever witnessed.
Settings --> Voice Volume --> 0%. Problem solved.

Jeez, why do people always complain about the most trivial things?
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:21 pm

DigitalDuck wrote:
C=Style wrote:Ms Splosion man is probably the most annoying videogame character I've ever witnessed.

Because they could have a non annoying voice. Dur.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm

speedlolita wrote:Because they could have a non annoying voice. Dur.
You're completely missing the point. C=Style suggested that he wasn't going to buy the game solely because of something which can be turned off.

Also, "annoying" is subjective.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:14 pm

I picked up God of War: Ghosts of Sparta, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil (REmake) and RE Zero both on the Wii and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for the PS3 today.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:00 am

DigitalDuck wrote:

speedlolita wrote:Because they could have a non annoying voice. Dur.
DigitalDuck wrote:You're completely missing the point. C=Style suggested that he wasn't going to buy the game solely because of something which can be turned off.

Also, "annoying" is subjective.

Man you just can't win on these forums. Who said anything about the voice anyway? Turning the volume down woudln't solve the problem as the whole thing is annoying to me. Anyway, that's not the only reason why I didn't buy it, it's because I picked up Warhammer 4000 instead and I still haven't completed the original Splosion Man. Is that ok? :o

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:14 am

Picked up a spare halo themed 20gb hard disk for my Jap 360, I've filled my current one up with installed shmups. I want to run a few more games from a hard drive. It was only £4.50!!