What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Just won Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii for £12.50 :D ...not the classic controller set though

llj

Post by llj » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Got 2 games in the bargain bins today:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
Xenosaga 1.

Nakamura will be happy to know that I got Xenosaga with his recommendation in mind. Saw it in the store, thought, "Hey, that Nakamura fellow on the Retrogamer forums recommended this series, didn't he? Decent price, maybe I take!" :D

As for ROTTK, I've got a number of these games. I can't say I've gotten very far into any of them, but I can't seem to resist them, I'm too fascinated by the setting. Ancient China has been growing fascination with me in recent years, even if the original novels have a lot of embellishment and some fantastical elements. Of course, then I'm hit by these hyper complicated menus and I think, "Hmm, interesting, when I have the time..."

*Stuffs it into the growing wait pile*

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Picked up the following:

Tetris Worlds - Cube
Zoocube - Cube
Mario Kart Double Dash Action Replay Disc - Cube
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Wow, I'm impressed. Having bought Chopper 2 at the currently available knock-down prices (only £0.59 each) for both my iPhone and Mac I've just been playing the game on my Mac whilst using my iPhone, via its built-in gyroscopic sensor and accelerometer, to control the on-screen action wirelessly via Wi-fi. Its a really enjoyable game too! :)

EDIT: The iPhone version of Chopper 2 can also be played on a TV screen too apparently. Hmmm, I'm now tempted to buy an iPhone-to-VGA cable to be playing the game on my 40" HDTV!
Last edited by DreamcastRIP on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:51 pm

TMNT Ninja Warriors (aka TMNT Tournament Fighters) - but my adaptor doesn't want to go past the first screen. Balls.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Bought a few 360 games from GAME, Gears Of War 2 and Operation Flashpoint (both preowned) as well as a brand new Splinter Cell Conviction Collector's Edition (Steelbook w/ game & soundtrack CD + Sam Fisher figurine) for £9.99.

Also got Half Life on PS2 for £1 from CEX this afternoon, I actually think it seems more impressive than it did when I first played the PS2 version back in 2001, lovely to have only paid a mere quid for it. :D

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Update on the A320: Having heard nothing from dingoo.co.uk for a few days inquired as to what was happening only to find out it was out of stock. My money was refunded without telling me so at least I got it back though it would of been nice to have been informed. He then tells me he has received a small batch of A320s which has been pre-ordered but can send me one out on Monday if I re-order now. :? Hmm, no thanks. Think I got away lightly considering he's still selling them on Ebay.

Tried again and ordered one at http://www.gbax.com and went through the nightmare that is Google Checkout. Hopefully this time around it will be in stock and don't have to resort to the far east due to all the local suppliers being useless.
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Went into that new retro-gaming shop in Liverpool today (Level Up, for the curious), and got a boxed Prinztronic with three boxed games for £20. Maybe a bit steep, but how often do you see a Prinztronic outside of eBay? Really? Fun little system it is and all, four different weapons to choose from in the Space Invaders cartridge, plus day/night options and the option to have no protective barriers. Fun, yes.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Just bought Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo ODST for the 360. Will be more than a week before I can try them though.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:51 am

Raiden 4 for the 360 popped through the letter box this morning.
Splink!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:49 am

Just had my halo 3 legendary edition Helmet turn up.I won it a couple of weeks ago on eBay for 99p :D that is twice that the postman has been on a Sunday afternoon now :shock:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:50 pm

i bought Lego indiana jones from HMV on sat and sold it today for £60, sometimes it pays to read threads on this site :wink: :lol:
Still behaving myself and not buying any games to play until i finish those ive started

chewy

Post by chewy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Frank Chickens wrote:Update on the A320: Having heard nothing from dingoo.co.uk for a few days inquired as to what was happening only to find out it was out of stock. My money was refunded without telling me so at least I got it back though it would of been nice to have been informed. He then tells me he has received a small batch of A320s which has been pre-ordered but can send me one out on Monday if I re-order now. :? Hmm, no thanks. Think I got away lightly considering he's still selling them on Ebay.

Tried again and ordered one at http://www.gbax.com and went through the nightmare that is Google Checkout. Hopefully this time around it will be in stock and don't have to resort to the far east due to all the local suppliers being useless.
Looks like you were lucky mate, his site's been suspended: http://www.dingoo.co.uk/
I'm going to order from DealExtreme tomorrow, will let you know how I get on.

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 pm

chewy wrote:
Looks like you were lucky mate, his site's been suspended: http://www.dingoo.co.uk/
Blimey, you're right, dodged a bullet there! :D

Now http://www.gbax.com is not responding, if I don't hear anything by Tuesday I'll have to get by chargeback and try the eastern route.

Let me know how you get on with DE, if they turn out to be a good egg I'll use them should gbax goes apex over base.
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

chewy

Post by chewy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Frank Chickens wrote:
chewy wrote:
Blimey, you're right, dodged a bullet there! :D

Now http://www.gbax.com is not responding, if I don't hear anything by Tuesday I'll have to get by chargeback and try the eastern route.

Let me know how you get on with DE, if they turn out to be a good egg I'll use them should gbax goes apex over base.
I looked at GBAX, the next day delivery seems appealing. Ohhh the dilemma :lol:
Where abouts in Birmingham are you? I'm at uni up there you see.