What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:10 am

Awesome haul nokgod :D You have a mighty nice Gamecube collection!
FamiDude wrote:Had Rockman Zero 2 on GBA drop through the letterbox this morning. Would have been mint but the seller packed it in a jiffy bag and it got a bit crushed on one side. :(
I know that feeling all to well. I hated collecting the GB games for my MM collection for many reasons, and one of them was that sellers would often throw them in jiffy bags and hope for the best :?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

featherz

Post by featherz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 am

bought street fighter 2 on gba same happened jiffy bag, crushed box, explained as mint on ebay ad and looked mint too (piccy)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 am

ShadowMan wrote:Awesome haul nokgod :D You have a mighty nice Gamecube collection!
FamiDude wrote:Had Rockman Zero 2 on GBA drop through the letterbox this morning. Would have been mint but the seller packed it in a jiffy bag and it got a bit crushed on one side. :(
I know that feeling all to well. I hated collecting the GB games for my MM collection for many reasons, and one of them was that sellers would often throw them in jiffy bags and hope for the best :?
cheers mate...roughly halfway now :D

Yeah, i also agree with you about posted GB games...i only tend to buy them now if i see them out and about. At least you know what you're getting and not worrying about receiving a big bag of splat through the letterbox.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

slightly delayed

Post by slightly delayed » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:43 am

just popped out for milk on the way back stuck my head in the weird little second hand shop round the corner and found hidden in the copies of fifa and tiger woods for the xbox a gamecube game round here they are as rare as hen's teeth it's called driven and based on some iffy sly stallone film but it looks in good nick and only cost a £1

Dam

Post by Dam » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:05 am

Only had time to visit the BHF charity shop today, and was surprised to find Dead Rising 2: Zombrex edition for £8.99 on PS3, so snapped that up.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:18 am

Bought a GBA (black), with charger, 2 games and other assorted gubbins from eBay. Cost £14 including postage.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am

Bought 2000 points and got Super Meat Boy (which kept me positively glued to the screen last night) as it's clearly never coming to Wiiware now thanks to MS and Beyond Good & Evil HD. Next purchase will prolly be Raskulls as I played the demo and it's a superb game, a 2D side scrolling platformer mixed with Mario Kart power ups. Despite the crap name it's a really good game.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:21 pm

another couple of GC games courtesy of Ninjabearhug :D

sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Ordered Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3), a game I wanted as soon as I saw the original trailers but had forgotten about completely until Rayne mentioned it. Better to get it now than risk not being able to find a copy down the line.

Also pre-ordered Arcana Heart 3 on the PS3 because at £17.99 on Play.com, you can't say no 8)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Trying to re-kick my gaming, I traded in my Kinect and a couple of other games, and bought a new PSP (3000). I love my PSP, but the nub is a little iffy so I thought I might as well get a new one to plough through the vast PSP pile stacking up in my room - not helped by the recent acquisition of GOW Ghost of Sparta and Tactics Ogre.

Nothing retro for a long time though sadly. Am buying a PS1 (boxed) off of a mate next week though, and that has a fair deal of decent games that I either don't have or can put up for a trade on here.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Space_turnip wrote:Am buying a PS1 (boxed) off of a mate next week though, and that has a fair deal of decent games that I either don't have or can put up for a trade on here.
Nice to see you getting back into it Mike hope all is well.If you get a copy of Jeff waynes War of worlds in that lot of Ps1 games i would take it off your hands :D

Got Godziila destroy all monsters melle been after that elusive bugger for a while so glad to have finally picked it up :D

Last edited by aztecca on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Not a purchase but got my GGX and BBCS signed by the creators today. :D

Logged out 15/07/2014.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:55 pm

aztecca wrote:
Space_turnip wrote:Am buying a PS1 (boxed) off of a mate next week though, and that has a fair deal of decent games that I either don't have or can put up for a trade on here.
Nice to see you getting back into it Mike hope all is well.If you get a copy of Jeff waynes War of worlds in that lot of Ps1 games i would take it off your hands :D

Got Godziila destroy all monsters melle been after that elusive bugger for a while so glad to have finally picked it up :D

Nicely done Az....finishing line in sight now :D

I'll also echo your sentiment...nice to see you back on the boards, Mr Turnip :)

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:58 pm

nokgod wrote: Nicely done Az....finishing line in sight now :D
Yep not to far now mate :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:02 pm

nokgod wrote: I'll also echo your sentiment...nice to see you back on the boards, Mr Turnip :)
Cheers Trev (and Az). I think I've announced my return 3 times and then not actually come back, so this time I thought i'd just shuffle in quietly ;)

I'm trying to work out where to take my collection at the moment. I've got it a size I'm more than happy with, and am in no rush to get much for most consoles now, so I'm pondering whether to stay strictly on a SMS buying (which would make getting it all much quicker as I wouldnt keep getting distracted by other consoles games), branch out and get some systems I don't already have or find a new system to plough some of my (not a huge amount) spare cash into.