What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

firebreather

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by firebreather » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 pm

@megamixer, i dindt explain myself clearly i didnt want god of war, becuase i already have it, but it was a choice of buying a decent game that i already owned or one of the many copies of tiger woods, fifa, need for speed etc, at least i can get shot of the god of war at some point.
Thanks for the info on Glass Rose, have to admit i got it simply because it was by capcom :)

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Got another one of my "most wanted" Megaman games today:

Its a PC Doujin game called Rockmen R which has you playing as Megaman's sister Roll. It plays exactly like any other classic Megaman game and has 8 brand new bosses (plus some familiar faces). Being a Doujin game it was released in minimal quantities so it was really hard to track down.
well done, that does look quite special

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

A happy little bundle from Cash Converters today.

Die Hard Trilogy on that PlayStation thing, for £1, and then AeroWings and TrickStyle for that Dreamcast, also for £1 each.
Can't complain?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:41 pm

retrojc wrote:

Its a PC Doujin game called Rockmen R which has you playing as Megaman's sister Roll. It plays exactly like any other classic Megaman game and has 8 brand new bosses (plus some familiar faces). Being a Doujin game it was released in minimal quantities so it was really hard to track down.
well done, that does look quite special
Thanks. I'm really impressed with the game not to mention it is a great piece for my collection as well :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Rockmen R
That really is something special, congrats! Good to hear that it's actually a decent game as well as a collector's piece... Although I'm wondering whether the Rockmen title is intentional, or just a spelling mistake.

Oh, and my copy of Laser Ghost for the Master System arrived today. Was definitely worth finding a Light Phaser for, although I have to confess that the box-art is what sold me on the game- must be done by the same person who did the Psycho Fox and Shinobi World covers, it's both goofy and neat:

Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Well, Tepid Snake, now that you have a Light Phaser, you should also look out for Operation Wolf. I've never liked the game in any form, other than the Master System version. Yep.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:07 am

$10 for Rogue Squadron, Rebel Strike & Bounty Hunter all on the Gamecube. Hardly old skool in the scheme of all things retro but they had been on my wanted listed for a while.
Into the Wonderful

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:11 am

Tepid Snake wrote:
Rockmen R
That really is something special, congrats! Good to hear that it's actually a decent game as well as a collector's piece... Although I'm wondering whether the Rockmen title is intentional, or just a spelling mistake.
You know, now you mention it I think it is a spelling mistake. The Japanese title spells out "Rockman" and on the menu screen in game "password" is spelt "passward" so you never know!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:56 am

Just got a brand new sealed copy of Atari Classics Evolved on the PSP from Evilbay.

Only £8.41 including postage from the USA - Oh yes!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 am

Picked up Onechanbara for the 360 today, when I got home I found Dodonpachi for the Saturn and God Hand and Gunbird for the PS2 waiting for me, I immediately apologised for being late and let them in.
Splink!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 am

As I've been suspended from work (on full pay) for the past 2 weeks odd I don't have too much spare cash to splash around on game ATM. Still couldn't resist picking up Monkey Island though on 360. Now going through the 3 trials, I will always love this game. The voice acting is not as bad as it could have been actually, and LeChuck in particular is quite good.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 am

Got these today at Gamestation, all for £15!

I brought Yakuza back when it came out and traded it on before finishing so looking forward to carrying on with that.

The rest ive not played before...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 am

That's a real bargain for that lot. I haven't played Manhunt 2 but all of the others are great games in my opinion.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Megamixer wrote:That's a real bargain for that lot. I haven't played Manhunt 2 but all of the others are great games in my opinion.
Yea i was suprised at some of the prices, i never usually look in the PS2 section. They also has The Getaway for 50p, its not the greatest game in the world but definately worth a play through for that price.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Didnt buy them. but got given 2 N64 games today at work: Cliffhanger and Toy Story. Anyone know if they're even worth plugging my
N64 in for?? (edit: scratch that! just looked in the bag and they're SNES games - same question stands though)
Last edited by Timothy Lumsden on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.