What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

scorpionatthepc

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by scorpionatthepc » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Bought myself RAM IT for the atari 2600. Quite pleased to see that its a rare 7 over on atari age.

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:09 pm

The weirdest thing happened to me. I got the PS3 Platinum copy of Dragon Age: Origins yesterday only to realise that the codes for the "free" DLC were nowhere to be seen. Went back to the store today and had them open a new copy in front of me and yet again no codes were present so I got my money back. That's when I decided to get the Ultimate Editon (all DLC on-disc) off thehut.com for even less than the Spanish Platinum. Gotta love UK prices and crappy GBP.

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:40 am

Gradius V on the PS2, think that's the very last game on my PS2 'want' list.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Servbot

Post by Servbot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:04 am

quick question, where can i buy a multi-region snes/mega drive?

KKnD

Post by KKnD » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:25 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retro Gaming & Self Indulgent Musings @ http://mygurumeditation.wordpress.com/
KKND | Amiga4Eva | James Matson

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Couldn't resist a few more cheapies in Gamestation today so I picked up (all games on my mental 'wanted' list):

Hulk Ultimate Destruction (PS2)
Maximo (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

Also received Gundam Battle Assault on the PS1 courtesy of Nokgod :) . Already got the second game so I have 2 sweet-looking 2D fighters full of awesome mechs to try out. Anybody else played either game? Have to admit that I don't know much about Gundam in general though I've always liked the look of it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Megamixer wrote:Couldn't resist a few more cheapies in Gamestation today so I picked up (all games on my mental 'wanted' list):

Maximo (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

Also received Gundam Battle Assault on the PS1 courtesy of Nokgod :) . Already got the second game so I have 2 sweet-looking 2D fighters full of awesome mechs to try out. Anybody else played either game? Have to admit that I don't know much about Gundam in general though I've always liked the look of it.

2 is the better of the games more pilots and mechs to choose form faster smoother and more balanced game play
the (western ) version is a complete mish mash of pilots thoug gatherd from gundam 0079 0083 zeta double zeta and wing
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:36 pm

snowkatt wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Couldn't resist a few more cheapies in Gamestation today so I picked up (all games on my mental 'wanted' list):

Maximo (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

2 is the better of the games more pilots and mechs to choose form faster smoother and more balanced game play
the (western ) version is a complete mish mash of pilots thoug gatherd from gundam 0079 0083 zeta double zeta and wing
So are the Japanese PS1 versions slightly different content-wise then?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Said I needed another CD32 pad and this weekend I got a bag full of pads,cables for a fiver (And a pac-man plug in)
Shoulder button needs a fix, but A FIVER!

Also Pushover for PC like new for a quid

Theres loads of stuff on Towin market games wise, a few GBAs/Micros/Sps didnt want to pay £15 for one. Loads of over priced loose Game boy games.

Was going to pick up a PSP 1000 for £30

But couldn't see it working

Edit, Pushover is going in the Replay Lucky dip
Last edited by DPrinny on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:41 pm

couple of cube games today for £2.00 each: wave race blue storm and SW Clone wars.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Megamixer wrote:
snowkatt wrote:

Maximo (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

yes the japanese battle assault ( called battle master 2 there was a battle master 1 which has not been released in the west ) has a different story line and no wing gundam
( gundam wing was just becoming popular which is why bandai included it it plays like the zeta gundam )

battle assualt 2 saw the removal of 4 characters and the addition of 14 new characters

there is a gundam seed battle assualt on the gba

and finally battle assault 3 featuring gundam seed on the ps 2
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

ironmonger

Post by ironmonger » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Just got this on ebay for £70. It's a PAL console in a white Jap case. I was planning on doing this myself at some point, buying one of each and swapping the insides over, but this saves me all the hassle. The next step is to get it modded with a 50/60hz switch and multi region switch. End result will be a region free white Saturn with no need for a step down converter. 8)

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 pm

snowkatt wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
snowkatt wrote:Couldn't resist a few more cheapies in Gamestation today so I picked up (all games on my mental 'wanted' list):

Maximo (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

I always thought that out UK/US Gundam Battle Assault games on PS1 were just ports of the Kidou Butouden G Gundam and Shin Kidou Senki Gundam W PS1 games from the Japanese Simple Characters 2000 Series.

Edit: Plus I did actually buy games this week.

Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask on N64 in NTSC-J format. (So I guess it would be Zeruda no Densetsu Mujura no Kamen)
Goldeneye 007 on N64 in NTSC format.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.