What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JetSetWilly

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Tepid Snake wrote:On a semi-related note, I pre-ordered Raiden Fighters Aces as soon as it was available (some time in July?) on Amazon, and it has had its release date changed no less than 4 times now. Received another email from Amazon about it today. A fiver says it's going to be cancelled!
I've got the same feeling. I had it preordered since I saw it on preorders. At £17.99, it's a bargain. I'm really hoping it does get released, though, as we never get the good shmups, like ThunderForce VI and Death Smiles.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

filecore

Post by filecore » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:12 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Tepid Snake wrote:On a semi-related note, I pre-ordered Raiden Fighters Aces as soon as it was available (some time in July?) on Amazon, and it has had its release date changed no less than 4 times now. Received another email from Amazon about it today. A fiver says it's going to be cancelled!
I've got the same feeling. I had it preordered since I saw it on preorders. At £17.99, it's a bargain. I'm really hoping it does get released, though, as we never get the good shmups, like ThunderForce VI and Death Smiles.

Arse! :( Likewise, as soon as I heard, I preordered!

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:22 pm

JetSetWilly wrote: I've got the same feeling. I had it preordered since I saw it on preorders. At £17.99, it's a bargain. I'm really hoping it does get released, though, as we never get the good shmups, like ThunderForce VI and Death Smiles.
I'm hoping it (eventually) gets released too- I love the Raiden Fighters games- but if it keeps getting delayed like this... I'm amazed it was announced for a PAL release at all, really- when a game like Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns has to be ordered online because no shops are getting it in, something like Raiden Fighters Aces doesn't stand a chance at all. The same thing is happening to the UK version of Castle of Shikigami III, by the way- it was supposed to come out in April, then it was listed as October, and the pQube website gives the vague 'Q3 2010'.
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:I've got the same feeling. I had it preordered since I saw it on preorders. At £17.99, it's a bargain. I'm really hoping it does get released, though, as we never get the good shmups, like ThunderForce VI and Death Smiles.
I suppose you haven't played TF6 then. :wink:

Death Smiles is one of the weaker cave games too.. imo
Logged out 15/07/2014.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:50 am

Round up of this weeks purchases.

Lost Odyssey - 360
Gotcha Force - Cube
Megaman X: Command Mission - Cube
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Cube
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - Cube
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Cube
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - Cube
PN03 - Cube
NES Classics: Donkey Kong - GBA
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 am

dste wrote:Round up of this weeks purchases.

Lost Odyssey - 360
Gotcha Force - Cube
Megaman X: Command Mission - Cube
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Cube
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - Cube
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Cube
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - Cube
PN03 - Cube
NES Classics: Donkey Kong - GBA

Some marvellous 'cube love there mate :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 am

speedlolita wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:I've got the same feeling. I had it preordered since I saw it on preorders. At £17.99, it's a bargain. I'm really hoping it does get released, though, as we never get the good shmups, like ThunderForce VI and Death Smiles.
I suppose you haven't played TF6 then. :wink:

Death Smiles is one of the weaker cave games too.. imo
TBH, I hevn't. They were the first names that popped into my head (and mainly because I can't really spell Mushimasomethingorother) :lol: :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Had a lovely trip to York on Saturday and met up with a friend and follow forum member (you know who you are!). Had a great day and picked up the following very cheaply with the aid of my buddy:
You're welcome Sir.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am

Pure (PS3) £3 :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 pm

A Space Invaders flip top game thing
A fully boxed with inserts and all GameBoy camera £3

Now I need a Game Boy (possibly pocket)

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Checked Blockbusters out again this afternoon. Seems all the 5 for £5 stuff is all on sale separately at 95p a pop, managed to pick up the following for 95p each:

Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller - XB
Silent Scope Complete - XB
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - 360
Vietcong 2 - PC
Deus Ex - PC
An extra-long ethernet cable, so I can use Live without any short-wire hassles.

Been after Crazy Taxi 3 for aaaaages, it's one game I've never had in eight years of owning an Xbox (pity it's not BC on 360, tho). Silent Scope Complete I've already got, somewhere, I've been hankering to play it again for ages, and at 31.6p per game is simply incredible. I'll be tinkering with the enhanced graphics mods on Deus Ex, I've only ever played it on PS2, looking forward to playing it in its 'proper' incarnation.

Anyway, there were at least twenty old PS1 games, nothing too aces, stuff like Air Combat, Spec Ops, Darklight Conflict and the like, and all the PS2 stuff at 95p is basically old sports games - all the different versions of Pro Evo, Fifa, EA Rugby, a few copies of Smackdown Vs, Raw and plenty more generic soccer games. Did spot a PC steering wheel but didn't bother, got far too much clutter as it is.

RPKGV

Post by RPKGV » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Ford Racing 3 for the PS2.
My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more, http://www.youtube.com/user/RPKGameVids

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Tepid Snake wrote:Finally cracked and bought a few more import PS2 games- Sega Ages: Fantasy Zone Complete Collection (I am a complete sucker for this series and want to play Fantasy Zone II DX so bad), and Metal Slug (3D) (it can't be that much worse than 6, right? Right?!).
So, any good?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:23 pm

JazzFunk wrote:Checked Blockbusters out again this afternoon. Seems all the 5 for £5 stuff is all on sale separately at 95p a pop, managed to pick up the following for 95p each:

Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller - XB
Silent Scope Complete - XB
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - 360
Vietcong 2 - PC
Deus Ex - PC
They are going bankrupt so they will be having closing down sales soon

DCharlie

Post by DCharlie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:24 pm

My Gamepark Caanoo arrived yesterday....

the Caanoo is a bit of a disaster so far.

PC manager software didn't work - had to tinker to get that working
Then the instructions on entering coupons was completely different to how it should work
Then the downloads were painfully slow
Then after each download the system crashes and you have to go back through the whole sign in and download cycle for each game
and the final cherry on the turd...
Because the DRM pass through system doesn't work/wasn't tested anywhere outside Korea you can't actually play any of the official games on the machine

So then it's over to the homebrew/emus... getting them on the machine is a lot less painful than via the DRM/PC Manger thing, but alas - right now we only have GP32 emus recompiled for Caanoo and they run pretty poorly. So ... so far it's been massively disappointing.

Other than that i decided to give the 24 themed Pachinko-slot PS2 game a punt, and a whole batch of PS2 stuff arrived in the post.