What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Mask Seller

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by The Mask Seller » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm

From my monthly trip to Merry Hill...

Super Mario Sunshine (a re-buy to see if I can get into it this time)
Silent Hill Shattered Memories (I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll enjoy this)
Super Mario Galaxy (because it's teh awesome and I feel I should complete it before getting SMG 2)
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Henry Hatsworth, €10 factory sealed, for the DS :D
Nintendo DS games: 41

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am

I bought Transformers: War For Cybertron for XBOX 360 from a local Big W (Woolworths) for AUD$61 yesterday.

Also ordered Quake for the Saturn and Transformers for PlayStation 2 off eBay in the last day or so.

With a good pay day coming up in less than a week, I'll no doubt be grabbing more off eBay in the next few days.
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:26 am

Picked up a few more games on the ipod:

Tom Clancy's Hawx: 59p
Streets of Rage: 59p
Rayman 2: 59p
Pix n Rush: 59p

:D

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:48 pm

SSFIV on the 360
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm

I finally managed to get a better copy of Megaman: Dr Wily's Revenge for the Gameboy. The box on my last copy was pretty based up but my mint copy arrived this morning.

Additionally my brother just came back from America with the following for me:
Megaman Zero Collection
Megaman Star Force 3: Red Joker
Megaman Star Force 3: Black Ace (Loose)

That takes my total Megaman games to 301 and the number I need to complete my collection to 49. Almost there!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Uaithne wrote:I bought Transformers: War For Cybertron for XBOX 360 from a local Big W (Woolworths) for AUD$61 yesterday.

Also ordered Quake for the Saturn and Transformers for PlayStation 2 off eBay in the last day or so.

With a good pay day coming up in less than a week, I'll no doubt be grabbing more off eBay in the next few days.
I was in Aus last month, i feel sorry for you for how much your games cost (generally) 100dollars for a new release!!

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Joey wrote:
Uaithne wrote:I bought Transformers: War For Cybertron for XBOX 360 from a local Big W (Woolworths) for AUD$61 yesterday.

I was in Aus last month, i feel sorry for you for how much your games cost (generally) 100dollars for a new release!!
Hmm...comes out to about £55 according to XE... that IS a lot :shock:

Oh and I couldn't resist and got Madden 08 for 360...
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

NonShinyGoose

Post by NonShinyGoose » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I brought this on eBay about a week ago for £18 with £10 postage.

Very bizarre bundle, and i'm guessing that the seller didn't know anything about what he was selling - it's an import model (with a purple flap) but this wasn't mentioned. He also bundled an N64 game with it (Turok 2) - I presume that he thought it was a Mega Drive game as the cart is black. :fail:

He said it comes with 17 games, however in the photo on the auction there was 21...which is the number I received. They're a mixture of bootlegs, PAL and US releases.

I have a feeling that the console itself is a bootleg - it's an Asian model, as mentioned earlier, but the box and instructions are in English? It came with a 2 pin plug. The box shows two 6 button pads, but the two I got were 3 button. Both joypads are broken - one appears to be dead, the other only the start button works. Not a big issue as i've ordered some new 6 button ones from Deal Extreme. The bundle was also sold as untested.

Some games have no sound too? Toki/JuJu has sound but Altered Beast and Rastan Saga II are mute. I've cleaned the contacts up; not sure what else I could try?

I can't get the top two multi-carts in the photo below to work. Snow Bros. worked first time though. These carts feels very cheap and nasty....

...in fact, they aren't even held in with screws - I could pull them apart with my fingers. :D

These bootlegs amused me. The writing says "Your family will enjoy playing home entertainment like never before!"

End of the day though, i'm not bothered that the pads are borked and some of the bootlegs don't work - I still think I got a good deal for the money. Looking forward to playing Snow Bros. once the new pads arrive! :p
Gaming Gibberish - http://www.gamesasylum.com
Follow us on TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gamesasylum

360 Gamer Tag: NonShinyGoose

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Interesting bundle that, plenty of decent games there too... Probably not BATMAN RETURN though! ;)

Even though Snow Bros is a bootleg that's still a nice find!
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Yesterday, I got Assassins Creed 2....today I took it back. Too slow, and I found the first 25 minutes boring as fook. What I'm really on the look out for is Fallout 3 Game of the Year on 360. Do you think I can find it in Game, Gamestation and HMV? No fecking chance. HMV said it's been deleted :shock:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

FlyHighKid

Post by FlyHighKid » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Yesterday, I got Assassins Creed 2....today I took it back. Too slow, and I found the first 25 minutes boring as fook. What I'm really on the look out for is Fallout 3 Game of the Year on 360. Do you think I can find it in Game, Gamestation and HMV? No fecking chance. HMV said it's been deleted :shock:
Gah, I need to get that for PC. Mini nuke-powered Magnum .44 for the win!
Image Image
psj3909 wrote:What next, Scary Movie better than Schindlers List ? What is everyone smoking.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:39 pm

FlyHighKid wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Yesterday, I got Assassins Creed 2....today I took it back. Too slow, and I found the first 25 minutes boring as fook. What I'm really on the look out for is Fallout 3 Game of the Year on 360. Do you think I can find it in Game, Gamestation and HMV? No fecking chance. HMV said it's been deleted :shock:
Gah, I need to get that for PC. Mini nuke-powered Magnum .44 for the win!
HMV have it on PC for £30. Worth looking on their site. It's just the 360 version, apparently :?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:35 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:What I'm really on the look out for is Fallout 3 Game of the Year on 360. Do you think I can find it in Game, Gamestation and HMV? No fecking chance. HMV said it's been deleted :shock:
I've seen loads of pre-owned copies in the Game and Gamestation at Merry Hill, picked up my copy last month for about £17. If you don't get it in the interim I'll PM next time I go, if you still want a copy and they're there to be had I'll pick you one up.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:42 pm

witchfinder wrote: Even though Snow Bros is a bootleg that's still a nice find!

Got one from Hong Kong a few weeks ago different cover straight to game no boot but hey ho, like me murphys Iam not bitter.

Nice Pirates.. Non Shiny. Though that one with World Cup 92 has come up a few times on ebay

Your MD looks like a Korean/ Asian version that has been put in a pal box

The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769